• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Pie][OEM-GSI][A/AB][arm64] Erfan GSI Ports

Search This thread
When i flashed the android S beta pixel firmware, i always get a "media storage keeps stopping" message which is preventing me from using the phone as i cannot install apps or even view files on my phone. Any workarounds as i cannot disable or clear data from the app?

When i flashed the android S beta pixel firmware, i always get a "media storage keeps stopping" message which is preventing me from using the phone as i cannot install apps or even view files on my phone. Any workarounds as i cannot disable or clear data from the app?

I also tried this GSI and I also had the same error, I was looking at the logs and there was something like "media server / service not found or not running" or something like that.

It needs to be fixed somehow.

how did you manage to boot that
mines stucked in bootloop and cannot even access twrp
I tried many vendors from custom roms (pixel experience, lineage ....), you must have android 10 or 11 vendor and use permissiver , if you try root via Magisk you must use canary debug version (I cannot boot with normal Magisk any Erfan GSIs this is why I use canary debug) If you have still boot loop try custom kernel (android S is Android 11 with new features you can use custom kernel for this). If even this didn't help then you have to wait for someone who deals with it (kernels and androids) he may find a way to do it. :)

I tried many vendors from custom roms (pixel experience, lineage ....), you must have android 10 or 11 vendor and use permissiver , if you try root via Magisk you must use canary debug version (I cannot boot with normal Magisk any Erfan GSIs this is why I use canary debug) If you have still boot loop try custom kernel (android S is Android 11 with new features you can use custom kernel for this). If even this didn't help then you have to wait for someone who deals with it (kernels and androids) he may find a way to do it. :)
There is a chance that if you have an Exynos/mediatek CPU that you will not boot it because most oem GSIs are ported from Snapdragon. (I don't know if you have Snapdragon or Exynos or mediatek) :)

Last edited:
I also tried this GSI and I also had the same error, I was looking at the logs and there was something like "media server / service not found or not running" or something like that.

It needs to be fixed somehow.
media server is broken litle bit :D
1618232800579.png

edufpaz

Aug 15, 2017
Rio Grande
Hello Mr Erfan

I was interested in this process of generating a GSI image. My device is Umidigi A7 pro with OEM Android 10. I would like to base the OEM Android 11 of Umidigi A9 pro 2021.

I followed the steps to install GitHub on my PC and started the process:

[email protected]:~/ErfanGSIs$ sudo ./url2GSI.sh UMIDIGI_A9_Pro_64G-R_V1-0_20210617.rar generic
Updating tools...
Fetching prebuilt submodule/vendor_vndk
Fetching submodule tools/ROM_resigner
Already up to date.
HEAD is now at e851538 Use gnu coreutils on Darwin
Already up to date.
Updating d02128d..1a1ce49
fast forward
README.md | 7 ++----
ozipdecrypt.py | 138 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++---------------------------------- ------------------
2 files changed, 79 insertions(+), 66 deletions(-)
Already up to date.
Create Temp and out dir
Extracting firmware on: /home/edupaz/ErfanGSIs/working
super
Creating super.img.raw ...
generic is not supported rom, supported roms:
Flyme for Android 10
Generic for Android 10
MIUI for Android 10
OxygenOS for Android 10
Pixel for Android 10
Generic for Android 11
Pixel for Android 11
Generic for Android 12
Pixel for Android 12
ColorOS for Android 9
Flyme for Android 9
Generic for Android 9
MIUI for Android 9
Moto for Android 9
Nubia for Android 9
OneUI for Android 9
OxygenOS for Android 9
Pixel for Android 9
Xperia for Android 9
ZenUI for Android 9
ZUI for Android 9

But the result was that the OEM Android 11 of Umidigi A9 pro is not supported by url2GSI.sh tool.

Is it possible to include this OEM Umidigi in url2GSI.sh?

I am an Android user willing and interested in learning to have an updated system on my device. Umidigi is not used to updating the operating system of its devices.

And I can't switch devices as Android is updated every year.

Thank you from my heart, thank you for your work, which for me is amazing. And even more.

PS sorry for my English, Google Translate is helping me.

Last edited:

edufpaz

Aug 15, 2017
Rio Grande
you have mistake in this line, you must write generic with capital letter : Generic

i think it can work now :)
Hi Samuel Ladziansky!

After I posted the previous message, I called to put the G in place of g. But it's still wrong.

The script uses the Python tool and the Linux distribution MInt 20.1 is already Python3. I made a change in the script where I had Python and switched to Python3, but it didn't work either. The error message is about the -Eq option. And it doesn't have this option -E in the Python3 version.

Do you have any tips to fix this?

Thank you for your help.

[email protected]:~/romferramentas/ErfanGSIs$ sudo ./url2GSI.sh UMIDIGI_A9_Pro_64G-R_V1-0_20210617.rar Generic
[sudo] senha para edupaz:
Updating tools...
Fetching submodule prebuilt/vendor_vndk
Fetching submodule tools/ROM_resigner
Already up to date.
HEAD is now at e851538 Use gnu coreutils on Darwin
Already up to date.
Updating d02128d..1a1ce49
Fast-forward
README.md | 7 ++----
ozipdecrypt.py | 138 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------------------------------------------
2 files changed, 79 insertions(+), 66 deletions(-)
Already up to date.
Create Temp and out dir
Extracting firmware on: /home/edupaz/romferramentas/ErfanGSIs/working
super detected
Creating super.img.raw ...
Create Temp dir
Making copy of source rom to temp
Resigning to AOSP keys
/home/edupaz/romferramentas/ErfanGSIs/make.sh: linha 151: [: -Eq: esperava operador binário
File "/home/edupaz/romferramentas/ErfanGSIs/tools/ROM_resigner/resign.py", line 123
print line.replace(oldsignature, newsignature),
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Patching started...
Using device specific overlays is not supported in this rom. Skipping...
Creating Image: Generic-AB-11-20211023-ErfanGSI.img
/usr/bin/env: “python”: Arquivo ou diretório inexistente
Remove Temp dir
Create Temp dir
Making copy of source rom to temp
Resigning to AOSP keys
/home/edupaz/romferramentas/ErfanGSIs/make.sh: linha 151: [: -Eq: esperava operador binário
File "/home/edupaz/romferramentas/ErfanGSIs/tools/ROM_resigner/resign.py", line 123
print line.replace(oldsignature, newsignature),
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Patching started...
Using device specific overlays is not supported in this rom. Skipping...
Generating environ.rc
Creating Image: Generic-Aonly-11-20211023-ErfanGSI.img
/usr/bin/env: “python”: Arquivo ou diretório inexistente
Remove Temp dir
Porting Generic GSI done on: /home/edupaz/romferramentas/ErfanGSIs/output
[email protected]:~/romferramentas/ErfanGSIs$

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    url]

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    What is this ?
    I've decided to share some ported OEM firmwares as GSI (not semi) and have fun..
    semi-GSI: not very generic system images which needs vendor patches to boot
    GSI: generic system image without any extra patches on vendor

so far i've made GSI out of MIUI, ZenUI, OxygenOS, HydrogenOS & Samsung OneUI...
    i also accept requests for porting more firmwares, just mention me with any P firmware and i'll try
    GET UPDATES FROM: https://t.me/ErfanGSIs

Requirements:
    1. Nothing, just a treblized vendor (P or O)

How to install:
    1. Install img into system partition
    2. Flash permissiver_v4.zip or make your boot partition selinux permissive
    3. Reboot

Downloads:
    Click Here or check #builds in telegram group

Notes:
    if images didn't worked properly post your logs(logcat and console-ramoops) on telegram group i'll come for help : @ErfanGSIs
    Logcat without PC: take /data/local/tmp/logs/log
    Enable adb before boot using this command in TWRP:
    Linux/mac :
    Code:
    adb push ~/.android/adbkey.pub /data/misc/adb/adb_keys
    Win :
    Code:
    adb push C:\Users\<userName>\.android\adbkey.pub /data/misc/adb/adb_keys

Donate:
    My paypal: https://www.paypal.me/erfanoabdi

Tested on:
    I don't have any vendor 8.0 device or exynos or mtk devices to test this GSI.
    must work on them but didn't try it by myself.
    give me logs if didn't worked, or donate me a device :)
    Tested by myself:
    1. Moto Z (A-only)
    2. Moto X4 (AB)
    User reported:
    • Xiaomi Mi A1
    • ZenFone Max Pro (M1)
    • Redmi note 4
    • more...

Tools source:
    https://github.com/erfanoabdi/ErfanGSIs

Thanks
    ENJOY!​
    Holy Crap. This is..... Amazing. Gonna try the OOS GSI on Huawei with EMUI 8

thanks for testing
    if didn't boot, don't forget logs. i need them to fix stuffs...
    @erfanoabdi thanks for bringing such great OS for us and support requested on listed issues resolution if possible.
    @All user, status GSI images for reference and support.

GSI testing on Oneplus 3T,
    1- Generic Image, working like charm as PIE and battery also ok however hotspot missing.

2- Pixel Q, booted and working ok except some general lags and hotspot. Need some time to settle with 5 to 6 reboots and every reboot should have 10 mins difference.

3- Moto, stays on moto animation and not booted successfully.

4- OOS 10, booted and working laggy with no call out however incoming is ok. Major FC is sim settings even sim setup not opening for checking and select manual network.

5- Xperia, booted working ok not much laggy however signals not showing, data and call not working but incoming calls are ok. Sim setting also not working for manual checkup and setup.

6- all other GSI's are bigger than system partition size and cant check them till knowing a solution to reduce size of GSI image which is still unaddressed in this thread or any where else however as per light googling its not possible.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    hey, yes moto gsi fixed and new version uploaded
    and yes Xperia gsi doesn't have ril on P vendors but works fine on oreo vendors

thanks for testing ;)
    Question: Does this roms gapps included?

Thanks for your work.
    MIUI and OOS has Google play app.
    Cool, thanks. That's quite amazing, tbh.
    And if i'm not bothering you, do you have any link for the Sense GSI?
    I'd like to try it sometime.

thanks ;)
    yep, https://mega.nz/#!YE9iBAJT!NXjLb2OrqHG0TIfGDRN5DqwKln8bL7M25Y_7gKV8H24
    bug:wifi,ril,No boot animation
    this is announced by @PdyLZY on telegram group, i'm not sure is he the developer of it or not

u can join https://t.me/ErfanGSIs for more info