Photo quality

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Say "cheese", then rate this thread to express how photos taken with the Google Pixel 3a come out. A higher rating indicates that photos offer rich color (without over-saturating), sharp detail (with all subjects in-focus), and appropriate exposure (with even lighting).

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

PGHammer

Jul 10, 2015
Accokeek,MD
Say "cheese", then rate this thread to express how photos taken with the Google Pixel 3a come out. A higher rating indicates that photos offer rich color (without over-saturating), sharp detail (with all subjects in-focus), and appropriate exposure (with even lighting).

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!
Pixels in general take the best pictures out there - and I am not just referring to my 3a. Mom has a refurbished Original Pixel; the only difference is she did not follow me to dark mode. I updated to 7.1 Camera app today; she will follow tomorrow because she is even pickier about pictures than I am. (She is not used to having a top tier camera in her phone any more than I am; the reality that - as long as our Camera apps match, our pictures will, is a decided boggle factor.)

sic0048

Jun 25, 2010
Is it me or did the quality go down a bit since the 2 last camera app updates?

The last camera update was nearly two months ago. I just wanted to check to make sure you are referring to actual camera updates, and not the monthly OS updates.

Personally I have not seen any difference.

Tomar777

Nov 10, 2016
Google Pixel 3a
The last camera update was nearly two months ago. I just wanted to check to make sure you are referring to actual camera updates, and not the monthly OS updates.

Personally I have not seen any difference.

Yes i mean camera updates, from 7.1 to 7.3... feels like there's more noise in low light/difficult scenes....
Its not noticeable on the phone, but on pc edit, i also saw a few people complaining for it in Reddit.
Maybe its just my idea... thanks for your answer.

sainiridu

Feb 11, 2019
Here is an astro shot(slightly edited).See on full brightness.

Attachments

• IMG_20200427_221636.jpg
    IMG_20200427_221636.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 647

Tomar777

Nov 10, 2016
Google Pixel 3a
the only thing that annoys me is the white balance some times at lower light situations...
I also detect more noise in shadows on difficult scenes f.e portrait with sunset backgound.