Pixel 2 Canadian thread (:Discussion/waiting room/Canada specific questions:)

Search This thread
So I just returned the iPhone X after 5 days and got this bad boy. So far I really like the polished seamless experience this phone provides. Having 2 Google homes and 3 Chromecasts and the Pixel C at home really makes the whole even more rich. Until I say okay Google and everything starts ringing, beeping and lighting up. lol. I was trying to order those google pixel buds with the money left over from returning the iphone and for some reason I can't hit buy or log in to purchase anything. Anybody having this issue with the Google store?

Bo$well

Nov 16, 2016
So I just returned the iPhone X after 5 days and got this bad boy. So far I really like the polished seamless experience this phone provides. Having 2 Google homes and 3 Chromecasts and the Pixel C at home really makes the whole even more rich. Until I say okay Google and everything starts ringing, beeping and lighting up. lol. I was trying to order those google pixel buds with the money left over from returning the iphone and for some reason I can't hit buy or log in to purchase anything. Anybody having this issue with the Google store?

I think it may be fixed now. A few people (seemed to be Canadians) including me were dealing with this issue but it seems to be good to go now. Check it out

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

What did you like and didn't like about the iPhone X?? Not that I'm contemplating getting it, I'm extremely happy and pleased with my Pixel 2. Just curious about that phone

Reactions: mrnovanova
Thanks. It's working now. The iPhone X is really a great phone but as always no numbers row and the closed ecosystem did me in. I wouldn't be caught dead with an apple watch and I don't have an iTunes lib or apple TV and all that stuff. I just really liked the animojis. Wasn't worth 1500$ everything else I have with android. My main phone is the note 8 and all things considered I can do so much more with it that I can justify its price. I can't do that with the iPhone X.

Oh okay cool, that makes sense. Just curious, which size did you get? I got the non XL and am LOVING it!!

Me too. With the issues plaguing the XL I decided to play it safe. Besides I already have a big phone. The note 8. This gives a smaller phone, better camera and pure vanilla experience.

Sent from my Google Pixel 2 using XDA Labs

jello24

Apr 12, 2011
Can someone confirm something for me:

Is the Pixel 2 for the Canadian market bootloader unlockable? I'm debating between the Pixel 2 and S8 and the deciding factor is the ability to load customr ROMs, which the Canadian S8 variant can't do due to the bootloader being locked for this market.

Is the Pixel 2 for the Canadian market bootloader unlockable? I'm debating between the Pixel 2 and S8 and the deciding factor is the ability to load customr ROMs, which the Canadian S8 variant can't do due to the bootloader being locked for this market.

I can't say for sure because I haven't tried yet but the bootloader is usually unlocked for Nexus/pixel devices in Canada. If you like to tinker I say Pixel over Samsung any day.

Sent from my Google Pixel 2 using XDA Labs

xstokerx

Jan 26, 2012
winnipeg
Google Pixel 5

Pixel 2 is bootloader unlockable and sim unlocked s8 is locked down and if u root there's a bug that takes 20 percent of battery away I'm so glad I went with pixel and not Samsung again

zivan56

Jun 14, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Confirmed VoLTE and RCS work on Rogers now. It needed a "carrier services" updated to make it work, as before it would fall back down to 3G for calls and SMS for messages.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I think it may be fixed now. A few people (seemed to be Canadians) including me were dealing with this issue but it seems to be good to go now. Check it out

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

What did you like and didn't like about the iPhone X?? Not that I'm contemplating getting it, I'm extremely happy and pleased with my Pixel 2. Just curious about that phone
    Oh okay cool, that makes sense. Just curious, which size did you get? I got the non XL and am LOVING it!!