Question picture-in-picture problems

Search This thread

M1l0u

Jan 2, 2022
Hi there all,

As I assume more people than me has the same problem as what i´ve got. Picture-in-picture just doesn´t work properly, there are some "fixes" avaialble - like running i.e. youtube in a chrome window and have that run pip.. but that´s not really what i´m looking for.

Has anyone gotten pip to work properly on miui 12.5? And if so - how did you do it?

cheers

M1l0u

Jan 2, 2022
It's working perfectly fine for me. What is your problem exactly? If you mean YT specifically and the official YT app then you need a premium account for that to work. Or you can just use Vanced instead.
It's a general problem, but yeah... I'm on vanced. The problem is with all PiP enabled applications, the player just shoots down att the bottom of the screen.

MocnePifko

Jan 24, 2015
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Xiaomi 11T Pro
"the player just shoots down att the bottom of the screen" - what do you mean by that?
Does it close when going into PiP mode? Cause if it doesn't and just goes into PiP and the is placed at the bottom right corner of the screen then it is just normal behavior and you can move it aroun by just dragging it and placing whrever you want.

M1l0u

Jan 2, 2022
"the player just shoots down att the bottom of the screen" - what do you mean by that?
Does it close when going into PiP mode? Cause if it doesn't and just goes into PiP and the is placed at the bottom right corner of the screen then it is just normal behavior and you can move it aroun by just dragging it and placing whrever you want.
I mean that the player ends up below the screen so to speak... really wierd.

MocnePifko

Jan 24, 2015
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Xiaomi 11T Pro
OK that is weird. Are you using a 3rd party launcher with some sort of a method to hide nav bar and use 3rd party gestures? Have you checked if PiP is on in the settings for Vanced? Privacy protection>Special permissions>Picture-in-Picture

M1l0u

Jan 2, 2022
I think I just will accept the drawbacks until we get twrp and more custom roms :)

sushuguru

Oct 30, 2016
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Hi there all,

As I assume more people than me has the same problem as what i´ve got. Picture-in-picture just doesn´t work properly, there are some "fixes" avaialble - like running i.e. youtube in a chrome window and have that run pip.. but that´s not really what i´m looking for.

Has anyone gotten pip to work properly on miui 12.5? And if so - how did you do it?

cheers
Which rom are you using, I had that same problem when using EU rom 12.5.10, had to flash back to global just because of that issue