Pics of ZenFone 2 cases

J M L

Sep 24, 2010
Thanks for the post :) What is the texture this case like, slick or grippy? I'm wondering if it's the same material as what is sometimes described as sandstone or rubber paint. I had a sandstone case for my previous phone and loved its feel.
The surface itself is smooth, as in it is not textured. It is a hard plastic, meaning that pressing a finger nail to it does not create a depression, but it does feel a bit grippy. It feels like it has more friction against the hand then the bare phone, even though the stock back does have a slight texture. Hard plastic makes it sound like it might feel smooth, like a regular desktop mouse, for example, but it doesn't, there is a sense of friction.

The clear silicon case has more friction and grippiness than this one. One reason I've come to like this one is because it wraps up on the sides, so there is a consistent feel on the palm and fingers when holding the phone. The silicon case also wraps up on the sides, but because the edges of the case peel away from the phone and there is seam where the fingertips rest it doesn't feel as secure. I think the silicon one might actually offer better protection though, because it does cover everything except the screen and bezel, while the hard one leaves the top and bottom edges and half of each corner uncovered.

Reactions: Makarios

J M L

Sep 24, 2010
Cheap case #4

This is the last of the four cases I ordered from Aliexpress. It's a heavy duty case, and I paid $3.98 for it. I never intended for this one to be my daily case, but rather to use in situations where I wanted more protection. Unfortunately, the cutout for the headphone jack is not wide enough, so it's impossible to use with headphones, which mostly defeats the purpose of having a case for rough activities. I might take a razor blade to it.

The case is made of two parts, a flexible inner sleeve, and a hard plastic outer cover. Despite the appearance, the outer cover is not rubberized, it's just plastic. The bumps do provide lots of edges to grip, so the phone is very secure while holding it.

There is a little kickstand to turn the giant phone into a tiny TV.

Pros:
  • Lots of protection
  • A kickstand
  • Easy to hold

Cons:
  • The headphone jack is obstructed
  • The neon green isn't as neon as it appears in pictures
  • Makes the top button difficult to operate

I'm not counting size against this case, because that comes with the territory for one providing this much protection. It will keep the phone itself from hitting a flat surface, but I don't know how much force it will absorb, or if most of it just gets passed to the phone anyway through the hard cover.

Attachments

Reactions: GalaxyFan88

Val3r10

Jul 6, 2006
Just realized I had not upload pics of the other cases. My bad. The first two are of the Nilkin Crystal clear case: back of phone and three-quarters view. The last two are of the Chinese eBay knock-off window case: back and front.
Could you please give a link for the Chinese cover ?
Thanks

jasonquejr

Feb 20, 2014
Manila
Hello everyone! I received my zf2 devilcase.
Used it for few weeks already.
See images below.

First of all, sorry if I took lot's of pictures. If this is not allowed, please tell me so that I can delete some of it. Secondly, I'm not really good in giving reviews so please forgive me.

When I received the package, I was a bit excited to open it. Then when I saw the bumper, I got a bit disappointed. I may have expected too much based on the images I have seen on their website specially with the total amount I paid for it. But then I was surprised that they included a carbon fiber skin as I was looking for something like that. At first the bumper feels off because it somehow made the phone a bit bulky on sides. But after a couple of weeks, I got used to it and feels good now. The appearance definitely made my zf2 really classy. The hole for USB charging port is okay. No problem or whatsoever. Same with the power button. Easy to press. The hole for 3.5mm jack was the only concern. Base on the pictures, the headphone jack fits perfectly but the jack of the speakers doesn't fit well.
The package includes:
1 aluminum bumper
1 cleaning cloth
2 back cover skin
2 camera lens protector
2 screw drivers
Bunch of screws.
33USD plus 13USD for shipping here in Manila

All in all, I'm very happy with the looks. The protection I think is okay covering the sides. Of course, only the carbon fiber skin is protecting my back cover from scratches. My phone fell two times already but luckily, everything is okay.

Again, sorry for this kind of review.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

sportscrazed2

May 11, 2011
I'm curious if tpu actually provides decent drop protection? I bought the pudding amzer one and love the look and feel and how thin it is but, not quite sure if it would actually survive being dropped on contcrete. Then again the inner layer on most otterboxes is tpu right? And aren't the corners of otterbox tpu? And isn't the corner the most likely spot to damage the screen if dropped? Now i've only dropped any of the smartphones i've owned once or so in my life but, i'd rather be confident that if i receive a phone call and fumble my phone walking down the street it will be ok.

cmendonc2

Aug 29, 2011
I'm curious if tpu actually provides decent drop protection? I bought the pudding amzer one and love the look and feel and how thin it is but, not quite sure if it would actually survive being dropped on contcrete. Then again the inner layer on most otterboxes is tpu right? And aren't the corners of otterbox tpu? And isn't the corner the most likely spot to damage the screen if dropped? Now i've only dropped any of the smartphones i've owned once or so in my life but, i'd rather be confident that if i receive a phone call and fumble my phone walking down the street it will be ok.
I accidentally banged my ZF2 with a TPU case on against a sharp corner of a table, and the dent went right through the TPU and into the soft plastic back. I guess with concrete it would be that times more.

sportscrazed2

May 11, 2011
I accidentally banged my ZF2 with a TPU case on against a sharp corner of a table, and the dent went right through the TPU and into the soft plastic back. I guess with concrete it would be that times more.
I'm not too concerned about the back.. That is replaceable easily enough. More concerned about the screen. I've never replaced one myself and I'm pretty sure it would be a pain in the ass. Oh well I don't really feel like putting my giant case back on after feeling how thin this one is. I guess I'll just have to discipline myself not to text while walking.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using XDA Free mobile app

sportscrazed2

May 11, 2011
2 amzer cases i hope i don't regret switching from the big hefty one to the small feels like nothing case. I have the nillkin tpu case and tempered glass on the way. I may be forced to use that one because the hard amzer pulled at the corners of an old tempered glass protector and i ended up breaking that protector anyway on purpose because it was crap. According to the reviews on amazon the pudding does the same so the nillkin might just win by default. Nillkin and nillkin should work together right? Really digging how thin the phone is with the pudding. I actually like it better than naked because i kinda just ordered the only color b&h had in stock. I've probably spent about 30 on cases now and i hear a screen repair is like $60 maybe I should have just pocketed the cash and hoped for the best naked

swiftden

Nov 11, 2011
Bought 5 of these. Looks and feels really really good. Bought it from Aliexpress and shipped to to the Philippines, selling the remaining 4. PM me if interested.

Attachments

baobrain

May 19, 2014
Nillkin Sparkle Leather Case

Huge disappointment. Definitely not leather, definitely plastic. It doesn't protect the top of the case and it doesn't close completely.

Some pics:

Overandout

Feb 26, 2015
Hello everyone! I received my zf2 devilcase.
Used it for few weeks already.
See images below.

First of all, sorry if I took lot's of pictures. If this is not allowed, please tell me so that I can delete some of it. Secondly, I'm not really good in giving reviews so please forgive me.

When I received the package, I was a bit excited to open it. Then when I saw the bumper, I got a bit disappointed. I may have expected too much based on the images I have seen on their website specially with the total amount I paid for it. But then I was surprised that they included a carbon fiber skin as I was looking for something like that. At first the bumper feels off because it somehow made the phone a bit bulky on sides. But after a couple of weeks, I got used to it and feels good now. The appearance definitely made my zf2 really classy. The hole for USB charging port is okay. No problem or whatsoever. Same with the power button. Easy to press. The hole for 3.5mm jack was the only concern. Base on the pictures, the headphone jack fits perfectly but the jack of the speakers doesn't fit well.
The package includes:
1 aluminum bumper
1 cleaning cloth
2 back cover skin
2 camera lens protector
2 screw drivers
Bunch of screws.
33USD plus 13USD for shipping here in Manila

All in all, I'm very happy with the looks. The protection I think is okay covering the sides. Of course, only the carbon fiber skin is protecting my back cover from scratches. My phone fell two times already but luckily, everything is okay.

Again, sorry for this kind of review.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for this.

Can you answer a few questions for me before I buy this expensive bumper?

1) Is there a proper hole in the case for a lanyard to be attached?
2) Have you since removed the bumper to see if it has scratched / damaged the phone?
3) Have you noticed any reduction in signal strength?

jasonquejr

Feb 20, 2014
Manila
Thanks for this.

Can you answer a few questions for me before I buy this expensive bumper?

1) Is there a proper hole in the case for a lanyard to be attached?
2) Have you since removed the bumper to see if it has scratched / damaged the phone?
3) Have you noticed any reduction in signal strength?
1. There's no provision for lanyard.
2. I remove the bumper once in a while and no scratch or whatsoever. Phone is still in perfect condition.
3. I have no issues with signal. Though in our area, specially in our workplace, we have a really poor signal coverage. I attached a signal booster inside my phone to increase the signal strength. Everything went well then.

Hope these help you. :D