Photo quality

subashchandran

Feb 15, 2011
Seattle
Here's my take on the camera and photo quality.
Op3 trends to take detail rich sharp images, but the camera post processing is not overdone as in Xperia/TouchWiz cameras. So it's a bit less saturated, a tad softer, and generally a stop underexposed sometimes.

I was able to get details out of shadows if needed in post processing (Snapseed)

Some images I liked so far, taken on Op3

Note: that steps picture I used a filter, rest of them I used some basic ambience and detail boost on Snapseed. I have not seen any artifacts or loss of quality/detail.

Attachments

Last edited:

tammazz

Jan 28, 2011
After testing the OP3 and my 6P, the SD820 could be a beast, but man the pics on the 6P are much much better, specially in a low light environment AKA where most pictures happen AKA in your house. I cant say i am dissapointed, its pics are good in daytime and average in low light for a "$400 phone". But not sure I am going to keep it. So if you are planning on dumping your Galaxy, 6P or iphone for this phone, you might want to wait for another one if the camera is that important to you.

Hope this helps someone.
You are certainly right, but under artificial light (in the evening in a close place usually where most picture happen xD) isn't so bad, the noise is most visible in low day light in closed space, but substantially none in low artificial light
https://goo.gl/photos/bsHb5RKb2V5JSa6g6

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Some other pictures take now

tammazz

Jan 28, 2011
Here are my pics, i added the ones from the 6p for comparison.

https://goo.gl/photos/jt2ST6ZdReH92xfX6

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Ok, i don't know which are made with op3 instead 6p,the only 4 i'm sure is in the bathroom.. It's seems pretty similar to me, seem noise while zoom.. The lastest you do in manual? It's seems much bright than the others. @ least the others photos seems to me exactly the same resolution (@ max zoom).. Rly, probably i'm not an expert (without probably xD), but can't find consistent difference in your shot.. Thank you to the pictures in comparison! I believe a lot more in people instead the reviewers :)

remydlc

Nov 15, 2011
Ashburn
Ok, i don't know which are made with op3 instead 6p,the only 4 i'm sure is in the bathroom.. It's seems pretty similar to me, seem noise while zoom.. The lastest you do in manual? It's seems much bright than the others. @ least the others photos seems to me exactly the same resolution (@ max zoom).. Rly, probably i'm not an expert (without probably xD), but can't find consistent difference in your shot.. Thank you to the pictures in comparison! I believe a lot more in people instead the reviewers :)

One i took from the 6P in regular mode, for the other HDR+ was turned on, which is the default. It gives you a way better picture. Same as the night shot to the speed sign. One with the 6p normal, another with HDR+ and then with the OP3.

EDIT: in the bathroom I took a manual shot with the OP3!!! thats why you see it with more light!

IMO, there are more details with the 6P, despite the fact that it has less MP. That is for day and night time pictures. But make no mistake, the OP3 is not a let down. If you guys want, I can take few more pics, i also have the iphone i6 plus (not the S, my wife has the S plus but she is not here).

Last edited:

tammazz

Jan 28, 2011
One i took from the 6P in regular mode, for the other HDR+ was turned on, which is the default. It gives you a way better picture. Same as the night shot to the speed sign. One with the 6p normal, another with HDR+ and then with the OP3.

EDIT: in the bathroom I took a manual shot with the OP3!!! thats why you see it with more light!

IMO, there are more details with the 6P, despite the fact that it has less MP. That is for day and night time pictures. But make no mistake, the OP3 is not a let down. If you guys want, I can take few more pics, i also have the iphone i6 plus (not the S, my wife has the S plus but she is not here).
Yeah, i was really afraid of the camera about this phone (coming from htc m8, and opo), and it takes really good pics for what i need, sure oneplus could spend something more for a bigger size pixels, it would been a really flagship killer xD

EP2008

Jan 2, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
While I'm still trying to get used to how the OP3 takes photos, I'm loving the results so far!

Not all of these were from the stock camera app, but I'm glad we have options ?

Taken at Canada's Wonderland on July 1st, 2016.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000

EP2008

Jan 2, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
nice Wonderland pics, just ordered mine on Friday (in Canada as well) - curious, how long did it take from the day you ordered to receive it in Canada?
I got it less than a week. Ordered during the VR launch.

Fortunately, Amazon Canada now ships cases.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Photo from today. Unedited.

FYI: this was taken while my OP3 was in a plastic waterproof "ziploc"-style case.