Question Phone Overheats and Fast battery drain with normal use

Search This thread

Xrodn34

Nov 27, 2018
Phone been using for 2 weeks now first week battery was horrible getting only 3 hours of SOT per full charge and now i get around 5-6 hours per full charge with medium use(tiktok and playing Clash of Clans)
that said i notice cpu usage around 30% and gpu around 10% when in tiktok which shoudn't even get the phone hot but somehow it ends up hot and battery drains super fast is there any fix since this battery life is just like my 4 year old phone which was one of the main reasons to change

Screenshot_2022-08-06-18-18-19-56_0ba066473b79d6e213a1f6f52505e2ee.jpg
Screenshot_2022-08-06-18-19-06-33_0ba066473b79d6e213a1f6f52505e2ee.jpg

QHD+ 120hz are my settings

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
A lot of social media crapware. I never allow that on the phone. They eat battery and have a huge potential as a security risk. If I can't access/login to a site through the browser, I don't use it.

Reactions: Prant

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 10 Pro
Phone been using for 2 weeks now first week battery was horrible getting only 3 hours of SOT per full charge and now i get around 5-6 hours per full charge with medium use(tiktok and playing Clash of Clans)
that said i notice cpu usage around 30% and gpu around 10% when in tiktok which shoudn't even get the phone hot but somehow it ends up hot and battery drains super fast is there any fix since this battery life is just like my 4 year old phone which was one of the main reasons to change

View attachment 5679343View attachment 5679345

Trust me tiktok is a massive drain. It's horrifically intrusive, yes I know it has its moments.. But it's basically spyware for China.

5-6 hours is probably totally normal.

I've got a list of things so I'll attach below ...

if you follow half of that then you'll improve your battery massively.

The first thing I'd change is QHD you honestly do not need it, even 720p would look adequate on a 6 inch screen, my nebula mars 2 pro is 720 and even at 120 inches looks like HD, so being able to see the difference between 1080p and 4K is indistinguishable.

Here's the tips.

Change 5G to 4G
Remove Facebook use web based
Remove Facebook messenger use web based
Remove Twitter use web based
Remove any ad based apps pay for the pro version
Turn off gestures like lift to wake
Change from QHD to FHD (No difference)
Allow auto brightness
Turn off WiFi overnight
Turn all updates to manual not auto (play store)
Remove any so you don't use
Change back up to once a month (WhatsApp)
Turn off location history (Google)
Use titanium to remove any system apps you don't need
Don't allow anonymous usage statistics for any app ever.
Don't allow tracking cookies on any website
Use adaway (root needed)
Don't open web pages in Google app (I use Samsung browser)
Don't use xposed.
If you game you will not get high SOT scores, period.
Don't bother with battery saving apps or monitoring apps.
Streamline your apps, if you don't use it, remove it.
Don't allow WiFi scanning (as in letting other apps use it when it's not on)
Never allow personalised ads.
Never allow notifications from websites
Always decline cookies unless your absolutely have to allow some tracking (common sense prevails here)
Optimise as many apps as possible unless it affects performance.
Don't allow apps to remain open in the notification area.
Change your launcher, my preferred launcher is lawn chair and this did actually burn up some battery when compared to the OnePlus launcher.
Don't use live widgets (yes they look cool, but they annihilate your battery)
Live wallpaper, again very cool, but battery burners.
Again! Don't charge overnight, make a note of your percentage then see what it is in the morning, you shouldn't be losing more than 5% really, if you've done well then it'll be reflected here, the good SOT results will follow.
Turn off live read outs of network speed, RAM usage in the status bar.
Turn off NFC unless in use.
Leave location on in quick settings.

Don't overcharge your phone, IE: overnight
Don't allow your phone to fully deplete the battery.

Whatever anyone says, this does 100% damage batteries, there is no argument here and I won't entertain anyone who says otherwise, Ive seen through real life tests what this results in, bloated, inefficient, possibly dangerous lithium batteries.

Keep your phone out the sun.
Keep it out of extreme cold.
Keep your device clean dust free.

Snapchat, Viber, house party, apps like that tends to use more battery as they don't have great dormancy periods.

Apps like speed test by Ookla tend to have location tracking, similarly they tend to turn themselves on and off when they feel like it, my advice, install test and uninstall.

Allow a couple of battery cycles between tweaking sets, to give you an idea of how much of a difference you've made.

Use BBS to see what is being used, once you've removed problems, remove BBS.

I've just written this from the top of my head so o probably missed some things, the general idea is to keep your device clean and fresh, remove files you don't need any more.

Keep an eye on apps that misbehave or aren't wanted, index your folders so they aren't a mess.

The more good things you do means the more potentially bad apps you can have on your phone, eg if you really need Facebook, you could keep it so long as you clean up other areas of your phone.

Good luck.

marko94

Jul 28, 2012
Zagreb
OnePlus 10 Pro
Trust me tiktok is a massive drain. It's horrifically intrusive, yes I know it has its moments.. But it's basically spyware for China.

The first thing I'd change is QHD you honestly do not need it, even 720p would look adequate on a 6 inch screen, my nebula mars 2 pro is 720 and even at 120 inches looks like HD, so being able to see the difference between 1080p and 4K is indistinguishable.

Here's the tips.

Change 5G to 4G
Allow auto brightness
Turn off WiFi overnight
Use adaway (root needed)
Don't use xposed.
Always decline cookies unless your absolutely have to allow some tracking (common sense prevails here)
Change your launcher, my preferred launcher is lawn chair and this did actually burn up some battery when compared to the OnePlus launcher.
Again! Don't charge overnight, make a note of your percentage then see what it is in the morning, you shouldn't be losing more than 5% really, if you've done well then it'll be reflected here, the good SOT results will follow.

Whatever anyone says, this does 100% damage batteries, there is no argument here and I won't entertain anyone who says otherwise, Ive seen through real life tests what this results in, bloated, inefficient, possibly dangerous lithium batteries.

Snapchat, Viber, house party, apps like that tends to use more battery as they don't have great dormancy periods.

Apps like speed test by Ookla tend to have location tracking, similarly they tend to turn themselves on and off when they feel like it, my advice, install test and uninstall.

Allow a couple of battery cycles between tweaking sets, to give you an idea of how much of a difference you've made.

I've just written this from the top of my head so o probably missed some things, the general idea is to keep your device clean and fresh, remove files you don't need any more.

Keep an eye on apps that misbehave or aren't wanted, index your folders so they aren't a mess.

The more good things you do means the more potentially bad apps you can have on your phone, eg if you really need Facebook, you could keep it so long as you clean up other areas of your phone.

Good luck.
or better, dont use your phone xD

Reactions: Wirelesss

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Here's the tips.

Change 5G to 4G
Allow auto brightness
Turn off WiFi overnight
Use adaway (root needed)
Don't use xposed.

Good luck.
Manual brightness. Keep at the minimum needed for best viewing. Keep under 50% except sometimes for vids.
As you said avoid using in direct sunlight. It kills the battery and display

Take out the trashware; no social media apps installed on the device. They are battery hogs and multiple vector security risks/holes. No.
Turn off Google Firebase.

HessNL

Here's the tips.

Change 5G to 4G
Allow auto brightness
Turn off WiFi overnight
Use adaway (root needed)
Don't use xposed.

Good luck.
Won't help hahah the drain in the night will be 0.80 but during the day it will use always doesn't matter what kind off apps you have 1.30 i don't use all that stuff even if you turn off the background activity then there software what they are making is totally crap turns it back on on the back ground but there is something in your system to turn on auto optimize but even that won't work great because the system can't optimize because there software is crap and plus remove system apps will lead to crashes why you even recommend this my 9 pro didn't even survive it on it when I delete Google apps it started to reboot constantly until i used msm and everything was okay but even when i did a downgrade it will when you just disable 1 Google app to reboot and end up in boot loop graag advice your giving here your sure you know OnePlus colorOS code based very 👌 oh wait I needed to say terrible advice

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 10 Pro
Won't help hahah the drain in the night will be 0.80 but during the day it will use always doesn't matter what kind off apps you have 1.30 i don't use all that stuff even if you turn off the background activity then there software what they are making is totally crap turns it back on on the back ground but there is something in your system to turn on auto optimize but even that won't work great because the system can't optimize because there software is crap and plus remove system apps will lead to crashes why you even recommend this my 9 pro didn't even survive it on it when I delete Google apps it started to reboot constantly until i used msm and everything was okay but even when i did a downgrade it will when you just disable 1 Google app to reboot and end up in boot loop graag advice your giving here your sure you know OnePlus colorOS code based very 👌 oh wait I needed to say terrible advice
Not sure where to begin with this, to put it plainly; You're wrong!

Doesn't matter what apps you have? That statement couldn't be more wrong, apps like Facebook, tiktok, Twitter, Snapchat, WhatsApp, they literally do what they want and more than likely have access to what they want. It's already been proven that tiktok is logging and lifting keystrokes, don't be a fool by thinking that they wouldn't do that or that you have some special degree of control, you don't..

FYI: I lose 0-1% overnight, idle during the day doesn't change unless I'm mobile in which case signal fluctuations and location spikes affect battery accordingly.

I can't decipher the rest of your message but it sounds like an angry mess.

Good luck with your future endeavours, my guess is you'll need them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

View attachment 5679343View attachment 5679345

Here's the tips.

Change 5G to 4G
    Allow auto brightness
    Turn off WiFi overnight
    Use adaway (root needed)
    Don't use xposed.

Good luck.
    Not sure where to begin with this, to put it plainly; You're wrong!

Doesn't matter what apps you have? That statement couldn't be more wrong, apps like Facebook, tiktok, Twitter, Snapchat, WhatsApp, they literally do what they want and more than likely have access to what they want. It's already been proven that tiktok is logging and lifting keystrokes, don't be a fool by thinking that they wouldn't do that or that you have some special degree of control, you don't..

FYI: I lose 0-1% overnight, idle during the day doesn't change unless I'm mobile in which case signal fluctuations and location spikes affect battery accordingly.

I can't decipher the rest of your message but it sounds like an angry mess.

Good luck with your future endeavours, my guess is you'll need them.
    Nah, just learn to use it right.. I use mine a lot and get over 10 hours SOT consistently in a single charge.

Just need to treat it right...
    A lot of social media crapware. I never allow that on the phone. They eat battery and have a huge potential as a security risk. If I can't access/login to a site through the browser, I don't use it.

Here's the tips.

Change 5G to 4G
    Allow auto brightness
    Turn off WiFi overnight
    Use adaway (root needed)
    Don't use xposed.

Good luck.