• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Phones4u told to stop selling by HTC

Search This thread

mhbr12742

May 25, 2007
I called Clove to find out why phones4u were selling sim free phones and they weren't, this is their response.

Mike

We too have heard this over the weekend.

The response from HTC is that this was an error and all stock was not to be sold until the 29th March

We understand from HTC that Phone4u are no longer shipping HTC ONE

Our first stock (physical stock) is due on the 29th

We are very frustrated that a small qty of stock appears to have actually landed in Phones4U and shipped

Clove Sales Team
Clove Technology
www.clove.co.uk
Tel : +44(0)1202 552936

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Apr 2, 2010
Doncaster
I called Clove to find out why phones4u were selling sim free phones and they weren't, this is their response.

Mike

The response from HTC is that this was an error and all stock was not to be sold until the 29th March

We are very frustrated that a small qty of stock appears to have actually landed in Phones4U and shipped

Clove Sales Team
Clove Technology
www.clove.co.uk

I have just had a live chat with Phones4U and was told they still had stock and would be delivered the next working day. I have already ordered with them and he confirmed I should get a delivery email today.

I hope they are right and Clove are just trying to get your business.

omersak

Oct 15, 2010

Mike

Clove Sales Team
Clove Technology
www.clove.co.uk

They should confiscate the remaining stock and send it over to Handtec :D

daleski75

Jul 21, 2008
Northampton
Xiaomi Mi 11
Realme GT
Quick chat session with p4u who said my phone is in the warehouse awaiting to be dispatched so if they are telling the truth I should have an email from p4u later on today confirming that.

Also if they get told to stop selling them surely thats worse for HTC???

mhbr12742

May 25, 2007
I think they will sell their current stock, just miffed and so is Clove.
What is the point of having a release date if you are not going to stick to it.

I understand why they start getting stock in early but it's naughty to start selling when your competition are not allowed too.

djbenny1

Apr 9, 2011
Quick chat session with p4u who said my phone is in the warehouse awaiting to be dispatched so if they are telling the truth I should have an email from p4u later on today confirming that.

Also if they get told to stop selling them surely thats worse for HTC???
i have the same email - the one before dispatch

i have not received dispatch confirmation so i called up and they told me there is no stock now :'(

jonstatt

Mar 17, 2008
Sorry but Clove are talking BS. They are upset they didn't get priority stock and are trying to justify it by saying P4U did something wrong. The fact is HTC didn't make as many as hoped. We believe this due to be a shortage of certain components. They decided to release the stock they did have, and for whatever reason we will never know, decided instead of spreading it thinly to many suppliers, gave all the stock to P4U (and some locked stock to 3 and Vodafone). I am sure it is completely up to P4U whether they are using that stock for contracts or handset only.

Reactions: mhbr12742

Narom88

Mar 1, 2013
The north!
I thinking that P4U have this first because they a HTC Partner in UK .

Exactly! HTC actually sub contract the handing on the phones sold on their website to a company that is part of the wider company that owns Phones4U.

TBH, before last week i'd never heard of half these websites people were buying phones from. God knows why people are buying it sim free from anyone but Phones4u, it has been and still is the cheapest place around.

irvan90

Nov 24, 2011
Paramaribo
Exactly! HTC actually sub contract the handing on the phones sold on their website to a company that is part of the wider company that owns Phones4U.
TBH, before last week i'd never heard of half these websites people were buying phones from. God knows why people are buying it sim free from anyone but Phones4u, it has been and still is the cheapest place around.

What about people who dont live in the uk? which site is the best option? cause P4U doesnt ship internationally

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry but Clove are talking BS. They are upset they didn't get priority stock and are trying to justify it by saying P4U did something wrong. The fact is HTC didn't make as many as hoped. We believe this due to be a shortage of certain components. They decided to release the stock they did have, and for whatever reason we will never know, decided instead of spreading it thinly to many suppliers, gave all the stock to P4U (and some locked stock to 3 and Vodafone). I am sure it is completely up to P4U whether they are using that stock for contracts or handset only.
    What about people who dont live in the uk? which site is the best option? cause P4U doesnt ship internationally

myukmailbox . com

Sorry cant post links yet ;) I'm a newbie. Used this site placed an order sunday. P4U ships it to my uk adress provided by myukmailbox, and then they use DHL to ship express over to me in Norway.
    I ordered around 2pm today. And got this email around at 22:17
    " Congratulations, your brand new mobile phone package will be despatched this evening by Royal Mail Special delivery, who will deliver the next working day to the following address: "
    By the way its a sim free deal.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2