• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[PIE][PORT][Non-root][PILL] Xperia 10 and 10 plus launcher + Fo Xperia XA2 Pie

Search This thread
Can anyone please tell me the following:

1. Is the new home launcher working for XZ2 non-root devices?
2. Are we able to have multiple home screens with this launcher?
3. What is the situation now with gestures for Android 10 non-rooted?

Thanks in advance

(1,2) For me, I'm using Android 10 on my XZ2 (non-root) and no problem with the Android 10 Port posted pages ago. Is completly working for me except for the Google page at the left.
(3) I searched many ways, but no one working for me, and root isn't an option. Hope someone else could tell us a way to do it.

Reactions: yx.wang

Trace.Oneil

(1,2) For me, I'm using Android 10 on my XZ2 (non-root) and no problem with the Android 10 Port posted pages ago. Is completly working for me except for the Google page at the left.
(3) I searched many ways, but no one working for me, and root isn't an option. Hope someone else could tell us a way to do it.

Thanks for your response. If the launcher is working on your XZ2,can you please let me know if you can have multiple home screens with this launcher?

Renzenryuken

Mar 19, 2020
Android 10 XZ2P

Seems like it's only Android 9 right ? Just tried it out

Last edited:
Of course you can [emoji846]

Odesláno z mého H9436 pomoc

Thanks,but are you sure of this? I had this launcher installed on my XZ2 running Pie back then andi could not get it to add extra home screens.
100% sure of it.

If you want to more screens, just grab an icon or widget and move it to the right side of the screen and new page will appears [emoji846]

Odesláno z mého H9436 pomocí Tapatalk

kevinhecox99

Jun 21, 2014
Hanoi
May I politely ask which part of the Launcher did you change to implement the changes to the Recents (Overview) screen from vertically stacked to horizontally stacked?
What's the library or what's the permission did you use to achieve this?

serajr

Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Apr 21, 2011
São Paulo - SP
May I politely ask which part of the Launcher did you change to implement the changes to the Recents (Overview) screen from vertically stacked to horizontally stacked?
What's the library or what's the permission did you use to achieve this?
I don't know if you are asking this for me or for the OP, but if you are referring to the Android 10 apk (from xperia 5) that I shared, the answer is:
- I really wouldn't know how to point you to where, and if something specific was changed for that, because the work was done on demand, so I made several changes. 99% of the changes were made in the *.smali files, so, you could decompile both apks, I mean, the one I shared here in this thread, and the other I shared in my xposed module thread (post #2 - which is the original/untouched apk from xperia 5 android 10), and do a compare in the \smali3\com\android\launcher3\ folders (including sub folders) - WinMerge (winmerge.org) does the job!

Last edited:

polo_naref

Oct 21, 2016
Interesting, but how exactly did you manage to hide back button only on home screen? I already use this app, but I can only permanently hide it witch is not my point. Back gesture doesn't work on Pie, am I wrong?
Edit: found a good trick here.

Last edited:

Samir96

Jul 4, 2014
Works flawlessly with my xz1 compact docomo pie

I use lawnchair hence i didn't get app shortcut in recent panel. Is there any workaround for this?

Secondly, app arrangements in recent kinda scrambled. Sometime confusing me

MarkMRL

Jul 1, 2011
Hello and thanks for this app, it works quite well. I have some doubts though. The swipe up gesture seems too sensitive, and it gets pretty annoying when I just want to pull up recents and it always pulls up the app drawer instead. Maybe because I'm using XZ1C and the space to do the swipe up gesture for recents is too small. Any chance you could tweak it to make it less sensitive? Or can I do it myself somehow?

Another oddness that may be normal (not sure), while in the Homescreen, if you swipe app from the docked apps, it pulls up the recent apps. Shouldn't it pull up the drawer unless I swipe up from the actual pill? Again, any way to tweak this?

Also, if you swipe up really fast, the docked apps do not fade out when you pull up the app drawer.

MarkMRL

Jul 1, 2011
I tested it on a recent phone that has the pill natively. It appears that if you swipe on icons from the app dock, the drawer is pulled up and not the recents. Recents is only pulled up if you swipe on the pill itself.
Any chance to optimized this to work like in other pilled phones?
I'll help with testing if necessary (I can't into programming). My phone is XZ1C on stock Pie.

SzH_P

Jun 2, 2020
Is there anyway to get the launcher with recent apps UI but still maintain the 3 buttons navigation? I used the launcher alongside Fluid navigation gesture and go to recent apps with it always give a slide down animation then Recent apps behind it. Also can the launcher change icon packs?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Xperia finally updated their launcher!

Hey, so it has been a long long time since I have posted or even ported anything.

Finally, xperia updated the launcher and it was a must port for me.

The launcher should theoretically work on all xperia devices with android Pie (and sony software). I have currently tested it on Xperia XZP. You can also activate pill via an adb command.

Steps

Simply install the apk and then install the wallpaper apk and then reboot

If you want pill, you must use adb with your device.
    I will not be explaining how to use adb, there are many guides out there.
    But to activate pill simply use this adb command
    Code:
    adb shell settings put secure swipe_up_to_switch_apps_enabled 1

p.s the launcher will not override sony's built in launcher. But you cannot use Launcher3(Quickstep launcher) with it. The package name is com.android.launcher3.

FOR XPERIA XA2

Devices:
    Working :-
    Xperia XZ1
    Xperia XZP
    Xperia XZ2
    Xperia XZ3

Not Working :- (Testing needs to be done to get the app working on these, logcats also need to be provided)
    Known bugs :-
    Split screen causes force closeFixed v1.1
    Force Close on rotating Fixed v1.2
    More than 1 page in folder FC on rearrange Fixed v1.5
    App split shortcut not working

VERSIONS
    v1.3 If you plan on using pill with this launcher, this one might be the most stable option for you. Navbar replacement/shortcut apps should work with this as long as this launcher is the default (App close animation had to be slightly altered).

v1.4.1 first of all, both have recents working without pill

v1.4.2 second version has recents working with other launchers, but to do this, i had to remove app opening animation(not the gesture) from the recent, so If this is something you cant live without, go with v1.4.1, but if you wanna use other launchers, then this is the version you want

Hope you all enjoy it as much as i am.

Don't forget thanks button and feel free to donate

Thanks @TakuyaZ for providing the apks from the system dumps (and motivating me ;) )

Lastly, please do not use or repost my work without authorization, as this port was done for me and for a friend, took me at least 8 hours of constant work to get it to work properly and was not as easy and simple as copying from a system dump and uploading it and simply calling it a port.
    how can i root my xz2?
    1st - https://developer.sony.com/develop/open-devices/get-started/unlock-bootloader/
    2nd - https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz2/how-to/how-to-root-xz2-probably-xz2c-android-10-t4030775
    (android 10)

here is my logcat bro i hope it helps
    Thank you so much. Ofc it helps (gonna check it out) :good:
    Maybe today I may fresh install my xz2 and keep it unrooted, in order to try fixing all the remaining issues!

Edit. Got launcher working on my unrooted XZ2. Stay tunned!

Edit 2. Attached below is the working Xperia 5 Launcher for non-rooted android 10 devices (XZ2/C/P and XZ3 - Sony stock firmware ONLY), as well the proper WallpaperPicker.apk (11/12/13/... in the apk's title means the quantity of fixes I've made on it)!
    But I can't get the two buttons and/or gestural modes working (commands >> here <<)! Maybe someone could help on this.

If you face any other fc/issue, please, do report with the "how to reproduce the issue" and the proper logcat, otherwise I cannot help out!

Some reports are welcome, please do that!
    Enjoy it.
    @Sahaab
    I ported the Xperia 5 android Q (10) launcher to work on non-rooted devices, but I couldn't get the gestures (pill) to work. Did you change anything in the sources (smali) to make the pill work?
    In addition, I got the launcher working on my XZ1 running Android Pie (9) - distinct apk version.
    I may share the apks later, if I get everything working.

With root, it's easy to make it work, as you can see here (My exposed module will be released soon).

Tia!
    Update
    v1.3

- Can launch recents via other apps (e.g some shortcut manager or nav bar apps, etc)
    - Recents launch from other launchers does not FC anymore, and it opens up, but clicking on a recent says that App isnt available, so other launcher support still not there
    I myself have noticed the split screen bug, i will fix it tomorrow