Pixel 3 Canadian Thread

Search This thread

jonnyg1097

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto
I had noticed that. I tried calling my cell phone to see it in use but the option was never there. I was greatly disappointed. I hope it comes in an update soon.

Dark_Eyes_

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Sep 19, 2013
Anyone here with Telus got wi-fi calling or visual voicemail to work? Both won't work on my phone, and I'm told the features aren't out yet for the pixel 3, but I'm pretty sure they told me that just to get rid of me lol.

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive Recognize
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Anyone here with Telus got wi-fi calling or visual voicemail to work? Both won't work on my phone, and I'm told the features aren't out yet for the pixel 3, but I'm pretty sure they told me that just to get rid of me lol.

I'm not with Telus but I'm pretty sure if I bought my phone from Rogers, I'd get Wifi calling at the very least.

I told them to just add my IMEI to the whitelist but they couldn't.

Reactions: Dark_Eyes_

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive Recognize
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Anyone notice that the screen call feature isn't even available in Canada?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using XDA Labs

I had noticed that. I tried calling my cell phone to see it in use but the option was never there. I was greatly disappointed. I hope it comes in an update soon.

Unfortunately, be prepared to be disappointed...

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/9ylm8z/call_screen_for_canada/

However, you can enable it with root:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/pixel-2-xl/themes/root-enable-call-screening-pixel-t3861350

Reactions: mrnovanova

mrnovanova

Jun 28, 2011
Montreal

I'm with Telus and wifi calling works. Not too sure what you mean by visual voicemail though because last I checked that was an iPhone feature...

Sent from my HUAWEI LYA-L0C using XDA Labs

DespairFactor

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto

I'm with Telus and wifi calling works. Not too sure what you mean by visual voicemail though because last I checked that was an iPhone feature...

I have VVM, not VoLTE anymore and WFC they won't enable for me

lecteur

Jul 24, 2011
Canada
Unlike wifi calling, I think that you must pay to have visual voicemail with Telus

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181125-051957.png
    Screenshot_20181125-051957.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 60

Dark_Eyes_

Sep 19, 2013

Nope, it's on Android too!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181125-071755.png
    Screenshot_20181125-071755.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 66

mrnovanova

Jun 28, 2011
Montreal

DespairFactor

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Do you have to pay an extra for VVM?

I was told this extra package was for iPhones and that it should work out of the box for Android.

Yeah 5$ a month but then I have EPP so it drops 33%. It isn't the same addon as the iPhone, there is a different option for it on Android. I swapped SIM and VoLTE is still fcked. Thank you Telus!

mrnovanova

Jun 28, 2011
Montreal
I hadn't noticed but yeah. VoLTE doesn't work. ???? I just assumed it did because I've never had issues with Telus VoLTE on any device. Even my oneplus 5 had access. That is kind of lame!

Sent from my Google Pixel 3 using XDA Labs

Dark_Eyes_

Sep 19, 2013
I hadn't noticed but yeah. VoLTE doesn't work. I just assumed it did because I've never had issues with Telus VoLTE on any device. Even my oneplus 5 had access. That is kind of lame!

Sent from my Google Pixel 3 using XDA Labs

It doesn't work like it goes back to 3G when you get a call? Mine doesn't seem to do that. I also got WiFi calling to work today, so it seems all good on my end.

Dark_Eyes_

Sep 19, 2013
Do you mean VoLTE works now? If yes, how did you get it to work?

I had VoLTE working from the start (I guess), only WiFi calling and visual voicemail that wouldn't activate. Turned out I had to pay the extra 5$ for visual voicemail, so it's working now. Also, I called Telus again and they fixed WiFi calling.

How do you know VoLTE isn't working?

mrnovanova

Jun 28, 2011
Montreal
I had VoLTE working from the start (I guess), only WiFi calling and visual voicemail that wouldn't activate. Turned out I had to pay the extra 5$ for visual voicemail, so it's working now. Also, I called Telus again and they fixed WiFi calling.

Okk. I see. Maybe it's because I rooted and activated the call screen feature. I could swear VoLTE worked before but now when I call it drops to H+ or something. Anyway no biggy. ?

DespairFactor

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto

What did you tell them?

Dark_Eyes_

Sep 19, 2013
What did you tell them?

Not much, I called again and told them that wifi calling wouldn't activate (when trying to add my number it said that it wasn't registered or something like that), and this time the rep said, of yeah, we are having trouble with that, I'll check something and get back to you. And whatever she did worked because right after I could activate it.

lecteur

Jul 24, 2011
Canada
Not much, I called again and told them that wifi calling wouldn't activate (when trying to add my number it said that it wasn't registered or something like that), and this time the rep said, of yeah, we are having trouble with that, I'll check something and get back to you. And whatever she did worked because right after I could activate it.
Have the same thing, I contacts them and all work fine now...just have to reboot my phone to complete my wifi calling registration

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone