Question Phone heats up from simple tasks (May update)

Search This thread

Sasaiber

Dec 4, 2020
When viewing Instagram, telegram and others, the heating is strong. When listening Apple Apple music - heat is worse..
please tell me what can be done

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
That's a lot of trashware, I won't install any social media apps. They are a security risk.
Updates/upgrades can and do break things.
Rule #1 - if an OS is fast, stable and fulfilling its mission, let it be!
You can try clearing app cache's and data if needed or reinstalling them. You are what you install, use care before installing any app!
Playstore is no guarantee the app won't be a nightmare.
If you haven't done a factory reset maybe it's time... updates/upgrades have consequences.

Note: this applies to stock, not rooted devices.

Sasaiber

Dec 4, 2020
Это много мусора, я не буду устанавливать приложения для социальных сетей. Они представляют угрозу безопасности.
Обновления/обновления могут и ломают что-то.
Правило №1 - если ОС быстрая, стабильная и выполняет свою миссию, пусть будет!
Вы можете попробовать очистить кеш приложения и данные, если это необходимо, или переустановить их. Вы то, что вы устанавливаете, будьте осторожны перед установкой любого приложения!
Playstore не гарантирует, что приложение не станет кошмаром.
Если вы еще не сбросили настройки до заводских, возможно, пришло время... обновления/обновления имеют последствия.

Примечание: это относится к стоковым, а не рутированным устройствам
I installed what I used on ios. I thought that with a pixel I would not have to deal with such nonsense with reinstallation)))

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
How are things with the battery and compatibility with modules?😅
Magisk Modules work the same on that kernel as any other kernel I've tried including stock. I don't pay that close attention to my battery. I typically only charge it between 25 and 75%, and usually, only charge it once a day. I've read others report in that kernel's thread that the battery is much improved on the latest versions.

Reactions: blackhawk

Sasaiber

Dec 4, 2020
Модули Magisk работают с этим ядром так же, как и с любым другим ядром, которое я пробовал, включая стандартное. Я не обращаю пристального внимания на свою батарею. Обычно я заряжаю его только от 25 до 75% и обычно заряжаю только один раз в день. Я читал другие сообщения в ветке этого ядра о том, что батарея значительно улучшилась в последних версиях.
I'll try. I have enough from 8 am to 5 pm. I hope there will be positive results. Thanks

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I installed what I used on ios. I thought that with a pixel I would not have to deal with such nonsense with reinstallation)))
Since 2019 the only 2 factory resets I've done were because of 2 back to back boot loops🤣
Invariably if you can't sort out the problems a factory reset is your last option. I'm very conservative with firmware management. I'm especially distrustful of OTA updates where you have zero control of the download. If left alone Adroid firmware can have exceptional longevity.

I don't recommend a reset lightly as it's always better to find the issue so it doesn't reoccur.
Exceptions are malware that can't be deleted, app altered hidden settings that can't be resolved, corruption of the data in the user data partition (very rarely a SEU which could also corrupt any flash memory it touches) and 3rd party app caused boot loops🤣
In you're case a reset would give you a level foundation to build on with no artifacts that may cause erratic behaviors.

Paz9

Jan 3, 2011
Screen brightness and 5g seems to be the biggest cause of heat.
As others suggested flashing a kernel might help

sharik2009

Jun 24, 2012
I can recommend turning off "adaptive connectivity" or RMA your device, because the newer batch has better heating control, not perfect by any means, but way better in my experience.

jericho246

Same problem here. My P6P always reaches 38-39 degrees Celsius when doing light internet browsing using Brave browser, Telegram and reddit (Infinity). I really hate when my devices get this warm.
Not sure if placebo, but flashing Radioactive kernel made a small difference. But I'm still unhappy with how the phone heats up. :(

Spl4tt

Same problem here. My P6P always reaches 38-39 degrees Celsius when doing light internet browsing using Brave browser, Telegram and reddit (Infinity). I really hate when my devices get this warm.
Not sure if placebo, but flashing Radioactive kernel made a small difference. But I'm still unhappy with how the phone heats up. :(

That sounds quite good actually. My P6P is on 40C while just idling, so.

Even the smallest tasks like straming spotify will push the chip temp to 60C+, while the battery slowly heats up to 40C+. This phone is total trash

Face_Plant

Mar 24, 2014
MD
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Even the smallest tasks like straming spotify will push the chip temp to 60C+, while the battery slowly heats up to 40C+. This phone is total trash
Are you using a case? Cases seem to insulate the phone and prevent it from properly dissipating heat. My phone can get pretty warm sometimes while using my Spigen ToughArmor case, but if I remove it from the case temperatures are much more reasonable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't notice heat so much when it's being used as much as I do when it's charging.
    Replacing the device
    I actually brought this up to Google, they told me to stop using the device and wait for it to cool down before using it again
    When viewing Instagram, telegram and others, the heating is strong. When listening Apple Apple music - heat is worse..
    please tell me what can be done
    How are things with the battery and compatibility with modules?😅
    Magisk Modules work the same on that kernel as any other kernel I've tried including stock. I don't pay that close attention to my battery. I typically only charge it between 25 and 75%, and usually, only charge it once a day. I've read others report in that kernel's thread that the battery is much improved on the latest versions.
    Модули Magisk работают с этим ядром так же, как и с любым другим ядром, которое я пробовал, включая стандартное. Я не обращаю пристального внимания на свою батарею. Обычно я заряжаю его только от 25 до 75% и обычно заряжаю только один раз в день. Я читал другие сообщения в ветке этого ядра о том, что батарея значительно улучшилась в последних версиях.
    I'll try. I have enough from 8 am to 5 pm. I hope there will be positive results. Thanks