• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Phone stuck in bootloop after updating Magisk

Search This thread

en_ha87

Jul 10, 2017
I'm running Android 10 with EvoX rom and after last update of Magisk to 21.4 the phone is stuck on bootloop. After going to recovery and uninstalling Magisk I have the same problem, it's still in bootloop. What can I do to fix the problem?

dix93

Sep 19, 2012
Same here. I don't want to do a factory reset.
I tried to:
- uninstall Magisk from twrp
- flash the boot.img of the rom
- flash the previous version 21.2 of magisk

but none of this worked! :(

Aug 30, 2019
I have the same Issue. Havoc 3.9., Magisk 21.4.
I tried to dirty flash the rom, uninstall magisk 21.4 via twrp, and flashing 21.2.
Didn't help. Occassionally I got into the system, but the screen is a bit more white than usually, I can type in my lock password, but after this, System UI fails.
Yesterday I flashed the fix for safetynet passing after the latest update, which made it work again, and I remember that at the relevant magisk forum, somebody mentioned that would affect System UI somehow. Now I am trying to repair the System UI to see if it works as a solution.

Lars0n89

Jan 18, 2021
Yesterday I flashed the fix for safetynet passing after the latest update, which made it work again, and I remember that at the relevant magisk forum, somebody mentioned that would affect System UI somehow. Now I am trying to repair the System UI to see if it works as a solution.

What fix are you talking about? Where can I acquire it?

EDIT: In my case the bootloop was caused by the Systemless Xposed Framework module v90-beta2 by rovo89 (packaged by topjohnwu). Disabling that module allowed me to boot normally.

Last edited:

SSarthak001

Jan 19, 2021
I'm running Android 10 with EvoX rom and after last update of Magisk to 21.4 the phone is stuck on bootloop. After going to recovery and uninstalling Magisk I have the same problem, it's still in bootloop. What can I do to fix the problem?
Same problem occur with me ,i just unistall 21.4 and indtal 20.4 veraion but nothing happens then i just wait for 5-10 min on bootloop screen and it starts processing it's updating my new boot image ... This thing happens when i update my miui after completing the process i finally see my homescreen 🔥🔥

dix93

Sep 19, 2012
What fix are you talking about? Where can I acquire it?

EDIT: In my case the bootloop was caused by the Systemless Xposed Framework module v90-beta2 by rovo89 (packaged by topjohnwu). Disabling that module allowed me to boot normally.

How can you install that Module from TWRP?
That i remember i never installed it, it's automatically loaded with magisk?

To solve this problem i had to format the phone, installing the OS again and also magisk v21.2. But Today i got the same problem... so maybe is not the versione of magisk. But I don't know of to solve it.

I tried also the sotck boot.img, but it stays some seconds on the boot screen of lineage OS and then reboot again stucking on Mi logo.

Last edited:

en_ha87

Jul 10, 2017
i also had to install stock rom, lost all the data on the phone. today i have to install custom rom, and will probably pass on the magisk, i don't need sh**t like this happening again.

Aug 30, 2019
I had to reinstall the rom from scratch, and needed to format data partition too. After flashing my ROM back, I installed magisk 21.2 and it works great.

AC420

Dec 7, 2021
I solved:
-go in fastboot mode
-flash twrp recovery
-go in twrp and with mtp insert magisk-uninstaller.zip and last magisk-21.4.zip
-run uninstaller.zip than installer.zip
-reboot in system
Could you help me i got into a bootloop after doing the magisk direct update from the app. My discord is : SneezeOnYou2#8507
I believe that i have a backup in twrp just dont know how to flash or uninstall or what ever to do i dont want to lose my data. I can record my screen if you add me on discord.