• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Phone is stuck on fastboot page

Search This thread

Jun 17, 2021
Hi,

I attempted to flash ArrowOS for my Poco F3 2 days ago but I didn't follow the steps correctly. My plan was to unlock bootloader, boot twrp and install ArrowOS. After I tried this, the ArrowOS loadup screen kept on loading for a hour. I rebooted the device and ended up in the ArrowOS recovery. After some times, I tried to flash the MIUI fastboot rom with Mi Flash Tool and I think I chose "clean all and lock." This caused a problem because I became stuck on the fastboot page and when I tried to reboot, it would go to the Poco startup page briefly before jumping back to the fastboot. I've tried to hold the power button and the volume keys but it has no effect. Also, on the Poco page there was no unlocked padlock which was weird because when I first tried to flash ArrowOS I could see the unlocked padlock. When I checked on my computer using Mi Unlock, it showed that my device was unlocked.

I think I did manage to flash fastboot rom for MIUI using XiaomiToolV2 because it said that the installation was complete.

Another problem is that when I boot TWRP with fastboot from my computer, there isn't any internal storage shown after I click the install button. I think this is because I wiped the device with TWRP when I was following various tutorials. When I try to add a file to the internal storage from my computer it shows an empty folder and any files I copy into it isn't shown.

I would be really grateful for any help as I've been trying to fix this problem for 2 days now. Thank you!

I've attached a video of the phone being stuck on fastboot.

Techguy777

Hi,

I attempted to flash ArrowOS for my Poco F3 2 days ago but I didn't follow the steps correctly. My plan was to unlock bootloader, boot twrp and install ArrowOS. After I tried this, the ArrowOS loadup screen kept on loading for a hour. I rebooted the device and ended up in the ArrowOS recovery. After some times, I tried to flash the MIUI fastboot rom with Mi Flash Tool and I think I chose "clean all and lock." This caused a problem because I became stuck on the fastboot page and when I tried to reboot, it would go to the Poco startup page briefly before jumping back to the fastboot. I've tried to hold the power button and the volume keys but it has no effect. Also, on the Poco page there was no unlocked padlock which was weird because when I first tried to flash ArrowOS I could see the unlocked padlock. When I checked on my computer using Mi Unlock, it showed that my device was unlocked.

I think I did manage to flash fastboot rom for MIUI using XiaomiToolV2 because it said that the installation was complete.

Another problem is that when I boot TWRP with fastboot from my computer, there isn't any internal storage shown after I click the install button. I think this is because I wiped the device with TWRP when I was following various tutorials. When I try to add a file to the internal storage from my computer it shows an empty folder and any files I copy into it isn't shown.

I would be really grateful for any help as I've been trying to fix this problem for 2 days now. Thank you!

Well I don't own that phone but it sounds like you didn't unlock the bootloader properly and your internal storage is encrypted that's why it shows 0 and that's probably why your having problems. Is there an encryption disabler zip? Your supposed to format data and flash an encryption disabler and than magisk v23 on Samsung devices than boot.

Reactions: 12839172398

Jun 17, 2021
No, I haven't flashed a disabler zip. Where would I download that. I found a XDA download called Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip, would that be it.

My bootloader was unlocked and the Mi Unlock tool still says that it is unlocked, but I don't see an unlocked padlock on the start up page.

Techguy777

Okay, so I've just used the Format Data option in TWRP which says it will remove encryption on internal storage. But this didn't seem to fix any problems
Did you follow the directions on Xda

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:

First installation (Clean flash):

You need adb/fastboot tools.
Download boot, vendor_boot and rom zip:

Reboot in fastboot. Flash boot and vendor_boot:

fastboot flash boot_ab boot_alioth.img
fastboot flash vendor_boot_ab vendor_boot_alioth.img
fastboot --set-active=a

Reboot in ArrowOS Recovery:

fastboot reboot recovery

Make format data (Factory reset -> Format data).

Flash ROM (Apply update -> Apply from ADB):

adb sideload name.zip

If you want install separate gapps on vanilla buildtype, after flash ROM:

Advanced -> Reboot to recovery

Flash gapps (Apply update -> Apply from ADB):

adb sideload name.zip

Follow what show on device, should be ... Step 1/2 -> 2/2, then flashing ended, can reboot device in system. (on command line can show "(~47%) adb: failed to read command: No error", it normal!)

Install Update (dirty flash):

Go in Settings -> System -> Updater

Downlad new build -> Install

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Xiaomi Poco F3
No, I haven't flashed a disabler zip. Where would I download that. I found a XDA download called Xposed-Disabler-Recovery.zip, would that be it.

My bootloader was unlocked and the Mi Unlock tool still says that it is unlocked, but I don't see an unlocked padlock on the start up page.
sounds like you have indeed locked your bootloader. you can check using fastboot cmd 'fastboot oem device-info'

if it's locked, only thing to do i would guess is to try and flash stock rom (not EU custom rom) and hope for the best, then try to unlock your bl again

Reactions: Techguy777

Techguy777

Also twrp instructions

Installation:
1. fastboot boot twrp.img
2. copy that same twrp image to the device
3. go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
4. select the image you copied
5. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
6. if you were using magisk, reflash it now
7. reboot to recovery, you should now be able to boot TWRP normally using Power+volume up

repeat step 3 and 4 directly after flashing a new rom, then reboot recovery to flash additional stuff

Jun 17, 2021
WOW! Thank you guys so much for your help! My bootloader was indeed unlocked and I proceeded with the steps by Techguy777 and it worked perfectly! I now have ArrowOS booting up and I cannot thank you guys enough. I hope you have a great day!

keyoke87

Jun 30, 2014
OnePlus 8T
Apple iPhone 12
WOW! Thank you guys so much for your help! My bootloader was indeed unlocked and I proceeded with the steps by Techguy777 and it worked perfectly! I now have ArrowOS booting up and I cannot thank you guys enough. I hope you have a great day!
enjoy the ArrowOS, it is way better than MIUI. I am loving it since i flashed it 2 days ago!

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Xiaomi Poco F3
Wow, if you chose flash and lock like you mention in 1st post and somehow your device remained unlocked, you sir are very lucky!! Glad it's all up and running. Fck knows how it stayed unlocked, but thankfully it did 👍

• Wow

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    enjoy the ArrowOS, it is way better than MIUI. I am loving it since i flashed it 2 days ago!

Also twrp instructions

Installation:
    1. fastboot boot twrp.img
    2. copy that same twrp image to the device
    3. go to Advanced > Install Recovery Ramdisk
    4. select the image you copied
    5. after that is done, if you were using a custom kernel, reflash it now
    6. if you were using magisk, reflash it now
    7. reboot to recovery, you should now be able to boot TWRP normally using Power+volume up

repeat step 3 and 4 directly after flashing a new rom, then reboot recovery to flash additional stuff
    Hi,

Well I don't own that phone but it sounds like you didn't unlock the bootloader properly and your internal storage is encrypted that's why it shows 0 and that's probably why your having problems. Is there an encryption disabler zip? Your supposed to format data and flash an encryption disabler and than magisk v23 on Samsung devices than boot.
    Okay, so I've just used the Format Data option in TWRP which says it will remove encryption on internal storage. But this didn't seem to fix any problems
    Did you flash a disabler zip? Also is your bootloader locked?