Photo quality

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Say "cheese", then rate this thread to express how photos taken with the OnePlus 3 come out. A higher rating indicates that photos offer rich color (without over-saturating), sharp detail (with all subjects in-focus), and appropriate exposure (with even lighting).

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Reactions: sstruke

maamiradina

Feb 6, 2014
Peshawar
Say "cheese", then rate this thread to express how photos taken with the OnePlus 3 come out. A higher rating indicates that photos offer rich color (without over-saturating), sharp detail (with all subjects in-focus), and appropriate exposure (with even lighting).

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
can you post some sample screenshots of camera here?

Reactions: blackieprincess

taphius

Jan 5, 2010
So far medium to high brightness takes excellent photos. I am finding HD much more appealing than HDR in most situations. In low light HD or manual mode must be used to get an acceptable photo. HD works very well in a single 13w(cfl) light illuminates room (low bedroom light level).

Soft fine grain present in photo, but it is not distracting and plenty of detail left.

mDaniel

Jul 6, 2008
Camera seems to be very compareable to my 6S Plus. In low light the iPhone does a slightly better job, in good lighting the 1+3.
The stabilisation for video is much better in the iPhone.

Reactions: blackieprincess

lumx

Apr 30, 2012
I am using Camera FV-5 and Cinema FV-5. So far no problems with them. Also to my eyes they seem to have better image quality.

aljowen

Jun 1, 2013
When looking at photos other people have taken with the OP3 it often looks like they have a watercolour filter on them when you zoom in due to the image processing, but some other images don't. Is anyone who has the device able to explain this?
Thanks

remydlc

Nov 15, 2011
Ashburn
After testing the OP3 and my 6P, the SD820 could be a beast, but man the pics on the 6P are much much better, specially in a low light environment AKA where most pictures happen AKA in your house. I cant say i am dissapointed, its pics are good in daytime and average in low light for a "$400 phone". But not sure I am going to keep it. So if you are planning on dumping your Galaxy, 6P or iphone for this phone, you might want to wait for another one if the camera is that important to you.

Hope this helps someone.