Photo quality

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Say "cheese", then rate this thread to express how photos taken with the OPPO Reno 10x Zoom come out. A higher rating indicates that photos offer rich color (without over-saturating), sharp detail (with all subjects in-focus), and appropriate exposure (with even lighting).

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

Itsmyclickyaar

Jun 17, 2020
Image/Photo quality

Oppo reno10x zoom
Camera
Image quality not good.....
Dynamic range is not good
No sharpness in images
Oppo Reno 10x zoom dont have metering mode in camera settings...
Artificial Intelligence is of no use...
Dear #oppo team stop cheating your customers....

Bad camera.......

sathish531

Sep 6, 2020
Great Camera Hardware, still needs improvements in image processing

Reno 10x got a very good hardware in its camera department. The photos are also good and feels nice. However the images needs better processing, especially the HDR shots. Thank you.

Neo XL

Feb 24, 2006
Kassel
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom
My last phone was the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro with a very good camera. Now i´ve bought The Reno 10x and in comparison the photos with the 10x are in the most situations muchg better than Xiaomis photos. Especially the zoom function is more effective. I´m very satisfied with this device. Photos are sharp, many details, with Color OS 7.1 i can use the zoom function also in video mode - with Xiaomi this is a big problem. And the device offers 5G and a much faster processor than Xiaomis model.

Nubiax189

Sep 28, 2021
Photo quality is it's quite good considering it's price tag. If you compare this smartphone to the typical samsung, iphone, huawei flagships of course you may conclude that the camera is not good at all.

Color tones are inclined to "natural", not like Samsung cameras that tends to make over saturated photos.

Main camera:
Lacks a bit of detail and color deph. At 48mp mode detail improves but zoom, hdr, color dazzle options are nulled.

Night mode gives vivid colors but are blurry. To countermeasure this issue I use Gcam or "Manual mode" in the default cam (long exposure at 100 ISO).

Telephoto lens:
Photos zoomed up until 4.9x are digitally zoomed. Then optical 5x zoom kicks in. Zooming higher than 5x makes blurry grainy photos. For this reason I only use 1~2x or 5x. Colors lack a saturation but can be improved with "hdr" and "dazzle color". Or by using Gcam.

Wide lens:
Makes photos with noticeable color aberrations lacking even more detail than main lens, but still makes much better photos than using these cheap attachable wide lens.

Macro:
Strangely the wide lens is suggested for macro but I think the main lens is more suitable due to higher image detail. Closest focus distance of main lens is approximately 8cm so you cannot take very close-up photos. But by buying these cheap small attachable lens you can make good macro photos.

Coming from a single lens smartphone, I'm very happy with the Oppo Reno 10x zoom as it can cover almost all camera modes. Zoom, ultra-wide, macro (by using attachable lens), manual mode, RAW(Gcam), astrophotography(Gcam), 4k 60fps, etc. I'm only disappointed at how sometimes the images lacks deepness.

Last edited:
Reactions: thanioan1981

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My last phone was the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro with a very good camera. Now i´ve bought The Reno 10x and in comparison the photos with the 10x are in the most situations muchg better than Xiaomis photos. Especially the zoom function is more effective. I´m very satisfied with this device. Photos are sharp, many details, with Color OS 7.1 i can use the zoom function also in video mode - with Xiaomi this is a big problem. And the device offers 5G and a much faster processor than Xiaomis model.
    Photo quality is it's quite good considering it's price tag. If you compare this smartphone to the typical samsung, iphone, huawei flagships of course you may conclude that the camera is not good at all.

Color tones are inclined to "natural", not like Samsung cameras that tends to make over saturated photos.

Main camera:
    Lacks a bit of detail and color deph. At 48mp mode detail improves but zoom, hdr, color dazzle options are nulled.

Night mode gives vivid colors but are blurry. To countermeasure this issue I use Gcam or "Manual mode" in the default cam (long exposure at 100 ISO).

Telephoto lens:
    Photos zoomed up until 4.9x are digitally zoomed. Then optical 5x zoom kicks in. Zooming higher than 5x makes blurry grainy photos. For this reason I only use 1~2x or 5x. Colors lack a saturation but can be improved with "hdr" and "dazzle color". Or by using Gcam.

Wide lens:
    Makes photos with noticeable color aberrations lacking even more detail than main lens, but still makes much better photos than using these cheap attachable wide lens.

Macro:
    Strangely the wide lens is suggested for macro but I think the main lens is more suitable due to higher image detail. Closest focus distance of main lens is approximately 8cm so you cannot take very close-up photos. But by buying these cheap small attachable lens you can make good macro photos.

Coming from a single lens smartphone, I'm very happy with the Oppo Reno 10x zoom as it can cover almost all camera modes. Zoom, ultra-wide, macro (by using attachable lens), manual mode, RAW(Gcam), astrophotography(Gcam), 4k 60fps, etc. I'm only disappointed at how sometimes the images lacks deepness.