Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Amjad.AbdulGhani

Oct 13, 2016
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
is there one for UK?

But expect a very delayed shipping.. Only US gets a good fast delivery, for me:

Pre ordered 3rd of nov (first pre ordering day)
Email notification that its shipped on 16th of nov
Actual shipping record 18th
Handed over to shipping company on 20th
Until now its sitting in Hong Kong and didn't move (today is 25th here)

I personally gave up on tracking or emailing or complaining, i heard every excuse in the world, but not that they did a mistake or are wrong. I even was attacked here in this thread coz of complaining.. Simply gave up..

Jaxidian

Sep 19, 2010
Indianapolis
got mines today as well. Love the case .. I typically go naked as I dont like the added thickness to the phone with cases even with slim ones but really like this one. Been rocking the Google fabric case which it looks and feels nice, only thing i didnt like was the added thickness to the width. I'll probably sell the fabric one and keep the Pitaka. I personally dont mind the minimal protection to the front. Awesome case!

Interested in trading your fabric one for a mint blue Speck Presidio Grip case so you have a rugged case as well? I have one in perfect condition that I'll never use but I've been looking to get a Google cloth case. Should save us some PayPal fees if you're interested. PM me if you're interested or hit me up on Twitter: @Jaxidian

an21281

I have a magnetic car mount. Will it work out of the box?

Yes I just tested it out.

Looks like theres a new real cf case coming out(by Simply Carbon Fiber), now in pre order. Looks good but not fully carbon fiber. Thinking about pre ordering...

IMG_5930_20559c5b-f0d2-484e-90ce-a74d363b02f9.jpg

https://www.simplycarbonfiber.com/products/google-pixel-2-xl-carbon-fiber-case?variant=1365562589197

Reactions: Jeremy

lacibaci

Feb 14, 2013
I'm very disappointed in the case fit and finish. The fingerprint sensor cutout is off center.

A case at this price should be nothing less than perfect.

I mentioned the same to their support (I have Pixel 2) and here is what they told me:
"It is defective according to our standard. The problem was because we don't own the real phone in production and Google doesn't sell in China where our production was, and which means we may have some off-central cutouts slip away. But we've definitely solved this problem and thanks a lot for your pictures."

The good news is that they are sending a replacement.

millerd79

Feb 25, 2008
Ft Lauderdale
I mentioned the same to their support (I have Pixel 2) and here is what they told me:
"It is defective according to our standard. The problem was because we don't own the real phone in production and Google doesn't sell in China where our production was, and which means we may have some off-central cutouts slip away. But we've definitely solved this problem and thanks a lot for your pictures."

I've been trying to chat with them via FB messenger for 2 days and they haven't responded to me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pdubzzle83

Dec 4, 2014

they gave me 50% of my money back or a vent mag mount , I chose the 50 % back, i wish they would of sent me a new one, and they said the same thing to me.

InfiniteReality

Jan 16, 2008
Lake Charles
Mine came in Friday as promised. I love this thing, definitely thicker than my MNML but feels way better in my hand and much more grip. Definitely would recommend

machostallion

Apr 21, 2010
DC
I just got one of these. Has anyone tried putting a dbrand skin over it. Just wondering on the fit.

I like the case. Seems very tough for being thin. Not much shock absorption though for long falls on a hard surface. Might look into adding a TG screen protector if it won't interfere with the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just got the case, love it !!! quality is just as expected from kevlar cases. The camera is flushed with the case (i feel that it is slightly, just slightly raised to protect the camera which is a plus).
    The lips of the case is not raise up to protect the screen though, but the edge is perfectly cut to the metal sides which makes it feels really natural to hold. If it is raised further, i think dust can be easily trap in side like the original google case so i think its fine for me, personally.
    NOTE: this is not a carbon fibre case, its made of 100% kevlar/aramid. Carbon fibre as a case would have interference with signals.
    PROTIP: when trying to remove the case, work from the buttom edge and slowly upwards along the power/volume side (i find it slightly easier on this side).

MOD EDIT: LINK REMOVED

Per the forum rules, posting affiliate links on XDA is not allowed:
    13. Advertising and Income Generation

Commercial advertising, advertising referral links, pay-per-click links, all forms of crypto-mining and other income generating methods are forbidden. Do not use XDA-Developers as a means to make money.

THREAD CLOSED
    Let the pictures do that talking
    fjXVziY.jpg

4Ew1tX5.jpg

9zfoAdB.jpg

kizGHbX.jpg

SUYtoub.jpg

LvPkBZp.jpg

B953GZe.jpg

bBs6kq0.jpg
    Actually one day earlier than expected, I received the Pitaka MagCase today.

The case really is thin at the same time does it seem to be rock solid.
    But to be honest, it probably won't offer too much protection in case of dropping the Pixel 2 XL to the floor.

Here just a few quick shots of the MagCase and two comparision shots to a Ringke Fusion.
    As I am still in the office I couldn't test the magnetic back, but I guess it should work with a magnetic car mount.

Not sure yet if I am going to keep the MagCase.
    It looks fantastic and it really fells great holding in your hand.
    Still, I think it just offers a bit too little protection, especially as I'm into trailrunning, skiing, mountainbiking,...

Oh yeah, once you have the Pitaka MagCase on your Pixel 2 XL beware, it takes quite a bit of strength and fiddeling to get the case off your device again...
    I have a magnetic car mount. Will it work out of the box?

Worked for me with my existing Anker mount. I have an Anker plate in my OG Pixel XL's case, but did not need it with this case.

anker-magnetic-car-deals.jpg
    Seems like you are the only person having problems.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I just chatted with them through Facebook and they said they just got stock and my order will ship tomorrow. FYI