• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Phone dialled out internaionally without permission!

Search This thread

Terenth

Jan 15, 2009
Did someone had wlan activated?
I will flash a new rom and deactivate the phone (without setting the whole phone off) and watch what happens..
Griaz!

conantroutman

Retired Senior Moderator - XDA Portal Team
Dec 10, 2009
Yes mine would have been connected to wlan when it happened.
Have done a hard reset to see if that solves it............

willcor

Oct 2, 2008
maybe..this info might help..?

hi,
yes, i had same experience as .." smudgelab "....
in short..i have a hd phone( with stock rom 6.1 )and had just downloaded two applications ,
from a link i followed ,provided by the ....1800pocketpc...website
i had clicked on " developer's site " and went to "hd2sr......" site
(one application being..HD2SOFTRESET...and another )
i transfered applications to my phone ..(but have not yet installed any application.. )
my wifi was on and next moment i noticed phone dialing ...exact same no...listed by " smudgelab "
+88213213214
+1(767)503-3611
+8823460777
....plus +25240221601

my deduction ?
there could be a "link/clue ?" in above ..?
..as this was the only website i went to .. to download any applications (yesterday..i downloaded ..nothing..) and also had no unwanted, behaviour by phone.
...co incidence...? above applications ...?
hope above info helps...?

at least i can verify and confirm .."smudgelab " statement,
(regarding phone... dialing " same" international no .....?)
good luck
willcor

N-ter

Feb 17, 2010
It's weird because it seems no one ever mentioned about these numbers except the ones with Windows Mobile devices on this forum.

dudes45

Feb 15, 2009
Basinstoke
SAME ...

My phone also dialed +25240221601 +88213213214 +1(767)503-3611 +8823460777 last night and i lost over five pound of credit im using DJKOAs rom I just typed that first number into google and this came up its weird I am not sure its a download that said i did download divx player last night from a site i have forgotten and my phone deleted all its web history... by the way i have the Kaiser\TyTn II.. My wlan was also connected very strange hmm any ideas =D its weird it all happened around the same time lol hackers..jokes well it better not be =D

Edit: weird if i dial 25240221601 into a reverse phone directory it says invalid or it takes the one off the end and says it is a cellular number in washington, all the other numers come up with nothing ....it is strange

Last edited:

krecik2002

Dec 19, 2009
I had the same story last night with my Omnia 2 - I was woken up by voice from phone call saying that the number is incorrect. Right after I dropped connection, the phone started calling next number from the list of 3 posted above, which I stopped instantly. Fortunately none of connections were billed.
I've searched the entire registry for one of these numbers and contents of all files in \windows and \program files directories but no success.
Do you guys think that built in phone filter for outgoing international connections can stop this until the problem is solved?

conantroutman

Dec 10, 2009
I did a hard reset, those numbers have to be stored somewhere in the phone and without knowing where i cant see any other way of making sure it doesnt keep happening.
It didnt happen again last night so hopefully problem solved.

Sam Whyte

Jan 10, 2009
dear all, has any one found the root cause and solution to this? my phone had the same issue calling those numbers last night and without knowing anything I was just sleeping peacefully... only this evening I realized my phone run out of money when I tried to make a call. all my USD 40 was gone with a call to this number +25240221601. I believe this was caused by some newly free downloaded game avatar... please be careful when trying free software or games......:(

conantroutman

Dec 10, 2009
i noticed some files in the folder for experiment 13 called xperiadialer.dll theres a few of them, no idea if this is relevant or not......

baileyy

Jan 31, 2010
My HD2 also did that last night. Completely freaked me out. Lucky international dialing is blocked on my phone. So does anyone know what's going on?

-PM-

Nov 12, 2004
My Diamond 2 with official 6.1 Spanish ROM have tried a few minutes ago to phone to the same numbers listed before.

I'm not installed "Experiment 13", but recently I've installed some aplications from "OMarket 1.1" aplication from "FreewarePocketPC.com"

Anybody else with this problem have used this aplication to install programs?

Another thing: the D2 was on Flight Mode: WiFi and Phone where off. After try to dial the 4 numbers seems it has stopped dialing.

Last edited:

theloother

Sep 1, 2009
Hi all,

im in Ireland with an omnia 2, same issue. I downloaded a patched version of garmin and IGo off gpsunderground last night, not sure if that where the problem lies

I have the following installed
skyfire
palringo
fring
facebook
mss converter
google maps
imdb mobile
celan ram
football monitor
tvu player
core player
mplayer
tcpmp
new version of myphone
omarket
marketplace
google translator
o2 flash/compass
3d anti terrorist
meon light
iceway rush hour
data controler
hd wobble
3 lingvosoft dictionaries
pocket rar
sherlock holmes gameloft
sodoku mobile
winmodof
Beyondpod

No wifi on at the time! Anyone know if this may have used data too?

Stock ROM

Last edited:

biosensorben

Jan 21, 2010
Pontefract
Hi all,

I've just had the same problem - woken up at 3.20am to my phone saying invalid number etc. I stopped the call (+882 346 0777) then it tried to ring a US no. (+1 (767) 503-3611). I then switched it off and on again and it's not done anything since.

I've downloaded lookup mobile securiy, done a virus scan and it found nothing.

I've got the following extra programs installed, on top of the latest stock rom from HTC:
Lookout Mobile Security
Omarket
Stop Watch.exe
MSS Converter
cleanRAM
OpenMobileMaps
WIFI Remote Access 1.0
TouchPaint
Suitor
Solitare
BrainSchool
Smart Mahjongg
SuDokuV2
BoingGLES
MoorHuhn
Experiment 12
Touchtris
Dog Whistle
Bananas
Igrecway Rushhour
Scrobble
3D Anti-Terrorist Action

At a brief (half asleep!) glance, the only things I seem to have in common with others with this problem is Omarket, Experiment 13 and clean RAM. Should I perhaps just uninstall these? - Any ideas gratefully accepted!

I'll be talking to T-mobile first thing to check what my international call status is!

Cheers

Ben

livedog

Dec 23, 2009
Halifax
Hmmm.

I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia and am on the Bell network. My WINDOWS MOBILE based HTC Diamond just called 3 of these great phone numbers. Very strange.

I use a skinned Touchflo 3D interface and have downloaded anything worth having from freewarepocketpc. All the tweak programs, utilities, games such as Experiment 13 and Anti Terrorist. I use the Windows dialer instead of the default HTC one. Perhaps the dialer may be the cause? At any rate this blows monkey balls. I hate Microsoft....

rp-x1

Mar 28, 2009
Portsmouth, UK
I've literally just been woken up by the same issue, all numbers the same as OP.

My device has pretty much remained the same since I installed the following in the first week of ownership (a few months back) (give or take a couple of apps, like FlashLight):

TotalCommander
BsBTweaks
HC4 Obex Inbox
MS .Net 3.5
Atomware Dopewars
OrangeSoftware PocketUno
Morawietz Smart Mahjongg
Touch Dimensions Totem Star
waku WKTask
pocketmax pmClean
MoDaCo AppToDate
Skyfire Browser
MoDaCo DupeDeDupe
*Google Maps
Gudensoft Email Scheduler
SpoonUKFlights
SHAPE Services GPSed
Shazam
Igrecway RushHour
Spacetornado Software Scrobble
4Tune HTCAlbum CacheMod
ATT Collapse_Chaos
NICQUE Freeware GCzII
Imdb Mobile
Aloqa
BoingGLES
dega's Calendar current day blue highlight
dega's Calendar tab little triangle red
MobileTopSoft OpnMarket
JMB Flix
DaveShaw xdaShutdown 1.0
CreationPal SportyPal
boooka mammoth lockslider
kurniawan77 HTC Flashlight
RicardoFraile&Chinubrio F1 Pocket 2010
htcAddicts cleanRAM
Brins0.net Gyrator 2
Red FrogFish DataController
LOFFactory GoDaft
FWSoft MyPlayer
MS MyPhone
fringland Fring
Marek Swatek PowerWebRadio
DivX DivxPlayer
Ganondalf Experiment13
SouthEnd Xtrakt
Didier Degioanni WinMoDof
Morose Media WMWifiRouter

JVSoftware Configurations - This I don't recognise, but seems to be to do with "RemoteTracker" which I have installed in the past.

Except the following, which I installed yesterday:

3D Anti-Terrorist Action (via freewarepocketpc / omarket)
- this refused to close when I ran it, I guessed it was due to incompatibility (it didn't fit my screen properly)

Mavec (via Marketplace)
EcoGyzer One Trip (via Marketplace)

All were uninstalled after one use.

I've searched the registry (specifically HKLM \ Software ) and found something new:

discretix

I've definitely not seen this before as all the other keys I recognise.

Last edited:

artbard

May 11, 2007
same problem

hi all,

this night my diamond called four foreign numbers also. i installed anti terrorist game yesterday. after start it completely crashed, so i should restart pda. i saw the game in the list above. maybe this soft can be dialer? iam from czech republic, diamond rom is htc genuine.

Fredy2

Jul 31, 2008
Found something interesting...

i have suspiction about 3d anti terrorist since i noticed a lot of people recently installed it and i found this
huike.cn/Exhibit/endetail.asp?cate=61&pid=61

I went on the official game and saw that the game is supose to be shareware/demo and you must pay for it.

while of the freewareppc site i saw the link of the dev's

antiterrorist3d.atspace.com

Now i don't need to continue my point.

You guyz might need to hard reset if it happends again and confirm with your service provider to temp block the int calling to see if its the case

As an extra note i sent a mail to Freewarepocketpc.net with this details.

I grew suspicious because i didnt have a single software in the list xept for the freewarepocketpc.net market software and 3d anti terrorist.

So my suspicion started from that and i checked the info.

Can someone double check the software and place the info on how to take out this ghost dialer? im cheking the files inside the cad right now.

(sorry for bad english... right now way sleepy and since this came up a few min ago i wanted to fix it before i do anything)

rovex

Nov 13, 2008
I think it might be 3D anti terrorist as well. I installed it a few days ago (it SUCKS by the way) and this morning my phone dialled the numbers listed. I regard this as theft since i have been charged and will be reporting the the app.