Picsel Browser 1.0.5 Files Available

Search This thread

tpmwr

Jul 23, 2007
Alright, Picsel didn't sound as Taboo on this forum as it does on every other forum so I figured I'd share these. If it is Taboo please just delete the files and I am very sorry.

Below is a rar containing the files from Picsel Browser 1.0.5 (The new one from the i760) with MUCH MUCH MUCH better CSS support. These work fine on my mogul when Picsel 1.0.0 is installed, but don't seem to work at all when Picsel 1.0.0 is not installed first. Maybe I am missing some registry values? I grabbed these files off a i760 demo I got to play with today. If anyone can make a complete everything you will need cab for this that would be awesome.

-Anthony

EDIT: CAB by FAMAN:
Admin edit: File and link removed due to legal complaints from picsel.

Last edited by a moderator:

FAMAN

Mar 5, 2007
Alright, Picsel didn't sound as Taboo on this forum as it does on every other forum so I figured I'd share these. If it is Taboo please just delete the files and I am very sorry.

Below is a rar containing the files from Picsel Browser 1.0.5 (The new one from the i760) with MUCH MUCH MUCH better CSS support. These work fine on my mogul when Picsel 1.0.0 is installed, but don't seem to work at all when Picsel 1.0.0 is not installed first. Maybe I am missing some registry values? I grabbed these files off a i760 demo I got to play with today. If anyone can make a complete everything you will need cab for this that would be awesome.

-Anthony

Tested on my trinity.
v1.0.5.3514
cab

programatix

May 17, 2005
These work fine on my mogul when Picsel 1.0.0 is installed, but don't seem to work at all when Picsel 1.0.0 is not installed first. Maybe I am missing some registry values?

Yes, the registry values are missing. Someone care to make a cab out of it? I'll do it when I have the time (if no one has done it yet before I get myself some time).

Sep 25, 2006
works on wizard, crashes on google.

it installed fine on my wizard, and ive been running the original picsel 1.0 for a while, and had little problems with it. Installed this version, havent noticed any significant improvements. One major issue is that it appears to crash as soon as i direct the browser to google.com or any varient e.g google.com/pda etc. i think i might switch back to v1.
thanks for all your effort tho!

Rootwind

Jul 31, 2007
it installed fine on my wizard, and ive been running the original picsel 1.0 for a while, and had little problems with it. Installed this version, havent noticed any significant improvements. One major issue is that it appears to crash as soon as i direct the browser to google.com or any varient e.g google.com/pda etc. i think i might switch back to v1.
Yeah, I'm also getting crashes on some websites.

Menneisyys

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2005
www.winmobiletech.com
Inside \Windows\picselbrowser.exe

But I believe this is a retail product, you might get into trouble for posting this from Site Admin.

It's not a retail product but an OEM; that is, even if you wanted, you can't purchase it. Therefore, it's tolerated and no removed.

Adin edit: we've received legal complaints from picsel stating they do not want us to host or link to their product since it infringes their I.P.

Last edited by a moderator:

larsuck

Dec 10, 2006
Nowheresville

Yeah, but who uses google anyway?!;)

So, to get this straight, the .cab is the only thing necessary, or do we have to have 1.0 installed first, then the .cab?

larsuck

Dec 10, 2006
Nowheresville
@Cobra2: Thanks! I have now tried it myself and it seems to work much the same as version 1.0.0. For some reason, the darn thing just doesn't want to flow.

@Everyone: Anyone got this to flow so that the text is the right width for the screen?

@chriskaragainnis: However, Google is not crashing on me. I wonder if chriskaragiannis isn't being redirected to the google personalized homepage with all the ajax code on it. Did you set it to announce as ie7?

[email protected]: Nevermind. Guess I'm just an idiot. It is flowing now that I know which button to push.

Last edited: