Pie for Unlocked V35

Search This thread

Guyinlaca

Sep 13, 2010
As we know, the AT&T V35 got Pie in June, but still nothing for the Unlocked model almost 2 months later. This is embarrassingly bad for LG and I'm curious what is causing the issue. Is LG so wrapped up in 5G development that they've left old devices in the dust? Also, I'd be curious if the AT&T Pie is a form of soak test, and perhaps needed bugs to be worked out before full rollout.

Reactions: jwrezz

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
As we know, the AT&T V35 got Pie in June, but still nothing for the Unlocked model almost 2 months later. This is embarrassingly bad for LG and I'm curious what is causing the issue. Is LG so wrapped up in 5G development that they've left old devices in the dust? Also, I'd be curious if the AT&T Pie is a form of soak test, and perhaps needed bugs to be worked out before full rollout.
Unlocked is always last, because it has to work with all carriers not just AT&T. More testing has to be done.

Same happened with V30 and Oreo. Official Carrier Unlocked was last, after the carrier models.

jwrezz

Dec 20, 2010
Parsippany
I think they've had about a year to get it ready. This is plain and simple. LG is a sh!t company, with more desire for profit than good support for "old" devices. By old I mean 3-6 months or beyond. Just pump out a new phone every 6 months with a 1 year old version of Android and call it good.

Sent from my LM-V350ULM using Tapatalk

asialove2013

Sep 6, 2013
I think they've had about a year to get it ready. This is plain and simple. LG is a sh!t company, with more desire for profit than good support for "old" devices. By old I mean 3-6 months or beyond. Just pump out a new phone every 6 months with a 1 year old version of Android and call it good.

Pie is Now available

jwrezz

Dec 20, 2010
Parsippany
Yup. Only about a year from their Q4 2018 plan. Screenshot_2019-08-04-22-50-37.jpgScreenshot_20190804-234842.jpg

jwrezz

Dec 20, 2010
Parsippany
Finally. Same via OTA yesterday. Subtle update with no noticeable changes.
Yeah, when my wife got it on her P2XL the volume panel went from Horizontal to Vertical. Mine is same old. No visial changes, but these annoying notifications that I set to Minimize, but they don't go away!

jwrezz

Dec 20, 2010
Parsippany
So "minimized" notifications from ifttt and Google translate don't minimize. Pie verticle Volume is still horizontal in LG. I tell ya I don't notice a difference at all. I'm using the pixel launcher and a very stock android type of lame LG theme, but my phone seems the same only with the notification bugs.

Guyinlaca

Sep 13, 2010
The only visible changes I can see so far are the new gesture navigation system, the new recent apps menu, and the added choices for Always On Display. I've used it for about 2 hours and haven't seen any glitches, but I did a full clean install. Some people will be happy they didn't move the clock like every other manufacturer.

All that said, there is no fresh look or feel to the update. Pixel Experience or Pixel Experience Dark for the G7 themes works great on the V35 with Pie.

Last edited:
Reactions: jwrezz

ahm12

Feb 14, 2011
IL
can anyone provide the download link for the new UNLOCKED KDZ .
and does anyone know which DLL file to use?

i have att v35 but i am running unlocked version oreo kdz

jwrezz

Dec 20, 2010
Parsippany
The only visible changes I can see so far are the new gesture navigation system, the new recent apps menu, and the added choices for Always On Display. I've used it for about 2 hours and haven't seen any glitches, but I did a full clean install. Some people will be happy they didn't move the clock like every other manufacturer.

All that said, there is no fresh look or feel to the update. Pixel Experience or Pixel Experience Dark for the G7 themes works great on the V35 with Pie.

I think I have a theme from the LG "store" or what ever it is built into the phone, that is not removable, and is forcing some old notification bar icons and general look and feel. I will try the Pixel Experience Dark themes and see what happens. Thanks for the info.

Any one have ideas on removing an installed theme? Also, I cant seem to update the Pixel Launcher. I've switched back to Nova, but I have no way of uninstalling Pixel Launcher so I can try and do a clean install rather than try to update. I have no "trash can" next to any of my installed launchers, and I have 2 besides Pixel and stock LG stuff.

jwrezz

Dec 20, 2010
Parsippany
Pixel Ex and Pixel Ex dark both make me happier with a somewhat new look. But it's just a look. Where's the vertical volume, and what Pie Gestures are here?

eviling

Nov 3, 2010
can i unlock the v35 att version to work on verizon with a custom rom? the verizon sim has service just no 4g :\ wont let me change apn.

hachiroku

Jan 28, 2008
can i unlock the v35 att version to work on verizon with a custom rom? the verizon sim has service just no 4g :\ wont let me change apn.

not sure why you're unable to edit APN...for T-Mobile it automatically downloaded, but I can edit all items. I have a ATT flashed to Korean, LG U+ Pie

eviling

Nov 3, 2010
Whats screwy is I can edit it with att sim

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Where does one even get some nothings in the forum

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone