Photo quality

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Say "cheese", then rate this thread to express how photos taken with the OnePlus 2 come out. A higher rating indicates that photos offer rich color (without over-saturating), sharp detail (with all subjects in-focus), and appropriate exposure (with even lighting).

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

roamermak

Jun 29, 2013
New Delhi
Coming from the Samsung Galaxy S Duos, the camera of Oneplus Two has amazed me a lot. I compared it with Samsung Galaxy S5 & S6 and it stood out very well to S6,while it totally outclassed the S5.(This comparison was done at night) . The Oneplus Two captures real life colors and the details are awesome. The trees shots are sometimes kind of very green and like oil painting but it's great. Video may be improved a lot. OIS & LAF works very well. Overall, an outstanding camera but could be improved a lot better with software tweaks. Thanks.

jonathan1538

Sep 30, 2015
I have both OnePlus one and OnePlus 2 . Both cameras have the same megapixels. From my observation, OnePlus 2 is a lot better. Not much grain in low light, more texture, and more saturation.

Kirahvi

Nov 23, 2013
I think that opt stock camera adds too much sharpness to the pictures. Take a picture of something with straight lines and zoom in on the picture. The lines are over-sharp but that's just my opinion. If you don't zoom the pictures look great.

manohar3787

Jul 23, 2011
photos in outdoor are just amazing , like @Kirahvi mentions there was quite a bit of sharpness back then , now i think that has been dealth with .

brainscollector

Apr 2, 2013
Hdr mode completely sucks, once it works another time it don't. BUT, after turning on raw and taking photos in normal mode or manual it is just.. amazing. First time when I took selfie with main camera my jaw dropped when I saw all the details of the skin, it looks like taking glimpse through magnifying glass. First camera app that I can set iso 100 and it will handle shutter speed itself which is awesome. Camera itself gave me though that money was very well spent on that phone and decision of selling my camera and Nexus 5 in exchange was a great deal, it has even more that those two had to offer.

Reactions: bannab

Artemis

May 11, 2013
chennai
Say "cheese", then rate this thread to express how photos taken with the OnePlus 2 come out. A higher rating indicates that photos offer rich color (without over-saturating), sharp detail (with all subjects in-focus), and appropriate exposure (with even lighting).

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Photo quality dropped significantly after flashing CM13 on my opt.

toasttOn

Jan 1, 2017
The best results in therms of photography can be achieved by installing OOs camera libraries. You can find it at XDA forums.

GUARDIANBD

May 20, 2010
Bat yam
OPPO Find X5 Pro
With mine i experiencing photo smearing while using HDR \ HQ mode.
lot of quality loss... mine is the A2001.
Is there any differences between the A2001 -3-5 in terms of camera quality?

Riichard63

Jan 23, 2013
In fact this device camera is just ****ty because of Oneplus Software.
Theorically it just should be fine, but since OOS 3.x they just destroyed quality...

And it's just stupid to have manual control with stock camera...

Edit : My old Mi4 was a bit better.
Something weird with this device is that there are some artifacts on long exposure shots with specific ISO.
Just check this picture :
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/929229IMG20170409005217.jpg
And hum still don't mention, OIS has to be disabled (by build.prop edition, as there is not setting to do so...) in oder to do long exposure shots. If you don't do so you get blurry pictures as OIS tried to compensate accelerometer background noise...

Last edited:
Reactions: arundasbilaspur

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think that my photos can speak for themselves :)
    https://goo.gl/photos/fyDqt3g5Z5xpukhj9
    Hdr mode completely sucks, once it works another time it don't. BUT, after turning on raw and taking photos in normal mode or manual it is just.. amazing. First time when I took selfie with main camera my jaw dropped when I saw all the details of the skin, it looks like taking glimpse through magnifying glass. First camera app that I can set iso 100 and it will handle shutter speed itself which is awesome. Camera itself gave me though that money was very well spent on that phone and decision of selling my camera and Nexus 5 in exchange was a great deal, it has even more that those two had to offer.
    Yes ;) open beta 9

Wysłane z mojego ONEPLUS A3003 przy użyciu Tapatalka
    In fact this device camera is just ****ty because of Oneplus Software.
    Theorically it just should be fine, but since OOS 3.x they just destroyed quality...

And it's just stupid to have manual control with stock camera...

Edit : My old Mi4 was a bit better.
    Something weird with this device is that there are some artifacts on long exposure shots with specific ISO.
    Just check this picture :
    http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/929229IMG20170409005217.jpg
    And hum still don't mention, OIS has to be disabled (by build.prop edition, as there is not setting to do so...) in oder to do long exposure shots. If you don't do so you get blurry pictures as OIS tried to compensate accelerometer background noise...
    Is HAL3 roms provide a real benefit
    If so, which is the best