• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Phone doesn't go past galaxy s3 start up screen!

Search This thread

Qaz_92

Aug 5, 2012
London
Hi guys,

On my phone I went to CWM and clicked reboot into recovery. However the phone can't go past the 'Samsung galaxy s3' start up bit. When I do volume down, home and power button it just goes into download mode and stays there. ANything I can do?

[KK] Satcom23

Jan 5, 2013
Portland
Need futher

Just flash a stock Rom with Odin, you can get download mode so all is good :)

Hey I have the same problem as the guy you just help, and I have been trying this for the past 2 hours. I have tried to flash the original samsung rom and flash cwm recovery and both wont go past the gs3 boot screen. Anything I could do? I can get to the recovery and download mode. By the way im on sprint gs3

Mario Christian Oquias

Oct 24, 2011
manila
sprint?
Then download the one for sprint.

Looks like you're flashing the international i9300 odin packages.
this seems to be a soft brick. Just flash the one with odin from the Sprint Galaxy S3 forums.

Sir i have the same problem , my SGS3 is soft bricked ,cant go pass the samsung boot logo,tried the volup+home+pwr method to go the recovery but it just reverts back to the boot logo, i havent tried to flash the official stock rom for international version yet,i would like to try the one that you guys have used and worked, can someone pls provide a link so i can flash it via ODIN? thanks and its much appriciated .

im trying to download at this site http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9300 ... but there is a problem with their servers... BTW my region is in the philippines.

Last edited:

ralphie1267

Jun 23, 2012
oxford nj
U can get stock rom for your phone on the official samsung site .I just had this happen to me. It was stuck on samsung logo and when I would try to get into recovery via 3button method phone would just power off and on and vibrate so after a while by luck looked down at my phone and it was in download mode so just had to use oden and flas a new recovery and a stock jb rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Mario Christian Oquias

Oct 24, 2011
manila
Help Soft bricked S3

after flashing via odin this came up... failed , i dont know whats PIT mapping is... need Help here ,

<ID:0/025> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9300XXDLJ1_I9300OLBDLJ1_I9300DXDLI5_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/025> Odin v.3 engine (ID:25)..
<ID:0/025> File analysis..
<ID:0/025> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/025> Initialzation..
<ID:0/025> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/025>
<ID:0/025> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

xSpeced

Jul 28, 2012
after flashing via odin this came up... failed , i dont know whats PIT mapping is... need Help here ,

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9300XXDLJ1_I9300OLBDLJ1_I9300DXDLI5_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/025> Initialzation..
<ID:0/025> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/025>
<ID:0/025> There is no PIT partition.

I think it's part of the uh sudden death thing with the pit dissapearing.

Try this at your own risk, but flashing the correct PIT? or it might be time for service center

Mario Christian Oquias

Oct 24, 2011
manila
I think it's part of the uh sudden death thing with the pit dissapearing.

Try this at your own risk, but flashing the correct PIT? or it might be time for service center

its that serious huh? ouch... that will leave a mark.. tsk tsk tsk....how would i know if its the correct PIT mapping and procedure to do that? ..is there even a procedure or should i just give this to the service center, if there is a procedure i know i can do it properly, can someone point me the way? thanks for the heads up BTW :)

Mario Christian Oquias

Oct 24, 2011
manila
hel needed

<ID:0/025> Can't open the serial(COM) port.

i tried to flash the PIT and this came up, hmn..i dont know what this means..

Top Liked Posts