• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

phone stuck in bootloop

Search This thread

wael2

Jan 25, 2021
i don't know how else to describe this, i was flashing a custom ROM, then flashed magisk and now my phone is stuck in bootloop unable to go to recovery or system, the phone boots then black screen, etc etc, the same goes for recovery except it is faster (i reflashed recovery and it still happens) unable to do basically anything other than stay in fastboot mode.

what should i do?

edit 1: i can reboot to recovery and only be able to access shell.

Last edited:
Enter fastboot and flash recovery again. Brigudav's TWRP is the most used one. Gringo80's TWRP is new but seems to be working as others have written. (Both are unofficial and a take or leave, we don't have their source code, unfortunately.)

Right after flashing reboot to RECOVERY (not system). Can do with fastboot command or by holding button as usual. Alternative: reboot to recovery image file itself.

Once in recovery, format data (the option that has to type "yes" ). Reboot to RECOVERY again. Wipe cache, dalvik.

Reboot to system. Probably will work if your custom ROM was flashed properly.
Otherwise you can do everything again and also reflash ROM.

EDIT: I missed the Magisk part. So, while in recovery, dirty flash same custom ROM again. Or alternative: rename the Magisk file to uninstall.zip and flash it....this will restore your original boot and completely clean Magisk.
After you properly booting to system, then you can again try install Magisk.

Last edited:

wael2

Jan 25, 2021
why does flashing TWRP and booting to it directly work? i don't know! but it worked!

it seems that the custom ROM i installed is probably corrupt and flashed anyway ( i reflashed dirty/clean to make sure ) thanks for your help.

Reactions: wilsonhlacerda

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    why does flashing TWRP and booting to it directly work? i don't know! but it worked!

it seems that the custom ROM i installed is probably corrupt and flashed anyway ( i reflashed dirty/clean to make sure ) thanks for your help.