• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Pie] Project Treble for Xperia X

Search This thread

mbc07

Dec 12, 2013
Sony Xperia M
Sony Xperia X
Just a heads up. A while ago I got issues with the sensors on the stock firmware after trying some system mods (all sensors were gone, they didn't show in service menu nor in apps that tests the sensors). Another case was once I tested OmniROM beta and went back to stock firmware, sensors would work but were providing wrong readings (e.g. accelerometer and gyroscope registering movement even when the device was perfectly still, compass was pointing to the wrong direction, ambient light sensor were always reading 0, etc).

On both cases, what fixed the sensors was reflashing just the "PERSIST" partition from the stock FTF with Flashtool (you probably can do that with Emma too). So, if you're having sensor issues (no matter whether you're on stock or custom ROM), try that...

Loader009

Jul 6, 2012
The last time I tried flashing new images (which was one version from current latest) from the beginning, I got sensor issues. Maybe you could try it and report?
The downside of my method is data partition gets re-encrypted once you boot up with old Treble, and you have to format it again after the last step. If the latest Treble works without issues, it could save everyone from the hassle of reflashing and dealing with encryption.

Regarding TWRP, I used two versions for the whole process: The original TWRP-Q (w/o version number) for initial flashing and Gapps, and the Official (Stock) TWRP for Magisk and everything else. I know, this is not the correct way. I tried twrp-Q-3.3.1-v2.0.img once during initial flashing, and it failed both at formatting data and installing Gapps. Never bothered trying the other two versions, though.
One cool thing is, official TWRP has no problem accessing the encrypted internal storage.

I will do some tests and report, but that might take a month or two...
atm suzu works as daily for me and I am actually happy that it works.
Doing a backup, then wipe will take a few hours (if not a whole day), but I depend on it too much for now.

In about mid/late september I might get a new phone, then I am completely free to test out suzu and maybe try to build something for it.
But then I will move (again) to a new home and begin studying on october, so I really don't know how much time I will have for this.
(Though, I like tinkering and I will always spend time on it, no matter what.)

Sjll

Recognized Developer
Jun 4, 2017
Chongqing
Since there won't be any updates, how about you try it anyway? For Magisk I used official TWRP (only after everything works).

There are also something you should make sure:
- You were coming from fresh, unmodded .118 stock firmware
- You formatted data instead of wiped it
- You flashed vendor.img to cache partition
- Your GSI is compatible (Arm64, A-only). I suggest trying this LOS build for once.

Could you please test new version's performance and feedback? It should support Android Q GSI of Erfans.

SteelK

Jan 30, 2015
Hello, is there a way when using Treble to be able to pay for purchases via NFC? All problems associated with Magisk have been resolved; we are interested in the work of the NFC module itself for payment.

lookmanns14

Jul 17, 2018
Nfc works again (no more crash),camera working fine,overall smooth (not for gaming) than old Sodp kernel but battery not so impressive that what I noticed in latest update...btw good job for making Sodp kernel usable :cowboy:

-V20190811
-Gsi : Descendant 4.0.1

Last edited:

iH8Ecchi

Jan 27, 2014
Planeptune
Could you please test new version's performance and feedback? It should support Android Q GSI of Erfans.

Did you make any modifications to SODP kernel? I remember gaming performance in SODP was abyssmal, while this one is performing pretty okay. I still get frame dips in PPSSPP Emulator, but native Android games are running well. Pavel's kernel still has better performance, I think.

Other things I noticed (V20190811, GSI: lineage-16.0-20190811-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_avN):
- Sensors error are gone now. Should no longer requires dirty flashing.
- NFC and Offline charging seems to work now.
- Raw10 works. Gcam performance seems to be better.
- Heat and battery life is not good. I suggest dropping overclock, since I believe the problem with SODP's performance is due to throttling and not because of low boost clock.

Efrans' Android Q (latest version) is still throwing bootloops. I tried another port of his (Oxygen OS), and it couldn't even reach boot screen.

lookmanns14

Jul 17, 2018
Did you make any modifications to SODP kernel? I remember gaming performance in SODP was abyssmal, while this one is performing pretty okay. I still get frame dips in PPSSPP Emulator, but native Android games are running well. Pavel's kernel still has better performance, I think.
There is no cpu hotplugging in pavel kernel,that why performance and gaming is better but heating so fast,A soul for a soul :laugh:

Sjll

Recognized Developer
Jun 4, 2017
Chongqing
Nfc works again (no more crash),camera working fine,overall smooth (not for gaming) than old Sodp kernel but battery not so impressive that what I noticed in latest update...btw good job for making Sodp kernel usable :cowboy:

-V20190811
-Gsi : Descendant 4.0.1
Thanks a lot, if I want to update treble files, I need to follow SODP. I could upload the new version without testing on phone.

Other things I noticed (V20190811, GSI: lineage-16.0-20190811-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_avN):
- Sensors error are gone now. Should no longer requires dirty flashing.
- NFC and Offline charging seems to work now.
- Raw10 works. Gcam performance seems to be better.
- Heat and battery life is not good. I suggest dropping overclock, since I believe the problem with SODP's performance is due to throttling and not because of low boost clock.

Efrans' Android Q (latest version) is still throwing bootloops. I tried another port of his (Oxygen OS), and it couldn't even reach boot screen.

No, I just disabled CPU_QUIET of SODP kernel, it will make our device lag. The kernel is not overclocked. About Android Q, they reported it works on treble of XZ Premium.

There is no cpu hotplugging in pavel kernel,that why performance and gaming is better but heating so fast,A soul for a soul :laugh:
I will build a new version which add thermal control today.

For simple actions, NFC works. NFC did NOT work when trying to pay through it. Is it fixed now?
Sorry,I can't test it without phone, I could only update.

Sjll

Recognized Developer
Jun 4, 2017
Chongqing
Can I get a tutorial of how to disable it on other kernels? A bunch of other ROMs (such as Omni and PA) are also having performance issues since they follow SODP kernel.
See this commit.
https://github.com/sjllls/kernel/commit/3d88025f33a61620c35fa8f44eae697a64535b64

One more why all Sodp based rom got random reboot,even Sodp rom itself got too.
Because SODP-Pie is still in developing status, it's not stable as Oreo. SODP-Q will come soon.

Try new version and feedback to me the performance and temperature, plz.

iH8Ecchi

Jan 27, 2014
Planeptune
See this commit.
https://github.com/sjllls/kernel/commit/3d88025f33a61620c35fa8f44eae697a64535b64

Because SODP-Pie is still in developing status, it's not stable as Oreo. SODP-Q will come soon.

What was changed in today's build compared to yesterday? I didn't do detailed tests, but battery seems to be better while performance is waaaay worse. Which is, well... not good.

Also, can you link the post where android Q is reported booting on XZP forum? I suspect that an older build of Q was compatible and booted, while the newest one isn't.

EDIT: Thinking of it, Pavel's kernel in V20190702 hit the balance between performance/battery for me. With LOS 16 and a few tweaks I could get 5 hours of SOT when not gaming, and performance is very good when you demand it. Unfortunately, it had problems with Raw10 and Offline charging, and also crashed quite often.

EDIT #2: I flashed back V20190811 in my LOS backup. Turns out, with a few tweaks applied, the battery life on this build is pretty decent. I guess we're pretty close to the sweet spot.

Last edited:

lookmanns14

Jul 17, 2018
So it reduce heat and battery seems to be better,my current room temperature is 31°C.While charging my phone,battery goes 36.5°C and Soc around 34°C.

For normal use I just use social media and stream music the temperature is same for battery but got lower temperature for Soc around 31°C - 27°C (in front fan i got 20°C-19°C for Soc)

Performance not to good,but its good for battery life
Edited:its okay I use LKT magisk module with performance profile,now performance much better

For Xperia X :
-Stock kernel is King but EOL
-4.9 Sodp kernel is for battery life,worse performance for gaming
-4.9 Pavel's Kernel is best performance in everything but phone easily hot

there must be something wrong with Sony phone :laugh:

Last edited:

iH8Ecchi

Jan 27, 2014
Planeptune
Edit:For Xperia X :
-Stock kernel is King but EOL
-4.9 Sodp kernel is for battery life,worse performance for gaming
-4.9 Pavel's Kernel is best performance in everything but phone easily hot

there must be something wrong with this phone :laugh:

My go-to setup for the last month was to install Treble with Pavel's kernel, then underclock it heavily (1.2GHz for big cores). That way I could maintain decent battery life, and can also get good performance on demand.
Also, stock kernel is kind of weird. Chippa_a's LOS builds are all based on modified stock kernels, but they all throttle frequently and performance is suboptimal.

lookmanns14

Jul 17, 2018
Also, stock kernel is kind of weird. Chippa_a's LOS builds are all based on modified stock kernels, but they all throttle frequently and performance is suboptimal.
Yup,with audio bug and sd file transfer problem but it suitable for daily use for those who really want pie for X because no random reboot problem

Last edited:

Sjll

Recognized Developer
Jun 4, 2017
Chongqing
My go-to setup for the last month was to install Treble with Pavel's kernel, then underclock it heavily (1.2GHz for big cores). That way I could maintain decent battery life, and can also get good performance on demand.

Yup,with audio bug and sd file transfer problem but it suitable for daily use for those who really want pie for X because no random reboot problem

Using the attach file replace the same on in vendor/etc, test performance again, please.

Attachments

• rqbalance_config.xml
    3.8 KB · Views: 33

lookmanns14

Jul 17, 2018
Using the attach file replace the same on in vendor/etc, test performance again, please.
The file is on system/vendor/etc btw this is great I can play game again now without LKT module.Can we enable Mp decision,Vdd restriction or core throttle in this thing (kernel)? for better temperature,the only problem temperature raise up quickly when gaming(around 46°C in game)..BATTERY IS BETTER NOW

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Project Treble For Xperia X​
    Based on Sony Open Devices​
    Thanks to Pavel's Kernel
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,.​
    Suitable for F5121 and F5122
    Reboot after your first boot please!

请中文用户遵守XDA规则,使用双语留言

If Your Camera doesn't work, see #141 please

Required files:

Our treble file could support Erfans's Android Q GSI, You need to flash this fix.
    If you meet crash, you need to delete vendor/overlay.
    If you meet endless bootanimite, Try to force reboot.

[New SODP Kernel version]
    V20190812:Link With: SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_9.0_2.3.2_v9_loire.zip
    V20190811:Link With: SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_9.0_2.3.2_v9_loire.zip

[Pavel's Kernel versions]
    V20190702:Link With: SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_9.0_2.3.2_v9_loire.zip
    V20190503:Link With: SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_9.0_2.3.2_v8_loire.zip
    V20190501:Link With: SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_9.0_2.3.2_v8_loire.zip

[Old SODP Kernel versions]
    V20190429:Link With: SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_9.0_2.3.2_v8_loire.zip
    V20190323:Link With: SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_9.0_2.3.2_v7_loire.zip
    V20190210:Link With: SW_binaries_for_Xperia_Android_9.0_2.3.2_v5_loire.zip

[OEM-File]
    DownloadLink

[TWRP-Q]
    DownloadLink

How to go Treble?

First: Flash Twrp I built which supports a Vendor Partition
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery < Path of recovery.img >
    Second:Wipe Data and Cache, then flash Treble-X-sjll-XXX.zip in Twrp .
    Notice:If you failed when flashing Treble-X-sjll-XXX.zip in Twrp or can't boot into desktop. Please do follwing command:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot < Path of boot.img >
    Code:
    fastboot flash cache < Path of vendor.img >
    Third: flash SW_binaries provided by Sony.
    You can download it from Sony official website.
    Code:
    fastboot flash oem < Path of OEM.img >

Optional step If treble file without system
    Fourth: Flash a GSI compatible System image and boot!
    Code:
    fastboot flash system < Path of GSI-System.img >

Google Camera Guide:
    1.Gcam must work with Google play services.
    2. Suzu doesn't support raw Format Raw10, we should set raw Format to Raw Sensor .
    3.We should set Viewfinder Format to YUV_420_888
    4.Please enable: Buffer Fix to Fix viewfinder lags.
    5. Suzu only support Init SlowMo at 120 FPS

Recommend Gcam Version:
    ARNOVA8G2 Link
    Gcam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.7beta3.190707.0105.apk
    Gcam_6.2.030_Advanced_V2.2beta5.190704.1015.apk

Update and known BUG:
    20190812:
    Update:
    1. Thermal back, you will not hot in this summer.
    2. CPU quiet back, suzu will be cold as ice.
    3. F2FS support for cache(Qnovo) and userdata partitions.

20190811:
    Update:
    1. Go back to SODP kernel.
    2. Performance and stability improve.
    3. A lot of Fixes of SODP.

20190716:
    Update:
    1. New twrp-Q uploaded.

V20190702:
    Fixes:
    1. Cancel OverClock.
    2.New CAF imported in kernel.
    3.Forcecryptable canceled. If you upgrade from old version, you need to format userdata and use new TWRP-Q.
    Bugs:
    Need feedback.

V20190503:
    Fixes:
    1. New PowerHAL.
    Bugs:
    Need feedback.

V20190501:
    Fixes:
    1. Use Pavel's kernel source codes.
    2. Quick Charge 3.0 works fine.
    Bugs:
    Need feedback.

V20190210:
    Bugs:
    1. Quick Charge is broken, you can use computer USB port charge.
    2. Camera doesn't work on first boot, you need to reboot.

Source Codes
    Sjll
    Kernel
    Contributors
    Sjll @Cubbins
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Paypal
    I am very happy to receive your donation.

Version Information

Created 2019-02-10
    Last Updated 2019-08-12
    Edited:Just flashed ViperOS...boot and works perfectly..for those who have no idea to install this project treble,here is the step(If you dont understand,please watch the video till end for full explanation)

You need TWRP For Project Treble (Check OP)

1.Flash Base Rom
    1.a -Flash Xperia X treble (Base Rom)(Before flash this,you need to factory reset)
    1.b-Flash OEM

2.Flash GSI
    2.a-Find Compatible system.img (Before flash this,you need wipe[dalvik cache,system,data,cache]
    2.b-Flash img

For Gapps(something tricky here)

Twrp Password/Encrypted

I solved encryted problem by flashing Disable forceEncrypt script and format data..but twrp still show 0mb internal storage..then I decide to flash twrp 3.2.3-2 from Chippa_a..and its work..I can mount to internal storage now..but not sure if this twrp work with treble

Thanks To @Sjll for this awesome work:good:
    Is the new Pie navbar already included in the ROM or do I have to install it manually?
    all pie rom have gesture navbar
    Screenshot:victory:
    How is camera quality compared to stock?
    like other custom rom with oem kernel:eek: