Photo quality

Search This thread

Ibrahim17

Aug 13, 2016
Hello everyone,

has anyone tested xiaomi's night mode on Mi 8? would you mind posting opinions/critique/handheld samples?

Thanks.
Hello the night mode is good but depending the situation, sometimes is much darker than brighter.
But is not fine than night mode on my P10 for example or others Huawei.
It could be better with a update IMG_20181227_190315.jpeg

Envoyé de mon MI 8 en utilisant Tapatalk

belk

Jul 22, 2006
it's quite good

especially for the price, the mi 8 camera is quite good, comparable to iphone 8 at least. see attached photo I took, no filter

Attachments

• IMG_20181222_153918.jpg
    IMG_20181222_153918.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 1,299

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've done a comparison between the Xiaomi MI8 & Huawei P20 Pro

Settings all AUTO and just Point and Shoot, both AI features were enabled.
    For my opinion the Xiaomi MI8 takes more color-realistic images even in the sky on sunset Xiaomis color is more accurate than Huawei's unrealistic "sunset overdrive"

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zmvYbnuxSZvsnhVAA
    it's quite good

especially for the price, the mi 8 camera is quite good, comparable to iphone 8 at least. see attached photo I took, no filter
    Mi 8 2x zoom by Kin Ho, on Flickr

Top is unprocessed.

It is very sharp when taking landscapes including the zoom lens. The main problem I have is that it is too slow, unresponsive, there's at least a second wait before you can take the next picture. Photo options including the manual options are also lacking compared with a Samsung phone.
    Im not so satisfied with photo quality. My old HTC 10 did better pictures like the Mi8. I hope they can fix the Camera, cos the sensor should make better shots.

On which Rom you are? If ure using the original global rom then the camera is pretty bad. Just use the xiaomi.eu rom and the Camera will be much better. Thats cause the xiaomi.eu rom is using the camera files from the china rom. DxOMark was also using the china rom for the tests and also with a much better result then on the original global rom. Just try it and you will see the difference. I am pretty statisfied with the quality of the photos. Before I've got an HTC U11 this also took pretty great pics but not as great as the Mi 8.

Here's the link for the xiaomi.eu Rom.