• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[PIE][PORT][Non-root][PILL] Xperia 10 and 10 plus launcher + Fo Xperia XA2 Pie

Search This thread

serajr

Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
No I mean is like u selected search bar on drawer without touch it

Here's a video that I mean
http://https://youtu.be/5NYpINWpUlg
Oh, thx... got it! The drawer search bar automatically gets the focus, even without tapping on it.
Regarding workspace swipe down gesture to show up notifications panel, maybe I could get it working with api reflections (will try something when possible).

Edit. I've created a simple app to test the opening of the notifications and settings panels, via reflection. Could you please check it out and report back when possible?
For those interested in how to do that (java):

PHP:
private boolean expandNotificationsPanel(Context context) {	
    try {	
        Object service = context.getSystemService(Context.STATUS_BAR_SERVICE);
        Class<?> manager = Class.forName("android.app.StatusBarManager");
        Method m = manager.getMethod("expandNotificationsPanel");
        m.invoke(service);		
        return true;		
    } catch (ClassNotFoundException e0) {   
        Log.v("xx_log", e0.getMessage());		
    } catch (NoSuchMethodException e1) {    
        Log.v("xx_log", e1.getMessage());
    } catch (IllegalAccessException e2) {
        Log.v("xx_log", e2.getMessage());
    } catch (InvocationTargetException e3) {
        Log.v("xx_log", e3.getMessage());
    }
    return false;	
}

private boolean expandSettingsPanel(Context context) {
    try {
        Method m = manager.getMethod("expandSettingsPanel");
        m.invoke(service);
        return true;			
    }		
    return false;	
}

Tia.

Attachments

• Serajr_Testes.apk
    76.5 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Reactions: raziel zarafan

raziel zarafan

Nov 23, 2014
México
Oh, thx... got it! The drawer search bar automatically gets the focus, even without tapping on it.
Regarding workspace swipe down gesture to show up notifications panel, maybe I could get it working with api reflections (will try something when possible).

Edit. I've created a simple app to test the opening of the notifications and settings panels, via reflection. Could you please check it out and report back when possible?
For those interested in how to do that (java):

PHP:
private boolean expandNotificationsPanel(Context context) {	
    try {	
        Method m = manager.getMethod("expandNotificationsPanel");
        m.invoke(service);		
        return true;		
    }
    return false;	
}

private boolean expandSettingsPanel(Context context) {
    try {
        Method m = manager.getMethod("expandSettingsPanel");
        m.invoke(service);
        return true;			
    }		
    return false;	
}

Tia.

Thanks bro the app works well show notification bar and expand all notifications

Hi
I'm new in this thread, and after reading how you made it, the work done is amazing.
I got a Xperia XZ2 and I wanted a new launcher after updating to 10, and this save me from hating the stock one.
Now, I wanted to know something. You said pages ago that gesture navigation is not available in 10 without root. But after rooting, what do i need to do to get it work? you know how?
Thank you for making this happend! Hope you can help me

Reactions: serajr

Doume®®®

Jun 12, 2016
Paris
Hi
I'm new in this thread, and after reading how you made it, the work done is amazing.
I got a Xperia XZ2 and I wanted a new launcher after updating to 10, and this save me from hating the stock one.
Now, I wanted to know something. You said pages ago that gesture navigation is not available in 10 without root. But after rooting, what do i need to do to get it work? you know how?
Hello,
Check this post page 51
Yeah mate, on rooted phones it does work great!
But for my rooted XZ2 I've created a magisk module which also enables navigation gestures in settings, and more.
If you wanna give it a try, uninstall the modded apk and reboot your phone.
Install my magisk module from >> here <<.
I'll also release my xposed module with a bunch of new home launcher features, as you can see >> here << (stay tuned)!

Last edited:

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
Hi
Thank you!
Still needing help on this?

Hello,
Check this post page 51
Thanks for the reply!

I need review my magisk module. I guess I need to update it to latest magisk module template. But its contents (all apks) are working flawlessly on rooted devices (need to push folders/apks manually to destination and set proper permissions).

Edit: Magisk v20+ compatible module attached >> here <<

Last edited:
Reactions: Guinis

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
Reactions: user26335377

user26335377

Jan 13, 2020
Nova Launcher official statement regarding gestures on android 10!
Thanks for your searching in this, but, how I can understand, they said that gestures in 3-rd launchers can't be enabled on 10. And on Pie system should use gestures and recent's panel from launcher with package name "com.android.launcher3". And I suppose that it's need flag to enable gestures (in 10 launcher checks system settings, but on Pie such feature is not exists there). For example Paphonb's port he added flags to enable gestures into launcher's settings, and if this port has another package name, maybe it will workable without root. And if try to change something in your port like in xperia 10 port andd add relevant flags into launcher's settings, maybe it will work on Pie?
Sorry if I wrong, I don't know about coding, porting and so one a lot and it's just my mind.
PS. Sorry for my english.

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
Thanks for your searching in this, but, how I can understand, they said that gestures in 3-rd launchers can't be enabled on 10. And on Pie system should use gestures and recent's panel from launcher with package name "com.android.launcher3". And I suppose that it's need flag to enable gestures (in 10 launcher checks system settings, but on Pie such feature is not exists there). For example Paphonb's port he added flags to enable gestures into launcher's settings, and if this port has another package name, maybe it will workable without root. And if try to change something in your port like in xperia 10 port andd add relevant flags into launcher's settings, maybe it will work on Pie?
Sorry if I wrong, I don't know about coding, porting and so one a lot and it's just my mind.
PS. Sorry for my english.
Paphonb's ported android 10 launcher still needs to make use of a magisk module to enable/switch recents provider, so gestures seems to work, but root is needed (magisk).
Regarding the name of the apk package, the apk provided for Android 10 has already been renamed to com.android.launcher3 since the first time I shared it!
I'll share an android pie apk version as soon I have a spare time for this, ok (some rework is needed)!

Reactions: user26335377

user26335377

Jan 13, 2020
Paphonb's ported android 10 launcher still needs to make use of a magisk module to enable/switch recents provider, so gestures seems to work, but root is needed (magisk).
Maybe, I am mistaken, but it seems that one reason because paphonb's port requires root is it's package name and if it called "com.android.launcher3" with some changes like port from Xperia 10, maybe it could work without root/magisk.

Anyway thanks for your work!

If old one still works, make use of it. Or if you wanna help to fix up this issue, you may provide a logcat produced just after the fc occurs.

Anyone else?
I tried make a logcat, but CMD says "Access denied" [emoji2371]

I can't use older one, I can't uninstall this new one.

03-12 11:57:28.899 25727 25727 E AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
03-12 11:57:28.899 25727 25727 E AndroidRuntime: Process: com.android.wallpaper.livepicker, PID: 25727
03-12 11:57:28.899 25727 25727 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{com.android.wallpaper.livepicker/com.android.wallpaper.livepicker.LiveWallpaperChange}: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Can't convert value at index 1 to color: type=0x1
03-12 11:57:28.899 25727 25727 E AndroidRuntime: at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3276)
03-12 11:57:28.899 25727 25727 E AndroidRuntime: at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3415)
03-12 11:57:28.899 25727 25727 E AndroidRuntime: at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(LaunchActivityItem.java:83)
03-12 11:57:28.899 25727 25727 E AndroidRuntime: at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(TransactionExecutor.java:135)
03-12 11:57:28.899 25727 25727 E AndroidRuntime: at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(TransactionExecutor.java:95)
03-12 11:57:28.899 25727 25727 E AndroidRuntime: at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:2022)
03-12 11:57:28.899 25727 25727 E AndroidRuntime: at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:107)
03-12 11:57:28.899 25727 25727 E AndroidRuntime: at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:359)
03-12 11:57:28.899 25727 25727 E AndroidRuntime: at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7418)
03-12 11:57:28.899 25727 25727 E AndroidRuntime: at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
03-12 11:57:28.899 25727 25727 E AndroidRuntime: at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:492)
03-12 11:57:28.899 25727 25727 E AndroidRuntime: at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:935)
03-12 11:57:28.899 25727 25727 E AndroidRuntime: Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Can't convert value at index 1 to color: type=0x1
03-12 11:57:28.899 25727 25727 E AndroidRuntime: at android.content.res.TypedArray.getColor(TypedArray.java:532)
03-12 11:57:28.899 25727 25727 E AndroidRuntime: at android.app.Activity.onApplyThemeResource(Activity.java:4970)
03-12 11:57:28.899 25727 25727 E AndroidRuntime: at android.view.ContextThemeWrapper.initializeTheme(ContextThemeWrapper.java:216)
03-12 11:57:28.899 25727 25727 E AndroidRuntime: at android.view.ContextThemeWrapper.setTheme(ContextThemeWrapper.java:147)
03-12 11:57:28.899 25727 25727 E AndroidRuntime: at android.app.Activity.setTheme(Activity.java:4948)
03-12 11:57:28.899 25727 25727 E AndroidRuntime: at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3244)
03-12 11:57:28.899 25727 25727 E AndroidRuntime: ... 11 more

Odesláno z mého H9436 pomocí Tapatalk

Last edited:
G

GuestD2672

1st - https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/
2nd - https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz2/how-to/how-to-root-xz2-probably-xz2c-android-10-t4030775
(android 10)

Thank you so much. Ofc it helps (gonna check it out) :good:
Maybe today I may fresh install my xz2 and keep it unrooted, in order to try fixing all the remaining issues!

Edit. Got launcher working on my unrooted XZ2. Stay tunned!

Edit 2. Attached below is the working Xperia 5 Launcher for non-rooted android 10 devices (XZ2/C/P and XZ3 - Sony stock firmware ONLY), as well the proper WallpaperPicker.apk (11/12/13/... in the apk's title means the quantity of fixes I've made on it)!
But I can't get the two buttons and/or gestural modes working (commands >> here <<)! Maybe someone could help on this.

If you face any other fc/issue, please, do report with the "how to reproduce the issue" and the proper logcat, otherwise I cannot help out!

Some reports are welcome, please do that!
Enjoy it.
Will there be a module for xz1?

serajr

Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
G

GuestD2672

Thx, I'll check it out when life allows me!

You mean for android 9, right (afaik, XZ1 platform didn't receive stock android 10)?
If so, I still need to properly port it to android 9 (again, I need some spare time for this, no eta)!

I installed Android 10 LineageOs 17.1. Is it possible to adapt the launcher for this system? Thanks.

tomit___

Mar 14, 2020
Hi, everytime i install the Xperia home launcher and go to my home screen i get a pop up saying "xperia home stopped working"
i have tried every version of the apk's and it seems to not work on my xz2
can anyone help?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xperia finally updated their launcher!

Hey, so it has been a long long time since I have posted or even ported anything.

Finally, xperia updated the launcher and it was a must port for me.

The launcher should theoretically work on all xperia devices with android Pie (and sony software). I have currently tested it on Xperia XZP. You can also activate pill via an adb command.

Steps

Simply install the apk and then install the wallpaper apk and then reboot

If you want pill, you must use adb with your device.
    I will not be explaining how to use adb, there are many guides out there.
    But to activate pill simply use this adb command
    Code:
    adb shell settings put secure swipe_up_to_switch_apps_enabled 1

p.s the launcher will not override sony's built in launcher. But you cannot use Launcher3(Quickstep launcher) with it. The package name is com.android.launcher3.

FOR XPERIA XA2

Devices:
    Working :-
    Xperia XZ1
    Xperia XZP
    Xperia XZ2
    Xperia XZ3

Not Working :- (Testing needs to be done to get the app working on these, logcats also need to be provided)
    Known bugs :-
    Split screen causes force closeFixed v1.1
    Force Close on rotating Fixed v1.2
    More than 1 page in folder FC on rearrange Fixed v1.5
    App split shortcut not working

VERSIONS
    v1.3 If you plan on using pill with this launcher, this one might be the most stable option for you. Navbar replacement/shortcut apps should work with this as long as this launcher is the default (App close animation had to be slightly altered).

v1.4.1 first of all, both have recents working without pill

v1.4.2 second version has recents working with other launchers, but to do this, i had to remove app opening animation(not the gesture) from the recent, so If this is something you cant live without, go with v1.4.1, but if you wanna use other launchers, then this is the version you want

Hope you all enjoy it as much as i am.

Don't forget thanks button and feel free to donate

Thanks @TakuyaZ for providing the apks from the system dumps (and motivating me ;) )

Lastly, please do not use or repost my work without authorization, as this port was done for me and for a friend, took me at least 8 hours of constant work to get it to work properly and was not as easy and simple as copying from a system dump and uploading it and simply calling it a port.
    how can i root my xz2?
    1st - https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/
    2nd - https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz2/how-to/how-to-root-xz2-probably-xz2c-android-10-t4030775
    (android 10)

here is my logcat bro i hope it helps
    Thank you so much. Ofc it helps (gonna check it out) :good:
    Maybe today I may fresh install my xz2 and keep it unrooted, in order to try fixing all the remaining issues!

Edit. Got launcher working on my unrooted XZ2. Stay tunned!

Edit 2. Attached below is the working Xperia 5 Launcher for non-rooted android 10 devices (XZ2/C/P and XZ3 - Sony stock firmware ONLY), as well the proper WallpaperPicker.apk (11/12/13/... in the apk's title means the quantity of fixes I've made on it)!
    But I can't get the two buttons and/or gestural modes working (commands >> here <<)! Maybe someone could help on this.

If you face any other fc/issue, please, do report with the "how to reproduce the issue" and the proper logcat, otherwise I cannot help out!

Some reports are welcome, please do that!
    Enjoy it.
    @Sahaab
    I ported the Xperia 5 android Q (10) launcher to work on non-rooted devices, but I couldn't get the gestures (pill) to work. Did you change anything in the sources (smali) to make the pill work?
    In addition, I got the launcher working on my XZ1 running Android Pie (9) - distinct apk version.
    I may share the apks later, if I get everything working.

With root, it's easy to make it work, as you can see here (My exposed module will be released soon).

Tia!
    Update
    v1.3

- Can launch recents via other apps (e.g some shortcut manager or nav bar apps, etc)
    - Recents launch from other launchers does not FC anymore, and it opens up, but clicking on a recent says that App isnt available, so other launcher support still not there
    I myself have noticed the split screen bug, i will fix it tomorrow