• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we moved to a new and more secure software and older account passwords were not able to be migrated. We recommend trying to reset your password, then contacting us if there are issues.

[PIE][OFFICIAL]LineageOS 16.0

pavik62

Apr 20, 2011
Volgograd
4pda.ru
In my case because of OTA Updates. My an my family's phones are tools - not toys. I bought some of these Redmi note 4 phones for us (by the way still in LOS Top Ten) because we needed reliable, up to date and privacy respecting phones that simply work. LOS (without Gapps) meets all of our requirements.

OTA-updates are very important to me. I don't have the time (and mood) to manually update all our phones every and every month again. With OTA-Updates available security updates are done with two finger touchs. Even my grandparents can do that on their own.

I am massively disappointed how this still very popular device is dropped by the LOS people. According to what I've read, the lack of official support is largely based on interpersonal problems. What kind of kindergarten is this? (I explicitly don't blame Aryan, but certain other people from LOS!) Please overcome your differences for the sake of your users!
c'est la vie ( France )

xiaovic

Dec 21, 2018
It's very simple also 2 finger touches and it's downloaded and installed. Very nice rom it is!!
OK I like the idee of official rom also but hee
C est la vie:laugh:

xdafanboii

May 18, 2018
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader, Latest Xiaomi Firmware
Where to find the latest TWRP flashable firmware for mido? Is there a changelog or something to determine if it's even worth it to upgrade the firmware if it works with older version.

Also, has someone checked if MicroG works with this ROM?

Dracolucassos

Nov 24, 2011
In my case because of OTA Updates. My an my family's phones are tools - not toys. I bought some of these Redmi note 4 phones for us (by the way still in LOS Top Ten) because we needed reliable, up to date and privacy respecting phones that simply work. LOS (without Gapps) meets all of our requirements.

OTA-updates are very important to me. I don't have the time (and mood) to manually update all our phones every and every month again. With OTA-Updates available security updates are done with two finger touchs. Even my grandparents can do that on their own.

I am massively disappointed how this still very popular device is dropped by the LOS people. According to what I've read, the lack of official support is largely based on interpersonal problems. What kind of kindergarten is this? (I explicitly don't blame Aryan, but certain other people from LOS!) Please overcome your differences for the sake of your users!
Your post is Kindergarten level to be honest. If you want official updates go grab pixel instead of ******* around. Devs do they work from passion and most of the time only for fun. It's not their job. Aaannd one other point. This "very popular device" is old.

Mr Smile

Aug 16, 2013
Your post is Kindergarten level to be honest. If you want official updates go grab pixel instead of ******* around. Devs do they work from passion and most of the time only for fun. It's not their job. Aaannd one other point. This "very popular device" is old.
My bad, I didn't know that Pixel ROM can be installed without all this google stuff spying on you.

If I remember correctly Redmi Note 4 came out in early 2017. We bought our Phones early 2018 and to be honest - I don't see a point where a new generation phone would do anything better for us. Redmi Note 4 has everything we need and is very responsive. Battery lasts and I cannont see any sign of getting old. I'm also not a fan of this notch nonsense.

LOS / Cyanogenmod project was founded to free our phones from the manufacturers' restraints and give them a longer life. Planned obsolescence is destroying our planet. I see no reason why such a phone cannot be used for at least 6 years. And obviously many agree with me, because Mido is still in the LOS Top Ten.

My last (LOS) Phone lasted 6 Years and finally had to be replaced because of fatal damage. Just because something's old doesn't mean it's a reason to throw it away. That's a pretty arrogant and wasteful attitude.

edit: And because you mentioned it: Of course I respect the devs for doing this work in their free time. The thing is that everything we need to have an official build is already done, but putting the pieces together fails because of interpersonal problems. THIS is a real shame.

Last edited:

LilBlinx

Recognized Contributor
Jun 17, 2012
Skopje
edit: And because you mentioned it: Of course I respect the devs for doing this work in their free time. The thing is that everything we need to have an official build is already done, but putting the pieces together fails because of interpersonal problems. THIS is a real shame.
In this, let's say, job, there are no "interpersonal" problems. You are either qualified, have the knowledge and the skills to get maintainer status or not.

d_g_m_2000

Jul 6, 2015
My bad, I didn't know that Pixel ROM can be installed without all this google stuff spying on you.

If I remember correctly Redmi Note 4 came out in early 2017. We bought our Phones early 2018 and to be honest - I don't see a point where a new generation phone would do anything better for us. Redmi Note 4 has everything we need and is very responsive. Battery lasts and I cannont see any sign of getting old. I'm also not a fan of this notch nonsense.

LOS / Cyanogenmod project was founded to free our phones from the manufacturers' restraints and give them a longer life. Planned obsolescence is destroying our planet. I see no reason why such a phone cannot be used for at least 6 years. And obviously many agree with me, because Mido is still in the LOS Top Ten.

My last (LOS) Phone lasted 6 Years and finally had to be replaced because of fatal damage. Just because something's old doesn't mean it's a reason to throw it away. That's a pretty arrogant and wasteful attitude.

c'mon dude... if you don't want "google stuf" just buy the damn mate 30 or use paypal to thank dev works, don't demand official rom or ask eta (devs make this possible for free).
sorry OP for spam your thread

CENTSOARER

Apr 22, 2013
Mexico City
www.cienciorama.unam.mx
In this, let's say, job, there are no "interpersonal" problems. You are either qualified, have the knowledge and the skills to get maintainer status or not.
In a given moment you may say so. In this case, it doesn't seem to apply. Once it was decided it was decided for good and there are cases where little previous experience was required to become a maintainer.

easy:rider

Feb 4, 2017
Do you have a microphone problem? Does the person on the other hand hear you as if you were in a tunnel or 3m from your cell phone?
It happens on any custom rom (with or without extra kernel), even on official MIUI (independent of firmware, currently I'm on latest chinese).
I know that mido has problems with the microphone, but is there maybe a solution?

LoveSick55

Oct 17, 2015
Do you have a microphone problem? Does the person on the other hand hear you as if you were in a tunnel or 3m from your cell phone?
It happens on any custom rom (with or without extra kernel), even on official MIUI (independent of firmware, currently I'm on latest chinese).
I know that mido has problems with the microphone, but is there maybe a solution?
Try latest global firmware.

spider1163

Feb 7, 2011
Strasbourg
Hope it will official soon.
Edit 1 - Dirty flash over official lineage 15.1 with bitgapps & francokernel.
Working fine.
Edit 2 - Facing some screen wakeup delay issue bit fix after flashing magisk module fix for wakeup delay mido.
Sent from my mido using XDA Labs
I confirm :
Dirty flash over official lineage 15.1, with opengapps and magisk, is OK

Reactions: VK84663

VK84663

Jun 20, 2016
Telegram Group

*Wipe Cache From TWRP
*Can be dirty flashed over previous builds
*If facing any bugs make a clean flash
*ROM Has inbuilt OTA Support
Hey Aryan mido's official lineage support is down why don't u apply for official?
Edit 1 - I don't know why I am asking for official?
Is it really matters?

Sent from my mido using XDA Labs

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2017
I don't know why I am asking for official?
Is it really matters?
My understanding is you can dirtyflash unofficial over official and keep all your stuff but you can not dirtyflash official over unofficial.

So if you are now on 15.1 official you can dirtyflash 16.0 unofficial.
If mido will ever get 16.0 official you would need to do a clean flash, thus losing all your settings because you are now using 16.0 unofficial.

Am I right about that?

Reactions: VK84663

mlekopan16

Jan 29, 2012
After going from LOS 15.1 to this version, done clean install, I can't charge my battery. It shows that it will be fully charged in 1 day and 8 hours. I tried two different chargers and cables as well. Result stays the same. Any ideas guys?

mlekopan16

Jan 29, 2012
Keep ur device, dont touch and switch to airplane mode.
Yesterday it charged 17% in 8 hours. I switched to battery saver option, tick all the power settings to low. I did not touch it at all, because it is my secondary phone and I need it just few times a day.
I will try to revert to LOS 15.1 again.