• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Pitch Black Recovery Project based on TWRP (SM-A750FN/..)

Search This thread

Krys89

Apr 19, 2021
Hello I wanna tray to compile width community a recovery because all posted TWRP'S for SM-A750FN/DS are unbotablle. From page 4 was booted but not properly and stayed in bootloop. (for some reason my Fastboot mode on device don't initialize on phone, means I flash just over download mode) I was trying all recovery a month without success. Because of this reasons I was do decision that I wanna tray to compile a recovery. For this project I place for help to collect all relevant data and how they should and must be sorted in dictionary. And for changes in files for recovery itself, exist enough tutorials. My first question it is how do download the from relevant page the Source Code Android and if I need it to compile a recovery, in principle im a noob. Have Experience to compile Linux Kernel but not width android. I work on MAC OS Big Sur and Pitch Black Recovery Project is based on TWRP. For any advice I will be grateful. I work long on projects and thorough.
Found:
Samsung Open Source SM-A750FN
Source Code Android ... Android Open Source
Establishing a Build Environment
Pitch Black Recovery ... guide-XDA by Dees_Troy
[NOOB FRIENDLY]How to compile TWRP from source step by step by Hacker432
Samloader ... Factory firmware for SM-A750FN or other Samsung Devices
Twrp Device Tree Generator
build.prop of my device
exynos7885 - Recovery Device Tree for the 2019 Samsung Galaxy Tab A [SM-T515]
minimal-manifest-twrp
The Build System by oreilly.com
Building Android O with a Mac
TWRP Tree From Scratch - YouTube
[DEV]How to compile TWRP touch recovery XDA

Exemple
Final_Home-1-ot38nd9srdphzpjbqd88rotbuffd5ortaljkw4g3k2.png

Models
Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-18 um 10.24.38.png

Last edited:

play 5

May 29, 2018
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018)
Hello I wanna tray to compile width community a recovery because all posted TWRP'S for SM-A750FN/DS are unbotablle. From page 4 was booted but not properly and stayed in bootloop. (for some reason my Fastboot mode on device don't initialize on phone, means I flash just over download mode) I was trying all recovery a month without success. Because of this reasons I was do decision that I wanna tray to compile a recovery. For this project I place for help to collect all relevant data and how they should and must be sorted in dictionary. And for changes in files for recovery itself, exist enough tutorials. My first question it is how do download the Source Code Android and if I need it to compile a recovery, in principle im a noob. Have Experience to compile Linux Kernel but not width android. I work on MAC OS Big Sur and Pitch Black Recovery Project is based on TWRP. For any advice I will be grateful. I work long on projects and thorough.
Found:
Source Code Android
Pitch Black Recovery ... guide
Samloader ... Factory firmware for SM-A750FN
build.prop
Hi im not developer and im cant help you in thiss but i can try it and saw if it work or no. My phone :A750FNXXU5CUA1 and please if it work in these divice now send it to me because i have many work by custom recovery and there aren't any custom recovery's work in my device to now!! Thanks for you im waiting reply

Krys89

Apr 19, 2021
Don't worry I don't have plans to buy a new phone... was so angry thet's even I was tray to Brik my phone but was not able to do it, if you don't touch boot partitions (except 'boot.img is needed to flash for Root Without TWRP and then on XDA root SM-A750 without TWRP width Magsik for root boot partition ') If you flash wrong (other - means second boot partition as example "don't tray it to flash") boot of phone will be initialize in FSM ( factory service mode width where I use still heimdall it is impossible to Brik phone when all use just stock boots/partitions/files 'for models for phone and not files from second hand file poster / use samloader as my experience trusted files are to find on this webpage for stock firmware and everything will work like from samloader' partitions named boot flash width stock '*.img' and phone is "unbrikable" and even if you have no Fastboot then you flash over download mode. And if this project success then it will be posted on XDA forum. Wanna lern and even write a guide for community width my experience how to compile a recovery in this case of SM-A750FN/... So far I know you can't downgrade binary ('U5 '- A750FNXXU5CUA1 - newest) without Fastboot mode ( and why for some reason don't work by me), maybe in new models it dosent work at all ...

To root widhout TWRP are steps needed:
Download latest release of Magsik.apk from GitHub and use it to mod boot.img from stock rom, then the (boot.img magsik) from Dowanlods folder on phone download it to your computer / linux device.
Then you power off device and then by holding (Vol UP +Vol DOWN) you put a pc a compatible cable 'while connected to pc' in phone to entrance a download. Then use heimdall to flash rooted boot.img.
(look my pit and then yours file but behave yours 'option show pit by heimdal is needed- the Partition Name and Flash Filename must match' for every section)

Flash width heimdall of rotted boot.img width Magsik:

Code:
heimdall flash --BOOT boot.img

Done your phone is rooted.

Example of flash of full stock firmware (14 partitions) with heimdall, follow-up is also important to:

Code:
heimdall flash --BOOTLOADER sboot.bin --CM cm.bin --BOOT boot.img --RECOVERY recovery.img --SYSTEM system.img --VENDOR vendor.img --CACHE cache.img --ODM odm.img --OMR omr.img  --HIDDEN hidden.img --RADIO modem.bin --PARAM param.bin --CP_DEBUG modem_debug.bin --USERDATA userdata.img

Don't dissconect or shutdown phone while flashing.
Then my question for XDA is, do I collected all files ? What for files I excly need ?

Last edited:

Krys89

Apr 19, 2021
As Tutorial's follows I was use Twrp Device Tree Generator to make from stock recovery a device tree of recovery. With output:
Code:
├── device_tree_from_stock_recovery
│   └── samsung
│       └── a7y18lte
│           ├── Android.mk
│           ├── AndroidProducts.mk
│           ├── BoardConfig.mk
│           ├── device.mk
│           ├── omni_a7y18lte.mk
│           ├── prebuilt
│           │   ├── Image.gz
│           │   └── dt.img
│           ├── recovery
│           │   └── root
│           │       └── ueventd.rc
│           ├── recovery.fstab
│           └── vendorsetup.sh
└── recovery.img

6 directories, 11 files

To comile on Mac OS we need to do it on "case-sensitive filesystem" follows the tutorial from google it needs to be created a ".dmg" file where data will be stored.
Example of creating ".dmg" file.
Code:
hdiutil create -type SPARSE -fs 'Case-sensitive Journaled HFS+' -size 250g ~/android.dmg.sparseimage

The next step will be to clone the Pitch Black Recovery Project and Get android open source I downloaded the omni repo as well. From android_device_samsung_gta3xl I can take configurations for exynos7885.
Then I have now:
Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-26 um 14.23.28.png

On Mac OS i was going intro multiprocessing issues while repo sync.
To solve this problem I edited the "pool.py" and add a line of code.
Code:
import multiprocessing
nano /usr/local/Cellar/[email protected]/3.9.4/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/lib/python3.9/multiprocessing/pool.py

Then... ( "-j8" is faster)
Code:
repo sync -c -j1

The result is no errors while sync of repository.
iMac-von-macOS:eek:mni macos$ repo sync -c -j1 --fail-fast
remote: Total 0 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
Fetching: 100% (362/362), done in 1m6.207s
Updating files: 100% (67/67), done.m/test/vts-testcase/performanceUpdating files: 29% (20/67)
Checking out: 100% (362/362), done in 40.780s
repo sync has finished successfully.
While tray of first build was missing module because omni dosen't allow full repository from google for download architecture to work width it I use command .
Code:
cd /Volumes/dmg_omni/omnii/prebuilts/go/
git clone https://android.googlesource.com/platform/prebuilts/go/darwin-x86
Its all data ? Or is missing something ...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: play 5

play 5

May 29, 2018
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018)
As Tutorial's follows I was use Twrp Device Tree Generator to make from stock recovery a device tree of recovery. With output:
Code:
│   └── samsung
│       └── a7y18lte
│           ├── prebuilt
│           ├── recovery
│           │   └── root
└── recovery.img

6 directories, 11 files
The next step will be to clone the Pitch Black Recovery Project and Get android open source.
Then I have now:
Im dont untrestand any think of them but please end speed we need TWRP

• Wow
Reactions: Krys89

Dark8812

Feb 20, 2019
Thank you for taking your time to work on a recovery for this phone. The previous model of this gets so much support yet this is lacking. If there is any way I could support you let me know!

Krys89

Apr 19, 2021
I'm moving project intro

Ubuntu 18.04​

i was copy PBRP intro folder work/botable/PBRP and device tree created width tool I was copy to work/devices. After first tray of compelling without success I get output. Means i get "soong" issues while research i was find few solutions for synce repo but without success. Allowing more ram for virtual machine and use
Code:
make -j1 recoveryimage ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true
i was able to start compiling but agin i go intro issuses this time width "TARGET_SCREEN_WIDTH and TARGET_SCREEN_HEIGHT" i was set in
/home/lol/Schreibtisch/work/bootable/recovery/gui/Android.mk
DEVICE_RESOLUTION :=1080x1920
I build PBRP as few changes as posible after using TWRP genegator for the tree. After this i done few changes about wpa_supplicant width uncommenting contend
device/generic/goldfish/wifi/wpa_supplicant_8_lib/Android.mk
but in recovery he is not needed. I tray some day to reproduce the whole procedure and notice all changes one after another. When it comes to compress img then it is crashing. Means mayby i need just create a empty file inside because of rsync. Then lets tray. On GitHub I found the same issuse means I will be need agin download full google AOSP. Recovery can't be builded on OMNI anymore. I take a few days to investigate it. So first image was unbootable i tray to recompile it agin like in other post with the 64bit binder flag.
BoardConfig.mk TARGET_USES_64_BIT_BINDER := true
Im using commands:
Code:
rm -rf out/ ; make clobber ; make clean ; rm -rf out ; . build/make/envsetup.sh ; lunch omni_a7y18lte-eng ; make -j8 recoveryimage ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true LLC_ALL=C
make -j8 bootimage ALLOW_MISSING_DEPENDENCIES=true

Last issue what i have to do width. Spited output command works but not this one width rsync . Means this --exclude log... it is still ram issuse adding more of it sloves sometimes the problem.
A screenshot while building.
Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-01 um 13.17.04.png

Im do recovery as first time I need a few tray to understand tree structure of OMNI and AOSP.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Dark8812

itmr

Mar 22, 2021
Got ADB and MTP to work!
I've been trying in the past few days to get encryption to work, but with no luck.
Should I post it in another thread as an unofficial release or just share the file here?

Please tell me if you find bugs

Downloads:
installable zip (you need a working TWRP to install using zip)
flashable image (flash using heimdall, no need for TWRP)

kernel source
device tree

NOTE: The device tree is a TWRP device tree, so if you want to build it you need to change in omni_a7y18lte.mk from
Code:
$(call inherit-product, vendor/omni/config/common.mk)
to
Code:
$(call inherit-product, vendor/pb/config/common.mk)

Last edited:

Mark.Kerensky

Aug 19, 2021
I have SM-A750FN for testing. Unfortunately, I cannot install any custom ROMs in this recovery mode. Bootloop without interruption. I added an installation log file with Recovery PBRP 3.1.0 Unofficial. Log file from the installation of TreeUI+ 0.9.5 Beta for SM-A750FN Help me? 🤔

Attachments

• TreeUiPlus 0.9.5.zip.log.txt
    6.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I have SM-A750FN for testing. Unfortunately, I cannot install any custom ROMs in this recovery mode. Bootloop without interruption. I added an installation log file with Recovery PBRP 3.1.0 Unofficial. Log file from the installation of TreeUI+ 0.9.5 Beta for SM-A750FN Help me? 🤔
Do you have latest firmware? downgrade it to december or below security patch level.
treeui don't work on latest firmware. (from what I know).

It is not possible to change to a different security level, e.g. in December. ODIN shows an error, the latest firmware is installed without any problem. Can you get around it somehow?
I can upgrade or downgrade mine without error.
Unlock your bootloader in developer options before flashing using odin.
and also prefer to enable usb debugging.

Mark.Kerensky

Aug 19, 2021
I can upgrade or downgrade mine without error.
Unlock your bootloader in developer options before flashing using odin.
and also prefer to enable usb debugging.
Debugging enabled, OEM lock removed. I run in download mode and connect five files as it should and start and immediately after a few seconds ODIN error. Latest software no problem. December is impossible. What a 🤬?

Mark.Kerensky

Aug 19, 2021
u need flash the oldest SAME SECURITY BIT firmware.

i.e if u have 6 bit firmware, you need flash the oldest 6 bit firmware.

Use this page https://samfw.com/ and filter the firmware list by your bit number.
Thank you 🤝 very much. 👏 You're right. The bit is good and everything is ok. Custom Rom TreeUI + 0.9.5 Beta already works on SM-A750FN uploaded by TWRP 3.2.3-1 💪👍
Man learns all his life, and insists stupid.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello I wanna tray to compile width community a recovery because all posted TWRP'S for SM-A750FN/DS are unbotablle. From page 4 was booted but not properly and stayed in bootloop. (for some reason my Fastboot mode on device don't initialize on phone, means I flash just over download mode) I was trying all recovery a month without success. Because of this reasons I was do decision that I wanna tray to compile a recovery. For this project I place for help to collect all relevant data and how they should and must be sorted in dictionary. And for changes in files for recovery itself, exist enough tutorials. My first question it is how do download the from relevant page the Source Code Android and if I need it to compile a recovery, in principle im a noob. Have Experience to compile Linux Kernel but not width android. I work on MAC OS Big Sur and Pitch Black Recovery Project is based on TWRP. For any advice I will be grateful. I work long on projects and thorough.
    Found:
    Source Code Android ... Android Open Source
    Establishing a Build Environment
    Pitch Black Recovery ... guide-XDA by Dees_Troy
    [NOOB FRIENDLY]How to compile TWRP from source step by step by Hacker432
    Samloader ... Factory firmware for SM-A750FN or other Samsung Devices
    Twrp Device Tree Generator
    build.prop of my device
    exynos7885 - Recovery Device Tree for the 2019 Samsung Galaxy Tab A [SM-T515]
    minimal-manifest-twrp
    The Build System by oreilly.com
    Building Android O with a Mac
    TWRP Tree From Scratch - YouTube
    [DEV]How to compile TWRP touch recovery XDA

Exemple
    Final_Home-1-ot38nd9srdphzpjbqd88rotbuffd5ortaljkw4g3k2.png

Models
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-18 um 10.24.38.png
    I got Pitch Black Recovery to work on my A750F, I still need to fix some bugs (adb, fstab, etc) but overall it's working.

s.png
    Got ADB and MTP to work!
    I've been trying in the past few days to get encryption to work, but with no luck.
    Should I post it in another thread as an unofficial release or just share the file here?

Please tell me if you find bugs

Downloads:
    installable zip (you need a working TWRP to install using zip)
    flashable image (flash using heimdall, no need for TWRP)

kernel source
    device tree

NOTE: The device tree is a TWRP device tree, so if you want to build it you need to change in omni_a7y18lte.mk from
    Code:
    $(call inherit-product, vendor/omni/config/common.mk)
    to
    Code:
    $(call inherit-product, vendor/pb/config/common.mk)
    I think you should have a new thread with only releases or updates
    Done
    Code:
    │   └── samsung
    │       └── a7y18lte
    │           ├── prebuilt
    │           ├── recovery
    │           │   └── root
    └── recovery.img

6 directories, 11 files

To comile on Mac OS we need to do it on "case-sensitive filesystem" follows the tutorial from google it needs to be created a ".dmg" file where data will be stored.
    Example of creating ".dmg" file.
    Code:
    hdiutil create -type SPARSE -fs 'Case-sensitive Journaled HFS+' -size 250g ~/android.dmg.sparseimage

The next step will be to clone the Pitch Black Recovery Project and Get android open source I downloaded the omni repo as well. From android_device_samsung_gta3xl I can take configurations for exynos7885.
    Then I have now:
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-26 um 14.23.28.png

On Mac OS i was going intro multiprocessing issues while repo sync.
    To solve this problem I edited the "pool.py" and add a line of code.
    Code:
    import multiprocessing
    nano /usr/local/Cellar/[email protected]/3.9.4/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/lib/python3.9/multiprocessing/pool.py

Then... ( "-j8" is faster)
    Code:
    repo sync -c -j1

The result is no errors while sync of repository.
    iMac-von-macOS:eek:mni macos$ repo sync -c -j1 --fail-fast
    remote: Total 0 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
    Fetching: 100% (362/362), done in 1m6.207s
    Updating files: 100% (67/67), done.m/test/vts-testcase/performanceUpdating files: 29% (20/67)
    Checking out: 100% (362/362), done in 40.780s
    repo sync has finished successfully.
    While tray of first build was missing module because omni dosen't allow full repository from google for download architecture to work width it I use command .
    Code:
    cd /Volumes/dmg_omni/omnii/prebuilts/go/
    git clone https://android.googlesource.com/platform/prebuilts/go/darwin-x86