PIQ + mobitee let us with a expensive piece of garbage.

Search This thread

LEP4To

Aug 2, 2021
Hello forum; I have used your post a lot for many years but I had never been encouraged to write anything; First of all, I would like to apologize if someone offends that the first post I publish is a petition; but a little story below

The company PIQ was previously dedicated to developing sports products that used an application and due to the covid 19 pandemic they have simply gone bankrupt and many of the people who bought their devices simply cannot use it anymore.

The application uses an authentication system with an SMS code to the cell phone where it is installed and all its servers are closed; which leaves all its users swimming in nowhere; I have read in various forums that some athletes have lost up to 5 years of training history which is really unfortunate; (Although it is also regrettable not to make a backup of your files it is not the case of the post)

I'm not sure if the app cannot be downloaded from the play store so it will be put here:

The application cannot be logged in or if the athlete loses their phone they will not be able to use the device again; with which it would be good to have any of the following options:

1. Is there any way in which you can bypass the login; it wouldn't matter if you couldn't track the statistics if you could at least use the hardware;
2. Is there any way in which the data packet sent by the NFC sensors can be used in another APP ???

finally; the application could be modified so that it does not work with an API on a private server, but rather save the local statistics:
I've been playing around a bit; I'm not really an expert; I have decompiled a couple of files and it seems to me that the one that might be of interest is called AccountManager.java located in

\ com \ mobitee \ base \ core \ managers

I appreciate it if someone can give me a hand since my knowledge is limited; Could you suggest to me where to start reading to get to some point:

Several users and even brands that worked with the company joined to request that they submit an open-source code or a GitHub project but I have not been able to find a clear answer to the issue yet.

LEP4To

Aug 2, 2021
Here it is uploaded, Thanks for asking!

Attachments

• Mobitee and PIQ_v3.1.7.5005.apk
    33.8 MB · Views: 54

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Sorry for not answering; yesterday was too late for me... if you are asking if they can be only installed via Apk file; unfortunately yes; it is out now from the play store...
No worries.
That should be a warning in itself. Getting away from this app is the best solution. The data may just be lost.

I lost 2 websites because I used Google Picasso to create them. Wasted time.

LEP4To

Aug 2, 2021
th
No worries.
That should be a warning in itself. Getting away from this app is the best solution. The data may just be lost.

the problem is not leaving the application aside; The boring thing is that almost 250usd was paid for a sports system that in this case was golf and it was useless when changing phones ...

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
th

the problem is not leaving the application aside; The boring thing is that almost 250usd was paid for a sports system that in this case was golf and it was useless when changing phones ...
That sucks. Was that in the EULA?
You may have legal recourse. Try nice first.

There probably is a way to trick it by editing it's code but that's beyond my capabilities.
However this is a site full of hawkers...

LEP4To

Aug 2, 2021
That sucks. Was that in the EULA?
You may have legal recourse. Try nice first.

There probably is a way to trick it by editing it's code but that's beyond my capabilities.
However this is a site full of hawkers...
I know, Maybe somebody could help here...

On the other hand, I can not find EULA since the page is down now, but on the web page too many times a banner says "unlimited updates for life"; I think those guys were pretty confident to not go to bankruptcy

I can check for something on the web cache...

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I know, Maybe somebody could help here...

On the other hand, I can not find EULA since the page is down now, but on the web page too many times a banner says "unlimited updates for life"; I think those guys were pretty confident to not go to bankruptcy

I can check for something on the web cache...
Sounds like a lost cause if the site is down.
Sometimes you need to copy your data any way you can even writing it down by hand.
Been there, lost data...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to XDA 🤗

So you're saying it's a side loaded apk?
    Sorry for not answering; yesterday was too late for me... if you are asking if they can be only installed via Apk file; unfortunately yes; it is out now from the play store...
    th
    No worries.