• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

PIE OneUI 1.0 xFire ROM + custom boot logo v1.4

Search This thread
Feb 29, 2020
Best ROM oneui

Hello, I am a Brazilian user of your ROM, and this is undoubtedly the best oneui for Galaxy S7, the only bug and not being able to use Portuguese BR on the keyboard, and a tip that can be useful in economy and performance, leave the SWAP off by default, I disabled and gained more performance and battery life, keep maintaining this wonderful ROM.

Sorry for my bad english XD

gone66

Jan 26, 2013
Dark, Pomerania
What version you're on? Revert to 1.3 for keyboard lenguages, or root your phone, download another keyboard version from apkmirror, and replace existing file with the new one in system folder.
BTW what do you mean by saying leave swap off? Can you give instructions how to do that?

Reactions: PandamonidorRX
Feb 29, 2020
What version you're on? Revert to 1.3 for keyboard lenguages, or root your phone, download another keyboard version from apkmirror, and replace existing file with the new one in system folder.
BTW what do you mean by saying leave swap off? Can you give instructions how to do that?

Disable SWAP ram, SWAP partition
I use thunderstorm kernel script for disable It
with Mtweaks init.d

DISABLE SWAP GALAXY S7 SCRIPT

#!/system/bin/sh

# ThunderStorm bash script for ZRAM & VNSWAP - ON/OFF

# Set Variables
RESETPROP="/sbin/magisk resetprop -v -n"
TS_DIR="/data/.tskernel"

# Mount
mount -o remount,rw -t auto /
mount -t rootfs -o remount,rw rootfs
mount -o remount,rw -t auto /system
mount -o remount,rw /data
mount -o remount,rw /cache

# ZRAM assigns size limit to virtual ram disk
echo 2560M > /sys/block/zram0/disksize
echo "0" > /sys/block/zram0/reset
# ON
# swapon /dev/block/zram0 >/dev/null 2>&1
# for ZRAM in /dev/block/zram*; do
# swapon $ZRAM
# done;

# ZRAM - OFF
swapoff /dev/block/zram0 >/dev/null 2>&1
for ZRAM in /dev/block/zram*; do
swapoff $ZRAM
done;

# VNSWAP - OFF
su -c swapoff /dev/block/vnswap0

# VNSWAP - ON
# su -c swapon /dev/block/vnswap0

# Unmount
mount -o remount,ro -t auto /
mount -t rootfs -o remount,ro rootfs
mount -o remount,ro -t auto /system
mount -o remount,rw /data
mount -o remount,rw /cache

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

1.3.1 but I like updated things, and I think I found a way to solve the keyboard bug, with this lightrom mod from the Samsung keyboard language pack
Link: teamexykings.com/miscellaneous
Search for mod here

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

but I don't use the kernel thunderstorm, I only use this script that I got from the AROMA installer, works on any kernel, use the morokernel 1.1 NFE that already comes in rom with this script that I mentioned, to use and just go to the init.d tab with Mtweaks, create a script, checking if it is correct, with the spaces between the lines correctly , and then run, but I recommend restarting before running to make it go faster, using the option to apply at startup already saves you the trouble of applying manually ;)

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

I hope you understand everything I tried to say ?

Feb 29, 2020
So if you're on 1.3.1 can you confirm, that the iris scanner has been removed from the setting? Not sure if it is worth updating if the only difference is model name change.

yes the iris reader remains in the settings, and I discovered what causes the language bug on the keyboard, it is because of the device name change from SM-N935 to SM-G930F, I accidentally discovered it when I restored the Google backup of the rom that still had the name as SM-N935F, and I believe that was why I managed to download the language on the keyboard, then I returned the name to SM-G930F and everything is OK

Oct 1, 2017
hello my friends, i have a question. I am on the xfire ver.1.2 now and this is one of my favorite rom of all times, is very fast and without a bug. I was changing ROMs all the time because none of them was good enough and i didnt stay very long with them, 1 week maximum, until november when i installed xFire. So my question is: can i make an ”update” to 1.3.1 but more like an official update, an OTA like in COSP for example? i have a ton of things to backup and then restore and i will still lose some little things, this is a long process and id like to know if is it possible to do this like an update and not a clean install, i like the smooth transitions, animations and the latest improvements in OneUI and i want to see how this will run on my S7. Thanks and sorry for a long message and a bad english.

Feb 29, 2020
So if you're on 1.3.1 can you confirm, that the iris scanner has been removed from the setting? Not sure if it is worth updating if the only difference is model name change.

I think it's worth it, because I always prefer to use the most current version, if you try 1.3.1, try to do what I did, change the name to SM-N935F to download the language then return the name to SM-G930F I hope I helped u.u

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

hello my friends, i have a question. I am on the xfire ver.1.2 now and this is one of my favorite rom of all times, is very fast and without a bug. I was changing ROMs all the time because none of them was good enough and i didnt stay very long with them, 1 week maximum, until november when i installed xFire. So my question is: can i make an ”update” to 1.3.1 but more like an official update, an OTA like in COSP for example? i have a ton of things to backup and then restore and i will still lose some little things, this is a long process and id like to know if is it possible to do this like an update and not a clean install, i like the smooth transitions, animations and the latest improvements in OneUI and i want to see how this will run on my S7. Thanks and sorry for a long message and a bad english.

I believe that you cannot do this, as you may end up breaking something in the ROM, or that I recommend, since you do not want to do a clean installation, go to TWRP and just format the,> system> dalvik/art> data > cache > in advanced cleaning / manual cleaning I can't remember the correct name do this, you still keep your internal storage and just make a backup with a google / samsung backup and your apps are coming back

Last edited:

xfirefist

Mar 22, 2017
Athens
Redmi Note 2
Samsung Galaxy S7
yes the iris reader remains in the settings, and I discovered what causes the language bug on the keyboard, it is because of the device name change from SM-N935 to SM-G930F, I accidentally discovered it when I restored the Google backup of the rom that still had the name as SM-N935F, and I believe that was why I managed to download the language on the keyboard, then I returned the name to SM-G930F and everything is OK
Thank you for finding the issue and a solution! I was already aware of this but i didnt know of any other way of fixing it.
You can backup your apps and settings with TWRP by backing-up the 'DATA' partition for anything else such as pictures videos downloads you may use your computer to back them up.
Once you did all that wipe the device install v1.3 (because 1.3.1 has keyboard issues) then restore your DATA partition backup. If all goes well everything should be the same (apps,settings and such) If you encounter problems after doing this i would recommend a clean installation.
Hope this helped.

Last edited:
Reactions: gianncap994

gone66

Jan 26, 2013
Dark, Pomerania
Hi xfirefist would that be possible to check why NFC banking payiment doesn't work? I have noticed that in Phone INFO apk knox status is 0x1, (in blackDiamond rom for example knox is faked to 0x0 and payments are working) - perhaps installing other kernel could fix it? What you reckon?
Also I miss wi-fi calling option, would editining other.xml file in csc folder add this function?

Last edited:

gone66

Jan 26, 2013
Dark, Pomerania
is there any need to install magisk manually to install and use bank or other apps like snapchat ?
Well, I have magisk installed, root hided for some apps, knox status is faked to 0x0 but my banking payments still don't work. I'm not sure about snapchat, 'coz I simply don't use it. Could try it for you, but do I have to create snapchat account first?

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2020
Thank you for finding the issue and a solution! I was already aware of this but i didnt know of any other way of fixing it.

It was a pleasure to help, i am very happy, my first interaction with foreign forums

Staying on version 1.3.1, as I said before, I like the most updated things possible.

Take a look at what I said regarding the SWAP partition on the ram, disabling it was very good, both in performance and power consumption

Reactions: gianncap994

joostvhts

Mar 16, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Thanks for all your work! Just one quick question: how should I install Magisk on v1.3.1 (after installing and setup and a few reboots)? I'm not too familiar with the whole system-as-root and a/b terms, so I'm afraid I'll have to reset if I do the 'regular' flash in TWRP (I just had everything set up nicely). Thanks in advance!

edit: Maybe even put the answer, along with the installation instructions for the ROM, in the first post? I found out I simply had to flash after a full wipe, in line with things like Lineage, but I was initially unsure because the ROM is Samsung-based unlike Lineage and other AOSP-based stuff. So I thought I might even have to use Odin or something. I think I didn't see instructions but correct me if I'm wrong!!

Last edited:

gone66

Jan 26, 2013
Dark, Pomerania
Thanks for all your work! Just one quick question: how should I install Magisk on v1.3.1 (after installing and setup and a few reboots)? I'm not too familiar with the whole system-as-root and a/b terms, so I'm afraid I'll have to reset if I do the 'regular' flash in TWRP (I just had everything set up nicely). Thanks in advance!

Some would probably say install it on a clean rom, but it doesn't really matter when. I kept installing and uninstalling magisk all the time when I was on this rom and needed to dig in system folders.. Nothing should go wrong, but better be safe then sorry, so make a full backup in twrp just in case :D

Last edited:

joostvhts

Mar 16, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Some would probably say install it on a clean rom, but it doesn't really matter when. I kept installing and uninstalling magisk all the time when I was on this rom and needed to dig in system folders.. Nothing should go wrong, but better be safe then sorry, so make a full backup in twrp just in case :D

Thanks! This worked perfectly, I just flashed the zip after backing up (other readers: this might not be as easy if installing it for the first time on your phone).

Unfortunately I did run into a whole separate problem: something is wrong with bluetooth when trying to use Sixaxis Controller. Of course, I don't know if this is due to Pie in general, or customized-ROM's nature, but maybe dev could investigate, if they want. The app uses magisk's root, and comes up with errors "Could not load bluetooth library" as well as "Could not load HCI library" and "Cant connect to pipe for device". I used the app on stock Oreo for quite a while.

xfirefist

Mar 22, 2017
Athens
Redmi Note 2
Samsung Galaxy S7
Version 1.3.2 is now out! Here's some notable changes:
- Android 10 with OneUi 2.0 (ported from G960FXXS7DTB5)
- March security patch
- Kernel ported from lineageos 17.1 to work with pda G960FXXS7DTB5

Not working:
- NFC
- VoLTE
- Dex
- Wifi calling
This took me a while to make so if you find this useful make sure to leave a like!

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/k884fzb1kwylz/PIE9_OneUI_xFire_ROM

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xFireFist Presents: xFire ROM for the Galaxy S7
    Based on android pie for the Galaxy Note FE, this rom provides a speedy yet stable experience for those who want the most out of their Galaxy S7.
    Aggressively de-bloated for even more free memory!
    Youtube Vanced is pre-installed for smooth and ad-less Youtube video watching.
    Please note that version 1.3 is not pre-rooted meaning you will have to install magisk yourself!

v1.1 notes:
    - Facebook App updater has been removed
    - Samsung Health has been removed
    - GearVR has been removed
    - Bixby services and Bixby Home has been removed
    - Magisk v19.4
    - Youtube Vanced is pre-installed

v1.2 notes:
    - Getting rid of Samsung cloud :good:
    - Getting rid of Galaxy wearable :good:
    - Getting rid of GearVr service :good:
    - Getting rid of SVoice :good:
    - More de-bloating and optimizing :good:
    - Magisk v20 :good:

v1.3 notes:
    - S9 Wallpapers :good:
    - Latest Magisk manager Canceled
    - Newer security patch (if possible) :good:
    - Google TTS was removed :good:
    - Samsung GearManager was removed :good:
    - Youtube Vanced was removed :good:

v1.3.1 hotfix notes:
    - Changing the model to G930 :good:
    - Due to the lack of an iris scanner on the Galaxy S7, this feature will be removed :good:
    - Inclusion of more CSC (if possible) Canceled till the next major update

v1.3.2 April 1st notes:
    - Making an android 10 build (G960FXXS7DTB5 as a base) :good:
    - Porting the kernel from lineage to work with samsung android 10 based rom :good:
    - March security patch :good:
    - April fools :good:

v1.4 notes:
    - May security patch :good:
    - Fixed issues regarding the default keyboard :good:
    - Removed the iris unlock option (hopefully) :good:
    - Restored the build fingerprint so SaferyNet passes :good:

Download Links :
    AndroidFileHost: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=301550
    Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/k884fzb1kwylz/PIE9_OneUI_xFire_ROM

Big thanks to : vovadvnovlineru as this rom is based on his , morogoku for the Moro Kernel and Vanced Team for Youtube Vanced!

XDA:DevDB Information
    xFire, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7

Contributors
    xfirefist, xfirefist
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Atleast TWRP 3.2.1, unlocked bootloader

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.4
    Stable Release Date: 2019-10-13
    Current Beta Version: 1.1
    Beta Release Date: 2019-10-08

Created 2019-10-08
    Last Updated 2020-05-22
    Version 1.3.2 is now out! Here's some notable changes:
    - Android 10 with OneUi 2.0 (ported from G960FXXS7DTB5)
    - March security patch
    - Kernel ported from lineageos 17.1 to work with pda G960FXXS7DTB5

Not working:
    - NFC
    - VoLTE
    - Dex
    - Wifi calling
    This took me a while to make so if you find this useful make sure to leave a like!

Download link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/k884fzb1kwylz/PIE9_OneUI_xFire_ROM
    v1.3.1 hotfix was released, it is a minor update meaning its not necessary to update, starting with v1.3 downloading is only avaliable from androidfilehost!
    v1.3.1 changelog:
    - Changing the model to G930 :good:
    - Due to the lack of an iris scanner on the Galaxy S7, this feature will be removed :good:
    - Inclusion of more CSC (if possible) Canceled till the next major update
    Finally version 1.3 is out!!
    v1.3 changelog:
    - S9 Wallpapers :good:
    - Latest Magisk manager Canceled No longer pre-rooted, for Magisk/Root please visit https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
    - Newer security patch :good:
    - Google TTS was removed :good:
    - Samsung GearManager was removed :good:
    - Line 2533 from the code was removed ~

Download Links :
    https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=301550
    It doesnt open download page but a login page with an error. Pls fix i really wanna try V1.3 :)
    The link was updated!
    For the moment it work great the only thing not working is the iris for unlock i will continue to test and let you know later and big thank for the update.
    The iris scanner hardware isn't present on the Galaxy S7 so that means its not possible to make use of this feature, with the next release i will try to remove that option.
    Thanks for the support!