Photo quality

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Say "cheese", then rate this thread to express how photos taken with the Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro come out. A higher rating indicates that photos offer rich color (without over-saturating), sharp detail (with all subjects in-focus), and appropriate exposure (with even lighting).

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

freeDom21

May 8, 2011
Interested in switching to Mi 10T Pro from Mi Note 10. Only for better CPU (Filming in FilmicPro/Mcpro24fps and taking photos in gcam - cause for Note 10 it's so slow..)
After going through all available samples, I've noticed that it seems that lens quality is worse than Mi Note 10 / regular Mi 10 5G.
Anybody had experienced this then having a chance to compare these devices?
How it works in gcam - using main and ultrawide?

d3smond

Aug 8, 2020
Has anyone else noticed ghosting when taking pictures of text?

I took pictures of another Xiaomi phone yesterday and there was ghosting on the letters.
See samples below.

About phone screen:
RMduKo8.jpg

The sticker on the back of the phone:
mpKXpeP.jpg

The colors of the MIUI 12 logo in About phone screen are dull with stock camera app.
With Gcam it's better.

h2pwSV7.png

Maybe there is some setting I need to change?

LightSmok

Nov 13, 2020
Kyiv
Has anyone else noticed ghosting when taking pictures of text?

I took pictures of another Xiaomi phone yesterday and there was ghosting on the letters.
See samples below.

About phone screen:
RMduKo8.jpg

The sticker on the back of the phone:
mpKXpeP.jpg

The colors of the MIUI 12 logo in About phone screen are dull with stock camera app.
With Gcam it's better.

h2pwSV7.png

Maybe there is some setting I need to change?

I have the same issue, tried with a friend MI 10 phone and it doesn't have this.
A software issue? taking a picture while the phone and object are static the ghosting is reduced in the center but more prominent in the periphery

freeDom21

May 8, 2011
Hi!
Anybody has used the attaching clip lens from Ulanzi or other brands?
I'm concerned about anamorphic lens from Ulanzi used to Mi 10T Pro. Switching from other phone, thinking if current lens would work on it - because of the huge camera bump, it could not fit in same "plane" and the view could be distorted. Anybody tried attachable clip lens on this phone?

Milica84

Dec 4, 2020
Hi!
Anybody has used the attaching clip lens from Ulanzi or other brands?
I'm concerned about anamorphic lens from Ulanzi used to Mi 10T Pro. Switching from other phone, thinking if current lens would work on it - because of the huge camera bump, it could not fit in same "plane" and the view could be distorted. Anybody tried attachable clip lens on this phone?

Also wondering this... Especially since the clip-on lenses have usually a small hole on the base - I don't think Apexel lenses would work for example... Anybody tested?

I've been comparing the low light shots from the 108mp lens with my Huawei P20 Pros 40mp lens and I've come to the conclusion that the Xiami/Samsung developed sensor is good, but the software that controls it sucks balls.

The Xiaomis 108mp sensor blows out any light sources it captures, and no amount of 'pro' adjusting can make it any less saturated. The P20 Pro on the other hand still does great (if overly processed) low light pictures with perfect amounts of exposure and saturation and that is just on auto without any AI selected.

BlackHawk91

Oct 3, 2012
Hello I switched from mi9 to MI 10 t pro.
And I'm disappointed from the image quality, gcam is a little bit better but the unsharpnes out of the center is extreme..
Is this a general thing for the mi10 t pro or do I have any hardware issues?
Screenshot_2020-12-08-20-04-08-384_com.simplemobiletools.gallery.pro.jpg

Best regards

And I'm disappointed from the image quality, gcam is a little bit better but the unsharpnes out of the center is extreme..
Is this a general thing for the mi10 t pro or do I have any hardware issues? View attachment 5151531

Best regards

That's the problem when you have a great big sensor but a terrible lens. Basically because of the big sensor and poor lens it collects more light in the centre which is why you get blurriness around the edges. Really you should be using the macro for that shot and it 'might be something that can be corrected in software but I don't know how well Xiaomi deals with fixes?

BlackHawk91

Oct 3, 2012
Is the poor lens a general mi 10t pro problem or do just I have a bad phone?

The makro lens?
The makro quality is horrible like the photo of my Phone from 2005 😂

Do I anything wrong? I'm sorry but I am really surprised by the negative quality...
Screenshot_2020-12-08-20-53-17-725_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg

Last edited:

Milica84

Dec 4, 2020
Also wondering this... Especially since the clip-on lenses have usually a small hole on the base - I don't think Apexel lenses would work for example... Anybody tested?

To answer my own question-macro lenses actually work-I tested two, both cheap versions I used before, the smaller hole one shows a small vignetting, but the larger one is quite ok. So it should work unless the hole on the base is very small...
IMG_20201208_101400-01.jpeg

krychoos

Feb 12, 2021
freeDom21 Hi, I have bought Mi 10T PRO for making films and I have no issues with the main lens BUT I have also bought Ulanzi 1.33 PRO Anamorphic lens and it basically doesn't work. There are two major problems:
1. Metal lens clip is too small and it doesn't fit the phone, plastic spring-clip has too small hole so I had to use power tools to make it right BUT,
2. it looks like lens is a bit too far from phone and that creates terrifying image distortion and black vignette (if I hold lens in hand and move it right to the phone everything is perfect, so clip is definitely the problem).

The solution might be other metal lens clip (didn't find any) or some clever welding-transformation of existing one (it needs extra ~5mm).

Is this a general thing for the mi10 t pro or do I have any hardware issues? View attachment 5151531

Best regards

I've had a though about this. I think it could be trying to Bokeh the picture and that is why it is out of focus around the outside of the image.

Anne_Droid

Oct 19, 2012
does this happen to all mi 10t pro models? also same with the non pro?

I was just about to pick this phone up, I do super amateur product photography on a lightbox holding a small object on a fairly regular basis, for ebay. my old redmi note 7 pro has been good enough for the past few years but recently died.

any feedback is appreciated before I pull the trigger.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Best regards

That's the problem when you have a great big sensor but a terrible lens. Basically because of the big sensor and poor lens it collects more light in the centre which is why you get blurriness around the edges. Really you should be using the macro for that shot and it 'might be something that can be corrected in software but I don't know how well Xiaomi deals with fixes?
    Nie jest tak źle :)133331868_840316569871732_2457391788393593937_n.jpg
    I have the mi 10t (not the pro) and I don't have this issue.
    I have the mi 10t (not the pro) and I don't have this issue.
    Thanks mate, I just ordered the 10t too, not the pro. That is good to know, and thank you for the reply.

Might get mine in two or three days.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone