Photo quality

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Say "cheese", then rate this thread to express how photos taken with the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE come out. A higher rating indicates that photos offer rich color (without over-saturating), sharp detail (with all subjects in-focus), and appropriate exposure (with even lighting).

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Reactions: applesumon

daniyal62

Nov 15, 2013
i made a comparison between Mi 8 And Mi 9 se Camera
it,s obvious that mi 9 se have better camera either main camera or zoom lens
mi9 se ultra-wide lens is not that good but i think it gets better with software improvement and when google camera will be available for ultra wide lens
all photos taken with AI on and HDR off
HDR in Mi 9 se make photos worse but i guess it should get fixed in the future update
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1X7tT1T1Y3y2qNVZ4puKrPMKgIRjtFOHi?usp=sharing

Leyous

May 25, 2018
mi9 se ultra-wide lens is not that good but i think it gets better with software improvement and when google camera will be available for ultra wide lens
HDR in Mi 9 se make photos worse but i guess it should get fixed in the future update
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1X7tT1T1Y3y2qNVZ4puKrPMKgIRjtFOHi?usp=sharing

Hi daniyal62, have you tried GCam on Mi9 SE? I'm thinking of buying it but I have some doubts about the quality of the camera (I now have a Nexus 6P which does great shots in any condition) and judging by your shots it could improve with the GCam.

daniyal62

Nov 15, 2013
Hi daniyal62, have you tried GCam on Mi9 SE? I'm thinking of buying it but I have some doubts about the quality of the camera (I now have a Nexus 6P which does great shots in any condition) and judging by your shots it could improve with the GCam.
hello i am very satisfied with the image quality yes i have gcam but i rarely use it because stock app most of the time take better image than gcam

Reactions: Leyous

peruneph

Jun 7, 2019
I have Mi 9 SE since it became available in EU, April. There are some small things which bother me. One of them is camera. I tried latest gcam but it crashes and can't be used normally. I found that camera is worst in artificial lighting conditions. Both, main and selfie camera.

I visited Samsung brand store last week and tried to make selfies with almost all of their latest models. What surprised me is that selfies were better also on low budget Samsung phones compared to those I made with my Mi 9 SE in the same room under the same conditions. Room has lights on the ceiling and that was the biggest problem for Mi 9 SE - photos were foggy. Unfortunately I didn't save photos to show you examples.

The same problem occurred with main camera. I have one photo made by my phone, even Night mode was enabled while making that photo. You can see what I'm complaining about: drive.google.com/open?id=1-VvaDb8AQHGUKa5DVWNdEq3AfUsLkkSU

How does your phones act? Is there way to fix that problem?

Androidzor

Jul 6, 2016
1H89swV.png

I would not buy this phone if Gcam did not exist.
With Gcam this phone takes at least better pics than iPhone X.
Also it really depends which Gcam you use and which settings you prefer.

Reactions: Rustrobski

vinz_uk80

Jan 7, 2015
Lille
1H89swV.png

Indeed, with the Urnyx 7.3 Gcam and the bufferfix flashed in TWRP, the results are much better than Stock Xiaomi Camera.
Google really makes wonders at treating the picture quality, whereas Xiaomi sucks at it, no details in the pics, strange colors and white balance. The hardware is good but poorly used.
The results would even be better with EIS, but for a 300€ phone, the results are already pretty good with Gcam :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Say "cheese", then rate this thread to express how photos taken with the Xiaomi Mi 9 SE come out. A higher rating indicates that photos offer rich color (without over-saturating), sharp detail (with all subjects in-focus), and appropriate exposure (with even lighting).

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
    here is more camera sample:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Md8fHTcW0IAvC-NdmDaU2__-rMBJ6loT?usp=sharing

one thing that i don't understand is that zoom lens is 8 MP but image output is 12 MP!!
    hello i am very satisfied with the image quality yes i have gcam but i rarely use it because stock app most of the time take better image than gcam
    1H89swV.png