• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Pie OTA received today for retail US edition

Search This thread

tuxattack80

Nov 29, 2012
Covington Kentucky
Ummmm can I roll back the upgrade? Miss the transparent background and the new gestures are absolutely horrible! Never was a fan of pie but motoz implementation of it sucks on their non Android one devices. And what's with this dark mode sh$# just give me holo design. Thank God I'm selling this phone! Samsung's one UI is so much better! And that's coming from a long term non impressed Motorola user

farsight73

Dec 29, 2010
Selangor
Yea.. just checked it and it was there available for pie update..

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Edit: How do we enable the system tools back? It used to be pressing the settings icon and it will rotates until you got notifiy for the system tools being enabled.

Last edited:

Jcanner

Mar 13, 2019
I checked today but nothing there. However, I have my sim in my new g7 power I bought after LSMA Killed the z3 and I sent it back to Texas. I wonder if WiFi isn't enough and you need a sim to get the update? I'm just gonna use this as a backup phone although the OLED screen was nicer than the g7 power.
J

Jcanner

Mar 13, 2019
Last night my daughter checked her z3 play and she got the update. Exact same phone as mine and same carrier. But not me. So pissed and jealous! IDK what their rollout strategy or method is but it blows.
J

Jcanner

Mar 13, 2019
Still no update. I keep checking. Did they turn off all future updates when I had to send it back to Texas when their update room booked it erasing the IMEI and disabling Wi-Fi?
J