PIT file for S7 Edge Required

Search This thread

lazers378

Aug 1, 2011
Hi all, I know somewhat about flashing but when it comes to PIT file I have absolutely no idea. Just read about what it is. Now the question, from where I would get my phone's PIT file. I cannot extract it from phone as only download screen is accessible on it. Details are phone are below,

S7 Edge - 32 GB
SM-G935F
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Custom
FRP Lock: OFF
Warrant Void: 0 (0x0000)
RP SWREV: B:8 K:5 S:7

I remember that B:8 was actually 7 but I think I flashed (unsuccessful) next binary so it got updated.

I need the PIT file. Does it also holds internal storage capacity information ?

Chaudhry69

Aug 16, 2019
Behind Enemy Lines
As a matter of fact pit (partition information table if memory serves me right) does hold the information for storage. But, I wonder how you ended up screwing it, it's like the most unbrickable thing. What is the error odin showing when you flash the firmware.

I would recommend xsg latest build from samfirm as it contains csc for Pakistan.

lazers378

Aug 1, 2011
As a matter of fact pit (partition information table if memory serves me right) does hold the information for storage. But, I wonder how you ended up screwing it, it's like the most unbrickable thing. What is the error odin showing when you flash the firmware.

I would recommend xsg latest build from samfirm as it contains csc for Pakistan.
Well I did nothing to start with. I tried to factory reset to phone from settings and ended up on boot loop. Have been trying flashing since then but of no use. Someone said its memory might be bad, dont know what other reason could be there. Strange if memory went bad of this phone, its too early for that. I have my HTC sensation which I started some time back and that was working fine :).

lazers378

Aug 1, 2011
It just starts flashing, progress bar starts and then file copy fails after a little while.

lazers378

Aug 1, 2011

message <ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed. is the message i get while flashing. I have another thread https://xdaforums.com/t/s7-edge-boo...ery-stock-rom-unrooted.4157363/#post-84324697 in which someone helped me but in the end i was still not able to flash. It starts copying, progress bar starts and then fails after a while. Can you please share the link you mnetioned on sam firmware xsg ? Maybe I can try one more time.

Chaudhry69

Aug 16, 2019
Behind Enemy Lines
message <ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed. is the message i get while flashing. I have another thread https://xdaforums.com/t/s7-edge-boo...ery-stock-rom-unrooted.4157363/#post-84324697 in which someone helped me but in the end i was still not able to flash. It starts copying, progress bar starts and then fails after a while. Can you please share the link you mnetioned on sam firmware xsg ? Maybe I can try one more time.
Well, as the nice folks over there said, region doesn't matter. It is true somewhat if you are not after some very specefic feature like vowifi, volte etc. For your peace of mind, here is a link to XSG Firmware, pick the latest. How to flash;
  1. Download the firmware greater than or equal to your current bl, k and S ver.
  2. Extract the zip.
  3. Extract pit from csc.
  4. Deselect auto reboot. Select all other options.
  5. Attach pit and flash all except home_csc.
Why it happened?
  1. Either the flash is damaged, Can be Million reasons other than age.
  2. OR Some how bootloader or modem is messed up.
Latter will be fixed by an odin flash. If nothing works give twrp a try. Knox will trip but better than having a dead phone. If twrp works, install stock debloated rom and enjoy the company of a legendary deveice while it lasts.