• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Pie][BETA][TESTING] crDroid v5.12 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 (HERMES)

Search This thread
The middle button is not working properly among the earphone 3 buttons.
Normally, when the middle button is pressed, the media is paused/played.
But the volume goes up.

And the ability to adjust the media by pressing the Volume +/- button twice
on the Poweramp does not work.

Button Mapper is useless too, so I think this needs a fundamental correction.

qtaz

Jun 29, 2021
Hi! I have problem with cellular data speed - it dropped to ~500kb/s max while I could get up to 3mb/s on stock rom. I have flashed in order: crDroid, kernel, addonsu, open gapps pico, and XRN2_v24p58modem.zip which I wasn't sure if it's the right file. I flashed your version of TWRP and had to reboot every time I installed a zip or installation would crash and reboot by itself otherwise.

Btw thank you for your work! Keep it up!

qtaz

Jun 29, 2021
I did a full wipe today, flashed only crDroid, wiped cache/dalvik, rebooted and I am still experiencing theese issues:
* slow cellular data ~500kb/s
* cellular data does not turn on after switching airplane mode - icon is enabled but there's no 3G title under it and network is unreachable. Have to reboot every time

Can someone tell me which zips am I supposed to install and in which order?

Edit:
I tried many different configs, even dirty flashing over stick rom. Cellular data randomly works, reboots rarely help. Wifi works good but hotspot sometimes drops speed to 100kb/s and needs restart.

Edit 2:
The rom is unusable for me. Everything works except GSM network - after turning on airplane mode or rebooting system no longer detects sim card. The only way to fix this is to reinstall rom. I had to restore stock rom sadly.

Last edited:

unicunic8

Dec 24, 2014
I did a full wipe today, flashed only crDroid, wiped cache/dalvik, rebooted and I am still experiencing theese issues:
* slow cellular data ~500kb/s
* cellular data does not turn on after switching airplane mode - icon is enabled but there's no 3G title under it and network is unreachable. Have to reboot every time

Can someone tell me which zips am I supposed to install and in which order?

Edit:
I tried many different configs, even dirty flashing over stick rom. Cellular data randomly works, reboots rarely help. Wifi works good but hotspot sometimes drops speed to 100kb/s and needs restart.

Edit 2:
The rom is unusable for me. Everything works except GSM network - after turning on airplane mode or rebooting system no longer detects sim card. The only way to fix this is to reinstall rom. I had to restore stock rom sadly.
have you flashed the kernel?

qtaz

Jun 29, 2021
Okay I cleanly flashed the ROM once again, flashed the kernel and found a little fix. When I have to boot my device (e.g. when battery dies) I have to clean cache and dalvik and then boot system, otherwise sim card won't work.
Cellular data speed is still ~500kb/s

unicunic8

Dec 24, 2014
Okay I cleanly flashed the ROM once again, flashed the kernel and found a little fix. When I have to boot my device (e.g. when battery dies) I have to clean cache and dalvik and then boot system, otherwise sim card won't work.
Cellular data speed is still ~500kb/s
it means there is a problem with the hardware, in my opinion it doesn't matter, this rom is stable in my opinion personally, I hope there is an android 11 rom, or even the latest android 12

Yaelede

Apr 25, 2014
As for the stability, comparing LOS 16 and crDroid 5.12, I can definitely state, that LOS 16 is much more stable. I have installed BOTH ROMs several times.
I stayed with LOS 16, because practically it works without any flaws.
On the contrary, I had several serious problems with crDroid:
- the phone restarted itself many times, mainly during charging (LOS 16: never)
- native camera app didn't work at all, Footej camera works, but it's lagging, and has other bugs too (LOS16: nativa camera app works well, I didn't have to install Fotej Camera)
- in general, the phone apps worked very slow, especially the browsers, and it didn't matter which one I used.

So though crDroid 5.12 seemed very promising first, it's simply too much for this old hardware.
It offers really numerous interesting setting options and many extras compared to LOS16, but the average user will never need them at all.
It's like an old VW Beetle compared to car full of electronic controls: the VW never broke down..

Anyway, all my gratitudes to ibilux for developing both ROMs (there is also a small chance, that something went wrong when installing crDroid, but as I mentioned before, I flashed both ROMs multiple times)

Good luck

tramanco

Aug 2, 2021
Hi, I´m using this rom and I have 1 problem, when the phone finished to load the android all time I have the message : google pixel configuration is no load.... How Do I solve this problem?

qtaz

Jun 29, 2021
SMS notifications sometimes come 15 minutes or even 1h after receiving them or when I wake the phone.
Also does anyone also experience bug I mentioned earlier?

unicunic8

Dec 24, 2014
As for the stability, comparing LOS 16 and crDroid 5.12, I can definitely state, that LOS 16 is much more stable. I have installed BOTH ROMs several times.
- native camera app didn't work at all, Footej camera works, but it's lagging, and has other bugs too (LOS16: nativa camera app works well, I didn't have to install Fotej Camera)
- in general, the phone apps worked very slow, especially the browsers, and it didn't matter which one I used.

So though crDroid 5.12 seemed very promising first, it's simply too much for this old hardware.
It offers really numerous interesting setting options and many extras compared to LOS16, but the average user will never need them at all.
It's like an old VW Beetle compared to car full of electronic controls: the VW never broke down..

Anyway, all my gratitudes to ibilux for developing both ROMs (there is also a small chance, that something went wrong when installing crDroid, but as I mentioned before, I flashed both ROMs multiple times)

Good luck
flash using the los 16 kernel, and swap zram for 2gb, very faster crdroid

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210814-180047.jpg
    Screenshot_20210814-180047.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 42

Canales1988

Dec 26, 2017
Hi, thanks for the rom. I have installed it but when I turn on the phone, it gives me an error when reading the microsd card and does not let me access the data, it asks me to format it. Is it a bug? It can be fixed?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    fRuH3oM.png

crDroid PIE v5.12 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 (HERMES)

ABOUT:
    ROM Version: Beta
    Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 (HERMES)
    Maintainer: @ibilux
    Build Status: Unofficial

DISCLAIMER:
    • I am not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    • You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

FEATURES:

• Working:
    • Adjustable brightness
    • Audio
    • Auto brightness
    • RIL (calls & mobile data & ussd)
    • Video
    • Gallery
    • Mic
    • Wi-Fi
    • FM-Radio
    • Bluetooth
    • Internet
    • GPS
    • Hotspot
    • SD Card
    • Online/Offline charging
    • Built-in Signature Spoofing (for MicroG)
    • USB tethering
    • IR Blaster
    • Vibration
    • Rotation sensor
    • MTP and Mass Storage modes
    • Lights
    • Camera (Photos & Video recording) [It's better to use Open Camera or Footej Camera Apps]
    • DT2W support.
    • NOT working:
    • ?
    • Bugs:
    • ?

PRECAUTION:
    1. Read the entire OP before posting, downloading, or flashing ANYTHING
    2. Follow all instructions
    3. Please use the search function and read back a few pages before you post any questions
    4. ALWAYS MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP
    5. ALWAYS MAKE AN EXTERNAL BACKUP OF ALL DATA

INSTRUCTIONS:
    NOTE:
    If you are using the old unofficial Build make a clean flash and don't dirty flash.
    CLEAN FLASH:
    1. Reboot into the latest version of TWRP (from here)
    2. Make a NANDROID backup and copy it an external medium (laptop, flash drive, etc) just in case something goes wrong!
    3. Wipe Dalvik/ART cache, system, data, and cache partitions (ANY LESS IS NOT A CLEAN FLASH!)
    4. Flash build
    5. Wipe Cache [Not Necessary]
    6. OPTIONAL: If you want root access, flash Addon SU or from official LineageOS extras
    7. Reboot
    DIRTY FLASH:
    1. Reboot into the latest version of TWRP (from here)
    2. Make a NANDROID backup and copy it an external medium (laptop, flash drive, etc) just in case something goes wrong!
    3. Flash build
    4. Wipe Cache [Necessary]
    5. OPTIONAL: If you want root access, flash Addon SU or from official LineageOS extras
    6. Reboot

DOWNLOADS:

BUG REPORTING:
    DO NOT REPORT BUGS IF YOU HAVE FLASHED MAGISK, XPOSED, A CUSTOM KERNEL, OR ANY OTHER UNSUPPORTED THIRD-PARTY MODS
    1. The very first step will be to attempt a new download and CLEAN FLASH (WIPE DALVIK/ART CACHE, SYSTEM, DATA, AND CACHE).
    2. Pull an ADB LOGCAT and copy & paste it to HASTEBIN .
    3. Save the log and copy the URL.
    4. Visit HERMES (REDMI NOTE 2 / 2 PRO) - OFFICIAL GROUP and post your issue with the HASTEBIN link of your bug.
    5. Please also tell us what device you're running, what date the build is from, if it was a release build, what packages you flashed with it (what Gapps package, Magisk version, etc).
    6. You may also report bugs in this thread.

Join us at Telegram:
    https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEAcYGMW9RpRIW2-XQ

Credits
    Maintainer: @Bilux
    This is all based on the work of @Dinolek and the help of other developers.
    Thanks to @Dargons10 For building the roms.

XDA:DevDB Information
    crDroid v5.12 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 (HERMES), ROM for the Redmi Note 2

Contributors
    ibilux, Dinolek
    Source Code: https://github.com/ibilux/android_device_tree_hermes
    Kernel : https://github.com/ibilux/android_kernel_xiaomi_hermes/

ROM OS Version:
    9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader & Latest TWRP Recovery
    Based On: LineageOS
    It's not available here already, so I uploaded it to my Mega:
    Only on this rom? Or on other rom too because of the outdated processor
    The mt6795 cpu can handle only 2K display support.

Thanks to you, RN2's life has been extended!
    I have a question, is it mandatory to install modem file?
    Only if you have a problem with sim signal.

Good luck