Pixel 2 Glitching in News Feed

Search This thread

Rusty_Gunn

Jun 30, 2012
Just started a few days ago. The phone had the battery usage go through the roof, it said I was on a call but I wasn't, and then it went really glitchy. Rebooted and problem persisted. Did update, restarted again and recharged and it seemed to be fine, but every once in a while it will do something funky though, like freeze up in the pixel launcher news feed (which happens once or twice a day). Sometime if i wait it will be responsive again, other times I have to push home to get out of the new feed. Had a full launcher crash as well where I lost all the icons/screens and had to restart.

Pixel 2 is 3.5 years old, still on the original battery. Life isn't great but accubattery reports 80% health. Not rooted and it is the factory image/rom.

Will a new battery fix my issue or is it just done? I noticed the news feed now shows a progress/loading bar when I click on an article, maybe it is just a new bug and I have to wait for an update? The appearance of the loading bar and my issues seem to coincide, but I may not of just noticed the loading bar earlier.

Thoughts? Thanks.

blastroid

Jul 29, 2010
San Francisco
My Pixel 2 is doing the same thing. News feed gets glitchy and all my icons disappear. I can still squeeze the sides and invoke the assistant to open apps but a reboot always fixes it - happens every 2 or 3 weeks. Battery will be fine for days then drain 60% in an hour or be totally empty overnight. I'm just nursing mine along till the Pixel 6 launch. I bought the 2 on launch day and after 4 full years of use I feel good about all the good times we have had together.

Rusty_Gunn

Jun 30, 2012
that is exactly the same as me but more frequent for me. I found if I clear all the data/cache for the 'google' system app it is fine for a few days but keeps coming back.

i might be on the same upgrade path the google 6. if it stopped glitching I would probably get the battery replaced and run it for another year or two, don't really need an upgrade yet.

min just started a week ago, i was hoping it was one up the recent updates that caused it but if yours was doing it weeks ago, sounds like a different issue.

blastroid

Jul 29, 2010
San Francisco
Yea at least 3-4 months ago for the glitchy stuff. And the battery was noticeably weaker earlier in the year. I feel like it's a slow decay to failure.

If the 6 didn't have the new camera I'd be happy staying on the 2 another year.

Rusty_Gunn

Jun 30, 2012
so i did a full wipe and loaded on the newest pixel experience rom. it has gone a week with no glitchyness, launcher crashes or resets. as a bonus, i get security updates again! hopefully it keeps working now!

Reactions: dcarvil

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so i did a full wipe and loaded on the newest pixel experience rom. it has gone a week with no glitchyness, launcher crashes or resets. as a bonus, i get security updates again! hopefully it keeps working now!