Question Phone is turning off by itself after the MIUI 13 update

Search This thread

HunTaki22

Sep 7, 2022
Guys, I think that you have to Factory reset your phones

I didn't update to MIUI 13 - instead I switched to Xiaomi.eu MIUI 13 ROM, but the process of switching ROMs requires Formating Data

And of course, everything works smoothly. Not only for me but generally for Xiaomi.eu users

And I have seen that with my previous, older Xiaomi phone (Mi 9T). After updating to MIUI 12.5/A11, many users who did not Factory reset (more precisely, Wipe or even Format Data) observed ghost troubles like yours

That's my two cents. I'm not going back to the official ROM and I don't care about, I like Xiaomi.eu (I did not switch to LOS or similar because I like and want to use MIUI)
Could you send me the link for the Rom please?

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
Could you send me the link for the Rom please?
How about simple google search, nothing else?

Please don't ask how to install. Everything can be found on their forum (or asked there). I don't like spoon-feeding and will not👻

HunTaki22

Sep 7, 2022
Hello guys, me again.. I had to wait a bit to unlock my bootloader, but I eventually did it, and installed a xiaomi.eu Rom (the stable one) and it didn't help... My phone is still restarting not too often.. Like I go to sleep or do smth. else and when I come back, the phone says you have to enter the pass code after restarting the phone... I have given up on this phone.. Nothing helps, and idk what to do with it(but a little positive is that xiaomi.eu Rom is clean and faster than the original one so that's a little bonus)

HunTaki22

Sep 7, 2022
I noticed that my phone restarts every time (if it hasn't restarted because of this before and hour or so) I open Snapchat and I have my Wi-Fi on.. It just kills the phone, it freezes after 10 seconds of use and restarts... Does anyone have a guess what could it be? Maybe I need to change my phones network hardware?

SameerJubeh

Nov 7, 2022
I had this problem over the weekend, it turns out it's an update to the system apps that caused the problem.
So I wiped the device and immediately stopped automatically system apps update and sat the device otherwise normally. It's been tow dayes never got the issue to reappear. Hope this will help someone.

prince254

Dec 22, 2022
Hey, did you get a solution on the phone restarting itself?
I'm using poco x3 gt, miui 12.5.8 and it keeps restarting when doing basic task, but stable when gaming

Sadul Rodrigo

Jan 2, 2023
My mi 10 T mobile i update software miui13 after update my phone automatic switch off because of software update After updating, my phone reset several times and it became dead. When I contacted to your service center
service engineer said that motherboard is dead because of that MIUI13 software and it take 24000 for replacing
a new motherboard .
same issue

RQN Art

Sep 7, 2022
Let's be clear here, all solutions I saw is MILLION TIMES FAST BOOT.
I experience the same thing with my Redmi Note 9 Pro, even go to service and it's hopeless.
I can't even freaking sell the phone because its software failed to do anything useful (turn on WiFi, detect SIM Card, blank camera). Better get back to Samsung.

Screw you Xiaomi

Thoiareg

Aug 31, 2016
Let's be clear here, all solutions I saw is MILLION TIMES FAST BOOT.
I experience the same thing with my Redmi Note 9 Pro, even go to service and it's hopeless.
I can't even freaking sell the phone because its software failed to do anything useful (turn on WiFi, detect SIM Card, blank camera). Better get back to Samsung.

Screw you Xiaomi
Strange, I've had several Xiaomi in my hands before, and still do today for that matter, and never got stuck with it. They all still work very well. Maybe because when I buy a new device, I unlock it immediately, and install a clean system.
But it is always possible to sell any phone, there is always a market for spare parts.

jahid92

Jan 31, 2014
please help me. i have faced same problem. my redmi 10 prime phn restart frequently.it turn on for 4/5 seconds.

Thoiareg

Aug 31, 2016
please help me. i have faced same problem. my redmi 10 prime phn restart frequently.it turn on for 4/5 seconds.
Wrong section. Here it's for Mi 11 Lite 5G.

Try here :
Or
Choose your section with the exact model of your phone (yes, a lot of 10 version) :
Mi 10 or Mi 10 Lite or Mi Note 10 or Mi Note 10 Lite or Redmi Note 10 or Redmi Note 10 5G or Mi 10 Ultra or Mi 10 Pro or Mi 10T (and 10T Pro) or Mi 10T Lite or Redmi Note 10S or Redmi Note 10 Pro 5G or Redmi Note 10T 5G

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, I've got a very weird problem with my phone which started just after I updated to MIUI 13.. It turns off by itself randomly.
    It does it while browsing, texting, etc.. and even when locked. No matter if its charging or on battery. The only situation it doesn't turn off is when playing games, benchmarking or any other heavy task which is very weird as I thought the battery might be on its way out but it doesn't make sense if it works fine with heavy tasks...
    The device is 3 months old but recently I replaced the display and the warranty is void now obviously, so I can't use that..

What I tried so far:
    - Factory resetting, nothing changed
    - Tried with the OEM safe mode, nothing changed
    - I downloaded the same update again and flashed it throught the OEM recovery, nothing changed
    - I'll try to make a clean install of the ROM when im able to unlock the bootloader which is of course after 7 days :(

Could it be a hardware issue and.. what it might be? The phone is working absolutely fine besides that random shut off - perfomance is the same, battery life is the same, no freezes ..nothing.
    The other issue im experiencing and I've read alot about this is that my touch screen sometimes (rarely) is unresponsive. It just freezes, the phone is alright but I can't press on anything..
    If it is software issue, how can I resolve it? Should I clean install the 13.0.4 rom or older?

edit.. i don't think it is actually shutting of but rather the display going black and unresponsive to any buttons as to restart it I must hold the power button more than 10 seconds

And also, I'm new to the forum, sorry if i posted this in the wrong section and excuse my bad english, I'm not a native speaker. Thank you :)
    Had this problem on Poco F3 don't know of it's any help but booted in to safe mode.Connected to Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot tools and reinstalled Xiaomi Service framework and everything worked after restart.
    My mi 10 T mobile i update software miui13 after update my phone automatic switch off because of software update After updating, my phone reset several times and it became dead. When I contacted to your service center
    service engineer said that motherboard is dead because of that MIUI13 software and it take 24000 for replacing
    a new motherboard .
    I have the same issue exceot my phone restarts after half to öné hout repeatedly. It áll started égen i installed the miui 13 update yesterday.. I tried factory resetting bűz It changed nothing. (I have a Redmi Note 9 Pro)