Photo quality

Search This thread

belveder69

Nov 2, 2010
Adelaide
I have tried my hardest but just can't like this camera. Outdoor shots are ok, but I like taking phontos of animals and my aquariums, and photo'ss on the Pro 9 are never clear. Will be going back to Samsung after my contract

felipy2k

Mar 30, 2018
The camera quality is a random shoot .... the front camera is aways overexposed! i was reading ppl from P20 Pro and Mate 20 Pro complaining about the same thing! Seems that Huawei dev are really bad ... probably will be my first and lat Huawei Phone!

Matthew700

Oct 7, 2014
İ think Huawei has no intention to fix this issue because they dont think this is an issue. But if they release a phone to other regions, it should be the adjusted to what that region demands. They don't listen to us, not gonna fix i think. But in good light conditions, it becomes beast.
For me, still emui8 and i am uses gcam to take selfie or photo of people. It gives much detailed pictures

This is my album. You guys can check it and it may gives some idea.

Me podrias pasar Gcam o el link,? tengo una pero hay que ajustar colores etc y cada escenarios es distinto y sresulta dificil hacerlo. Tengo Android Pie y no logro volver a Oreo.

mike_8

Jan 20, 2019
Hello,
I recently got a new Mate 10 Pro. I tested the camera and I think that the photos looks ok, but the video quality is not as good. The videos in 4K look ok, but in 1080p/30fps and 1080p/60fps the videos look bad.
I updated the phone to Android 9 and EMUI 9 before I shoot the photos and the videos, so I don't know the quality before the update.
Another problem is that I cannot find the video stabilization ON/OFF setting.
I also saw that sometimes the autofocus is not properly working when shooting videos.
Are there any problems regarding the update ar my phone is broken ?

Last edited:

baltobalto

Feb 18, 2009
Hello,
I recently got a new Mate 10 Pro. I tested the camera and I think that the photos looks ok, but the video quality is not as good. The videos in 4K look ok, but in 1080p/30fps and 1080p/60fps the videos look bad.
I updated the phone to Android 9 and EMUI 9 before I shoot the photos and the videos, so I don't know the quality before the update.
Another problem is that I cannot find the video stabilization ON/OFF setting.
I also saw that sometimes the autofocus is not properly working when shooting videos.
Are there any problems regarding the update ar my phone is broken ?

Your phone is fine. The video is a nightmare unfortunately...

phonistic02

Jun 8, 2018
9.226, where can I activate the raw photos or is it activated? Can't find them when I take photo

Last edited:

phonistic02

Jun 8, 2018
I used to use night mode to have more dynamic range in daytime, sunset or sunrise times but i am currently 9.0.226 and when i try to use night mode in daytime, it just blows up the highlights to diminish shadows. I tried to fix focus and exposure than took photo but the result was always same. What can i do or is there way to fix this?

Warren_Orange

Jun 2, 2011
Do you guys think it's worth it to upgrade my p9 plus to a mate 10 pro to improve picture quality? The upgrade will cost me £100. I will sell my p9 and buy a second hand mate 10 pro.

I'm riding across France in the summer and I want a better shooter for the trip. Plus the better battery of the mate 10 pro will be a bonus.

Hildr

May 2, 2017
I would not go for a mate 10 pro to get an improvment on photo. Photos are over sharpened, watercolored, really heavy processed. Mate 9 is better for my taste. I'm looking to change my phone only because of the camera that I really don't like on mate 10 pro. Everything else is really good. But not the camera. Raws have a strong vignet effect.

Reactions: Warren_Orange

Warren_Orange

Jun 2, 2011
Interesting thanks.

I'm somewhat surprised as the DX0 website rated it so highly but I had heard about over sharpening on other reviews.

The pixel 2 XL is on offer at a major high Street retailer near me and I'm very tempted.

exaflare

Apr 14, 2013
Makati
wsmc90.jpg

Taken june 1, 2019 @ Boracay Philippines

Mate 10 pro
Drop shadow frame via Photoeditor & custom made watermark

Top Liked Posts