• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Phone stuck on EDL mode and Error firehosecheckrsp failed errno 258

Search This thread

ahmadOnePlus

Jun 3, 2021
hi, everyone , i m tring to revive my hard bricked oneplus 8 pro but without any luck i m getting "firehosecheckrsp failed errno 258" error , i tried every possible solution a did find (Drivers, Cable, USB 2 , other pc) , i m convinsed tha i shoud start search for a motherboard replacements (even that i coudnt find on the internet)
so please if anyone could help me (Phone stuck on EDL mode - recognised by pc but buttons combination doesn't work )

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Huawei Watch 2
OnePlus 8
If you're in edl mode, have you attempted to MSM back to stock?

That's about as low level as you can get, so from a recovery perspective if that doesn't work then nothing will.

Also have you tried holding all the buttons for a long time? Say 30 seconds?

Bare in mind that EDL mode will not remain on for very long, you have to have the MSM tool open and ready for the connection, then with the phone off. Connect it to pc and hold volume up and down, you'll hear the windows ding and it'll say connected on the MSM tool, then and only then click start, flashing should commence and it'll remain locked in EDL until complete.

Lastly you're in warranty so you shouldn't need to buy or replace anything.

Reactions: melmarPH

ahmadOnePlus

Jun 3, 2021

That's about as low level as you can get, so from a recovery perspective if that doesn't work then nothing will.

Bare in mind that EDL mode will not remain on for very long, you have to have the MSM tool open and ready for the connection, then with the phone off. Connect it to pc and hold volume up and down, you'll hear the windows ding and it'll say connected on the MSM tool, then and only then click start, flashing should commence and it'll remain locked in EDL until complete.

Thanks for you're replay , but the phone is always on EDL mode even if i unplug the battery (open phone) when i plug again the phone goes automatically to EDL mode and MSM tool show the phone as connected , but when i try to pass the flash, i got the 258 error

jamescable

Feb 3, 2011
Louisville
Nexus 7 (2013)
OnePlus 6T
Thanks for you're replay , but the phone is always on EDL mode even if i unplug the battery (open phone) when i plug again the phone goes automatically to EDL mode and MSM tool show the phone as connected , but when i try to pass the flash, i got the 258 error
Did you make sure you changed the target device?
Also, what model 8 pro? Are you using correct msm for that model? And it almost sounds like you aren't using correct drivers. Qualcomm USB drivers are needed

Last edited:
Reactions: dladz

gcf81

Nov 28, 2021
I have the same problem. I have a 7T but stuck with the same error firehose check rsp failed, errno:258

gcf81

Nov 28, 2021
Hey, I think you reached out to me on YouTube. Do you know for sure which model of OnePlus 7T you have? There are two common versions in North America HD1907 (T-Mobile) and HD1905 (international unlocked)
Hey Nick, thanks for responding. It was bought unlocked North America version but then ATT customer support went into the phone while trying to fix something and I think they locked it right before it crashed.

Hey Nick, thanks for responding. It was bought unlocked North America version but then ATT customer support went into the phone while trying to fix something and I think they locked it right before it crashed.
Looking around, the North America version should be running international firmware (HD1905):

I presume that you're using this MSM tool - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...l-to-restore-your-device-to-oxygenos.3994835/

Did you try all of the steps suggested by OP, yet?
  1. Install drivers
  2. Change to factory cable
  3. Different USB port
  4. Different Windows computer?
The only thread I could find where this problem was solved was on the OnePlus forum. The user completely removed and reinstalled the Qualcomm drivers (a different PC should handle that) - https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/solved-closed-trying-to-unbrick-op5t.956810/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Did you make sure you changed the target device?
    Also, what model 8 pro? Are you using correct msm for that model? And it almost sounds like you aren't using correct drivers. Qualcomm USB drivers are needed
    I have the same problem. I have a 7T but stuck with the same error firehose check rsp failed, errno:258
    Hey, I think you reached out to me on YouTube. Do you know for sure which model of OnePlus 7T you have? There are two common versions in North America HD1907 (T-Mobile) and HD1905 (international unlocked)