Phone Randomly Shuts Off on 4.3

Search This thread

gokuman56

Mar 19, 2010
N/A
Hey, I recently did a factory flash of 4.3 and the nexus seems to be turning off randomly, especially in the night. I missed work today because the alarm didn't ring and got there 2 hours late. Is anyone else experiencing this issue, this seems to happen often and is there a fix for it?

sandozer

Dec 16, 2012
Hey, I recently did a factory flash of 4.3 and the nexus seems to be turning off randomly, especially in the night. I missed work today because the alarm didn't ring and got there 2 hours late. Is anyone else experiencing this issue, this seems to happen often and is there a fix for it?

It has happened twice to me since I updated to 4.3 a few days ago, always during the night, so phone is off in morning, and have to hold power button as in a reset to power on. (a LONG press! ) What is going on?

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

I had Netflix installed and read elsewhere that this may be the causet, so have uninstalled Netflix to check this. My phone is absolutely stock, never been rooted.

VanquishUK

Dec 27, 2012
Im kind of getting this mine just keeps rebooting every so often. But does it when im trying to do something seems like 4.3 was a giant fail for the nexus 4 everyone seems to be having all kinds of problems.

gosku26

Mar 27, 2011
Same problem for me. I have 2 Nexus4. One of them gets frozen during the night (or after a long period of inactivity) and the next morning I have to reset it holding the power button for a while.

I don't have the Netflix app. The Nexus with this problem is not rooted, not unlocked, everything is stock. The problem came after updating to 4.3.

Toronadian

Apr 17, 2013
I updated to 4.3 yesterday via ota and I experienced this while using the phone in the evening. I don't have Netflix on the phone. Running 4.3 rooted and the hybrid .84/.33 radio. Kernel is stock.