[PIT] Stock PIT file thread

Search This thread

dasmoover

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2010
Here is a potential working PIT file for the P600 on MK1 (32gb):

http://relic.gdiny.com/~dasmoover/android/sgn10/p600_MK1.pit

I encourage other members with different devices and different ROM versions to run this command and upload your results:

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/devicemodel_romversion.pit bs=1 skip=17408 count=4244

You can check the layout in the tool PIT Magic:

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/pit-magic-lets-you-create-analyze-and-edit-samsung-pit-files/

Hope this helps a few people out.

I will update the thread as new models and versions are posted.

Thanks.

Attachments

• PIT_Analysis_P600_MK1.txt
    17 KB · Views: 921
Last edited:

lsherif

Apr 11, 2008
Cairo
Thanks for creating this useful thread :)

And here`s mine , P601 variant 16GB - MJB :)

Attachments

• P601_MJ8_16GB.rar
    126 bytes · Views: 1,220
Last edited:

FusionX

Nov 15, 2008
NY
Here is a potential working PIT file for the P600 on MK1 (32gb):

http://relic.gdiny.com/~dasmoover/android/sgn10/p600_MK1.pit

I encourage other members with different devices and different ROM versions to run this command and upload your results:

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 of=/sdcard/devicemodel_romversion.pit bs=1 skip=17408 count=4244

You can check the layout in the tool PIT Magic:

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/pit-magic-lets-you-create-analyze-and-edit-samsung-pit-files/

Hope this helps a few people out.

I will update the thread as new models and versions are posted.

Thanks.

I did a windiff on our 2 analysis files and the only difference was the file names and dates.. shouldn't they have had some variance due to 32 vs 16 gb?

biohazardious

Dec 25, 2006
Ankara
baybars.co
Here is mine. I guess it is only useful for ppl who is from Turkey cos Samsung created a model which called sm-p602 only for here (Which is almost same with p601 but dont have phone call feature. Meanwhile i am trying to port p601 firmware to this device but i dont have a useful pit. I tried lsherif's pit file yet seems like there are a problem with the pit cos it is not re-partitioning my device and also when i check with pit magic i got error. So an 16 gb sm-p601 pit will be useful if someone upload :)

Attachments

• SMP602_16gb.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 201

asaqwert

Apr 5, 2011
Any update to this sm-p600 pit file anyone? If anyone found signed one please share this will help a lot of users. Thanks

Sorry to ask such a stupid question...but what the heck does a PIT file do that helps out? Not trying to be an ass, just don't get it. Or is it just another name for the firmware file?

don't recall it being called a PIT when i was working on my previous samsung devices anyways....i had one of these tablets but returned it because there was zero dev going on - now there's a small amount, but it's just not seeming to be worth the huge cost of the device to me. Which sucks, because it's a killer unit... if samsung was to release the LTE model in north america then that would be more alluring... HEAR ME SAMSUNG? RELEASE IT DAMNIT!

slovik1024

Nov 26, 2013
Hello i tried to execute the script but it doesn't work. I see cmd screen opening and closing very fast. Can somebody make a tuto to extract .pit file.

Thanks

dasmoover

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2010
The PIT Files are essentially useless unless we find a signed version or another method of flashing it to the device.

Tautvaldas

Jan 4, 2011
Hello. Can someone upload sm-p605 16GB pit file. I bricked my tablet so I can't do anything, and I think I damaged my hidden - /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 I guess I was formatted it wrong format. I can't flash any ROM's via Odin, I can flash recovery, root using Odin.

meks007

Jun 28, 2010
Hello. Can someone upload sm-p605 16GB pit file. I bricked my tablet so I can't do anything, and I think I damaged my hidden - /dev/block/mmcblk0p25 I guess I was formatted it wrong format. I can't flash any ROM's via Odin, I can flash recovery, root using Odin.

P605 MJ9

Attachments

• P605XXUBMJ9.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 1,235

tuannghia1985

Jun 5, 2007
Hello i tried to execute the script but it doesn't work. I see cmd screen opening and closing very fast. Can somebody make a tuto to extract .pit file.

Thanks

You need a proper root - Super SU; a proper installed Busybox then plug it into PC, open EFS professional or some program that allow to extract all partition you need. That's at least thing I knew from owning Note 2.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone