• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

pie 9 update on G960U1?

Search This thread

MathGuy284

Dec 31, 2018
I'm wondering when we can expect G960U1 to get the pie 9 update?

Also, I flashed from U to U1, will that change anything for me? Will I have to download firmware with the 9 update manually or will it come automatically? Thanks!

gmp009

Mar 3, 2011
Hyderabad

Also, I flashed from U to U1, will that change anything for me? Will I have to download firmware with the 9 update manually or will it come automatically? Thanks!

There is no exact date for launching Pie on U1 but it will be there in coming weeks. As on locked phones they started rolling out already.

Reactions: MathGuy284

wilmesg

Oct 9, 2006
This is a quote of Tel864. Not sure where he got this info, but Feb 18 is not that bad :)

True not too bad, only 2 months after their initial release (Dec 2018). :silly:

It was inferred by Samsung Care yesterday that I shouldn't be surprised with a March OTA.

Regardless, T-Mobile will need to be completed before us and they are still in the "development" phase of OneUI.

Last edited:

wilmesg

Oct 9, 2006
True not too bad, only 2 months after their initial release (Dec 2018). :silly:

It was inferred by Samsung Care yesterday that I shouldn't be surprised with a March OTA.

Regardless, T-Mobile will need to be completed before us and they are still in the "development" phase of OneUI.

Well, looks like T-Mobile has announced it is releasing their firmware. We might have a chance.

Tel864

Nov 22, 2011
Greenville
Yep, T-Mobile pulled their update because of problems. I'm wondering now if that's going to delay the unlocked update. BTW, the 2/18 date came from a chat someone in the beta forums had with support.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

There is no exact date for launching Pie on U1 but it will be there in coming weeks. As on locked phones they started rolling out already.