pinning app when gestures enabled: how to get out of lock?

Search This thread

bozinsky73

Dec 30, 2014
Xiaomi Poco F3
I everybody,

it happens that sometimes I inadvertently press the pin icon for an app, in app recents screen, and I get the greenish notification that advise me I've locked the app and I can unlock it pressing HOME button and POWER (physical) button. But having gestures enabled, I don't have home button anymore. Even the two side buttons (recent and back) are disabled, so the typical way to unlock cannot works.

At last, I can't find any setting related to this function.

I'm on global 12.0.3 Poco F2 Pro .

Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions.

Eidenz

Hi,

This is a known issue since the Pocophone F1, and ofc it's back in the Poco F2 Pro as well (and some other xiaomi devices I suppose..).

I don't think there is a way to remove the pin button unfortunately. However, there is a work-around if you accidentally press it:
do not click "OK" on the message after pressing the pin button, lock your phone instead. By doing so, your app won't get pinned, as it only really pins it after pressing "OK" on the popup message.

Note: if you already pressed "OK", the only way I know to get off the app is to restart your phone...

bozinsky73

Dec 30, 2014
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi,

This is a known issue since the Pocophone F1, and ofc it's back in the Poco F2 Pro as well (and some other xiaomi devices I suppose..).

I don't think there is a way to remove the pin button unfortunately. However, there is a work-around if you accidentally press it:
do not click "OK" on the message after pressing the pin button, lock your phone instead. By doing so, your app won't get pinned, as it only really pins it after pressing "OK" on the popup message.

Note: if you already pressed "OK", the only way I know to get off the app is to restart your phone...

Thanks my friend! That's my 1st Xiaomi phone :good: