• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Phone picks up and hangs up when pulled from pocket

Search This thread

fluor

May 5, 2009
The drag up/down (accept/deny call) is really idiotic when the phone is in a pocket, where you have to pull up the phone from the pocket when you get a call. Do anybody have any solution to this problem? are there any alternatives accepting/denying calls?

zaphyr

Jun 23, 2008
Use Lockbot Pro from the market :)
You can choose from several types of locking screens, and modify them.

Word of advice: get the Pro version, it is much more stable then the free one :)

pergolesi

Jun 14, 2006
Lockbot pro, is a bit lame, it only works intermittently!
I have only tried the free version, and have no intention of trying the paid one, just on the off chance that it may work correctly!!

Surely, a developer would wish to entice someone into paying for their app, by making a trial/free version that actually works!!

What's the bloody point, in making a free app that doesn't work properly, as if I would pay for this rubbish!

HTC should have designed an unlock screen that doesn't hang up your call, simply when you take it out of your pocket, I mean, is it really to much to ask, for a device that costs this much!

It's pretty basic stuff really.... I don't want an elephants ear on a bun, I just don't want to keep hanging up on people when I take my phone out of my bloody pocket!

fluor

May 5, 2009
i also hope for a free app. i see there are a lot when i search for lock, but not sure which actually work.

for the hang up problem, a workaround is to put the phone the other way when you insert it into the pocket, so it picks up instead of hanging up when you pull it up. however it's stupid.

zaphyr

Jun 23, 2008
Lockbot pro, is a bit lame, it only works intermittently!
I have only tried the free version, and have no intention of trying the paid one, just on the off chance that it may work correctly!!

Surely, a developer would wish to entice someone into paying for their app, by making a trial/free version that actually works!!

What's the bloody point, in making a free app that doesn't work properly, as if I would pay for this rubbish!

HTC should have designed an unlock screen that doesn't hang up your call, simply when you take it out of your pocket, I mean, is it really to much to ask, for a device that costs this much!

It's pretty basic stuff really.... I don't want an elephants ear on a bun, I just don't want to keep hanging up on people when I take my phone out of my bloody pocket!

You say Lockbot Pro is lame, but have only tried the free version??
I think you mean the developer is lame if he made an unstable free version?

All I can say is that it works perfectly for me, and I can only recommend it based on my own experience.
I had a few problems with the free version, yes...but I took the chance on the Pro version anyways...after all, what's $1.99 or whatever anyway.

And, now I have a lockscreen that works as I want it :)

ZigmaDK

Dec 3, 2009
Skive
I have a workaround for you.
Put your desire in your pocket top first.
Then when you take it out of the pocket, if the screen is pressed, then "gesture" will be the opposite of what is needed to answer the call.

You will do a gesture up instead of down to answer the call. That is how I do it :D

Cyaegha

Apr 27, 2010
Pattern unlock is useless too. You still get the slide to answer/reject screen before the pattern thingy comes up.

Is there a way we can solve this with a cooked rom? I'm trying to wait for the 2.2 rom to be ready, but this problem is annoying enough to flash now I think.

Mark4p

Jun 21, 2010
Similar Problem

I have a very similar problem.. Because the vibration is so weak I often do not feel the phone go off in my pocket. Due to the warmth of my leg and moving around the phone continuously picks up by itself.

Does anyone else have this problem?

This is very annoying!!!

If I could only choose to answer calls by the hard button, it would solve it.

Last edited:

xa-mont

Jun 30, 2010
has anyone found a simple solution to this? I do put my phone in top first... but this means i am hanging up on people when i don't want to.

I want to be able to pull my phone out of my pocket and check who it is then decide what to do.