Phone Screen Sharing App working on non-Samsung PC

Search This thread

mcallisaya

Mar 31, 2009
Hi all,

SHORT INTRO
After work a lot during this afternoon to get the exe file for my pc, I found that the Side Sync is checking the Bios records, so if you don´t have a real Samsung ATIV PC, the file doesnt work (even if installed). Anyway I have also downloaded the Phone Screen Sharing file which contains the necessary for all the process for Side Sync (copy/paste files from/to PC, full control with PC and KB, send emails, receive notificacions on screen, see videos, etc.)

REQUERIMENTS
- A Win8 PC (Some reported that Win7 is also working)
- A Samsung Galaxy Device

INSTALLING
Please follow the next guidelines to have all working:

1. Download the enclosed file and install it in your Win8 PC (so far Desktop and Laptop are working fine).
2. In the Samsung App web site, search for "Phone Screen Sharing" app and then install in your Galaxy Smartphone.
3. Run the Side Sync Phone Screen Sharing app on your smartphone.
4. Agree to the terms and conditions for the app on your smartphone.
5. NOTE (Some Galaxy devices would require a restart operation in the smartphone)
6. GENERAL RECOMMENDATION Connect the Smartphone using an original USB cable, and don´t use any USB multiport - this might generate some delay on the response of the device for some HD videos)
7. Enable USB debuggin mode on the Advanced/Developer options on your Smarthphone.
7. Start the Phone Screen Sharing installed on step 1 on your Win8 PC.
9. Probably the program will ask for updates, let it do the update. At the end of the update a screen with a mobile appearance will show on your PC.
10. Then click "Next" on the Phone-window on your WIn8 PC
11. Voila... if all is OK, then you will have the screen connected and you can use your mouse, keyboard and copy files from/to your Galaxy device.

Hope this guideline help you to have this amazing app working in you Galaxy Device.

Please don´t forget to contribute some pennies to my paypal account if this help to you... :eek: ([email protected]). Thanks!

Last edited:

justhrishi

Jan 2, 2011
Bengaluru
Phone Screen Sharing apk

Can someone share the apk for the "Phone Screen Sharing" app from the Samsung app store. My Galaxy SII (I9100) is not on the official devices but it should technically work if the apk is available right?

Last edited:

csmartly

Jun 3, 2008
Thank you for the info. It worked on my Note2 and Toshiba laptop except file sharing. Whenever I tried to transfer file from Note 2 using "share via" option and then SideSync, it says "First, conntect device to a PC".

Please help. Even I can't drag and drop from PC to phone and nothing happens and similarly from phone to PC using mouse.

Last edited:

gengt

May 28, 2009
Hi,

The installation language seems Korean or Chinese, any way to change the language? I don't know what to do with the chain_install.exe/ini file

Alfamega

Dec 19, 2010
Pinerolo
Phone screen sharing

Phone-sharing checks for updates and calls for my email address, but does not accept it .... and do not go further.
How do I skip updates?
thanks

ardicli2000

Sep 30, 2011
Thank you for the info. It worked on my Note2 and Toshiba laptop except file sharing. Whenever I tried to transfer file from Note 2 using "share via" option and then SideSync, it says "First, conntect device to a PC".

Please help. Even I can't drag and drop from PC to phone and nothing happens and similarly from phone to PC using mouse.
Would you mind sharing the apk?

TIA

Reactions: GigilinE

csmartly

Jun 3, 2008

TIA

here it is.. you need to install both, SideSync and Screen sharing. APKs for both are attached.

for those who are having problem with windows 7, first you should install USB drivers and then install Phone Screen Sharing exe. Connect your phone, DO NOT START PHONE SCREEN SHARING TILL WINDOWS INSTALL ALL THE DRIVERS.

Now open the Phone Screen sharing and also start the same on phone. Try connecting 2-3 times.

This method worked on my windows7 & 8 both. However file transferring from phone to PC still a problem.

Attachments

• com.rsupport.sec.screenshare_1.1.0.4.apk
    4.3 MB · Views: 9,084
  • com.sec.android.sidesync_1.1.apk
    3.4 MB · Views: 5,989

ardicli2000

Sep 30, 2011
here it is.. you need to install both, SideSync and Screen sharing. APKs for both are attached.

for those who are having problem with windows 7, first you should install USB drivers and then install Phone Screen Sharing exe. Connect your phone, DO NOT START PHONE SCREEN SHARING TILL WINDOWS INSTALL ALL THE DRIVERS.

Now open the Phone Screen sharing and also start the same on phone. Try connecting 2-3 times.

This method worked on my windows7 & 8 both. However file transferring from phone to PC still a problem.
Thank you very much for the files and info.

MTP or USB mode matters?

Edit: I does not. It is fantastic :)

Last edited:

richlum

Aug 9, 2010
Chiang Rai
The Phone screen sharing works for my Note 2 and Surface Pro.

I can't get the Side Sync to work though... What do I need to do on the PC to get Side Sync working?

Thanks,
Rich

psouza4

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 26, 2009
Meridian, ID
www.PeterSouza.com
I can't get the Side Sync to work though... What do I need to do on the PC to get Side Sync working?
I don't believe you can.

I installed it (had to suspend the installer at the exact midway point before it unrolled back the files) and started it and like others see, it says "This computer's model or operating system is not supported by Side Sync".

So I ran it through Process Monitor and it seems likely that it's checking for specific codecs (as evidenced by its access of WindowsCodecs.dll, DWrite.dll, etc. right before it does) that would exist on a Samsung PC. Others suggested that it's checking BIOS, but I'm not sure that's really the case.

I've attached a Process Monitor dump. If anyone wants to analyze it and try to figure out what codecs its looking for (or even if I'm on the right track), great -- I'd love to see this working, but I kind of have a feeling that it's not going to be a quick and easy workaround to get Side Sync running.

(Edit: I'm also attaching the MSInst verbose/debug log in case someone wants to work on why the installer itself fails.)

(Edit: If you need the Side Sync files as they're installed without using the MSI installer, here you go: SideSync_filesonly_1.0.2.12.zip)

Attachments

• SideSync_ProcMon_dump_psouza4.zip
    269.2 KB · Views: 1,086
  • SideSync_MSInst_log_psouza4.zip
    25.7 KB · Views: 935
Last edited:

haffid

Aug 25, 2011
Guatemala
Works great in my Galaxy S3 and windows 7 x86, thank you, enyone know where can i found more skins?
check
caputa%20screen%20sharing.PNG

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

SHORT INTRO
    After work a lot during this afternoon to get the exe file for my pc, I found that the Side Sync is checking the Bios records, so if you don´t have a real Samsung ATIV PC, the file doesnt work (even if installed). Anyway I have also downloaded the Phone Screen Sharing file which contains the necessary for all the process for Side Sync (copy/paste files from/to PC, full control with PC and KB, send emails, receive notificacions on screen, see videos, etc.)

REQUERIMENTS
    - A Win8 PC (Some reported that Win7 is also working)
    - A Samsung Galaxy Device

INSTALLING
    Please follow the next guidelines to have all working:

1. Download the enclosed file and install it in your Win8 PC (so far Desktop and Laptop are working fine).
    2. In the Samsung App web site, search for "Phone Screen Sharing" app and then install in your Galaxy Smartphone.
    3. Run the Side Sync Phone Screen Sharing app on your smartphone.
    4. Agree to the terms and conditions for the app on your smartphone.
    5. NOTE (Some Galaxy devices would require a restart operation in the smartphone)
    6. GENERAL RECOMMENDATION Connect the Smartphone using an original USB cable, and don´t use any USB multiport - this might generate some delay on the response of the device for some HD videos)
    7. Enable USB debuggin mode on the Advanced/Developer options on your Smarthphone.
    7. Start the Phone Screen Sharing installed on step 1 on your Win8 PC.
    9. Probably the program will ask for updates, let it do the update. At the end of the update a screen with a mobile appearance will show on your PC.
    10. Then click "Next" on the Phone-window on your WIn8 PC
    11. Voila... if all is OK, then you will have the screen connected and you can use your mouse, keyboard and copy files from/to your Galaxy device.

Hope this guideline help you to have this amazing app working in you Galaxy Device.

Please don´t forget to contribute some pennies to my paypal account if this help to you... :eek: ([email protected]). Thanks!

TIA

Here you have a RAR with all the content of my folder, just extract it and run the PhoneScreenSharing.exe.

Notify me if it works!

Sorry for my english, but I'm spanish, and I believe that you too, no? :p
    Doesn't work for me. Can you zip up your directory and upload it for us pretty please?

I'm not sure if your (old) version is same like mine -> Version = 1.1.0.4 (build 3)
    Maybe there're some files missing (or in different version) - i tried a lots of steps before...

Here is my PSS-Directory: View attachment PSS-1104Build3.zip
    look what I found...

Same app.. Different name http://beta.mobizen.com/en/
    Works over wi-fi and file transfer works good. Has S3 skin but no nav buttons...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone