Pixel 3 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Search This thread

allenrb2

Mar 6, 2011
B.F.E.
It takes approximately 10 business days as mentioned a few times. You're fine

I don't rate companies just on their product, but the whole experience. They told me I should receive it by the 12th, and if I didn't to contact them. When contacted they said to just wait longer. It's not a very professional company, and they are definitely not prepared for international business. Like I said I wouldn't recommend them. Even if I did receive a decent product from them, it's still worse than buying from a Chinese site like fasttech, because they at least provide tracking.

RebDovid

Aug 12, 2010
I ordered on December 5. I was told to contact protectionfilms24 if my order didn’t arrive by December 12. It did’t; I did; and they asked ne to wait three more business days. Last night I emailed them again. This morning, they promised to send a replacement. They also asked me to return the first shipment, if it arrives. If both orders arrive, I’ll agree to return one, if they pay for shipping back to Germany.

I don't rate companies just on their product, but the whole experience. They told me I should receive it by the 12th, and if I didn't to contact them. When contacted they said to just wait longer. It's not a very professional company, and they are definitely not prepared for international business. Like I said I wouldn't recommend them. Even if I did receive a decent product from them, it's still worse than buying from a Chinese site like fasttech, because they at least provide tracking.

PuffDaddy_d

Aug 29, 2010
Houston, TX
I ordered on December 5. I was told to contact protectionfilms24 if my order didn’t arrive by December 12. It did’t; I did; and they asked ne to wait three more business days. Last night I emailed them again. This morning, they promised to send a replacement. They also asked me to return the first shipment, if it arrives. If both orders arrive, I’ll agree to return one, if they pay for shipping back to Germany.

Sounds like the mail is moving a bit slower. The shipper has no control over that. Plus, consider the holiday rush. December is the busiest shipping time of the year.

PuffDaddy_d

Aug 29, 2010
Houston, TX
I had an old Brotect Airglass screen protector laying around from a previous device and decided to bend it... It's definitely made of glass.

Attachments

• IMG_20181219_205634.jpg
    IMG_20181219_205634.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 651

PuffDaddy_d

Aug 29, 2010
Houston, TX
my wife had a screen protector from caseology, and it never looked right. A big Halo around all 4 sides and the top right corner never stayed fully adhered. She recently dropped her phone and the screen protector immediately shattered.

So, I replaced it with a flexible glass screen protector from brotect and the installation results are even better than my phone. Absolutely no halos or lifting around the edges. Looks like this new design has a better fit than my original.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XerYXTEGAniNwtL1A

pasta1234

Apr 12, 2011
I also just got the brotect one which took 12 business days and its by far the best looking protector on this phone. I will be getting another for the wife's phone. I will try and get a few pics later on.

Happy Holidays everyone :)
Pete

Reactions: PuffDaddy_d

killall

Nov 2, 2010
Alba
Not normally a fan of TGSP and always make sure only my phone is in my pocket. But I want to protect from minor surface scratches. Has anyone ever used the Spigen Nano Liquid?

RebDovid

Aug 12, 2010
My shipment of Brotect Airglass protectors arrived the end of last week. As the photos others have posted fairly represent what I see, I’ll add only one with the screen on.

As a value proposition, the Brotect is well worth it for me. While I wish it covered even more of the screen, it’s “good enough.” There’s no noticeable halo and no danger that my Speck Presidio Grip case will lift it up. After many, many frustrating and disappointing experiences with tempered glass screen protectors for my Samsung Galaxy S7, I’m quite satisfied. That said, if something better comes out that’s reasonably priced, I would seriously consider giving it a try. (The Whitestone Dome, for me, is too expensive to experiment with. )

So far, the glass is smoothe enough, albeit not quite as slick as the bare Pixel 3 screen. And, it hasn’t been a fingerprint magnet. I sometimes think that the screen’s sensitivity is very, very slightly reduced. But I can’t say that my use of the device has been adversely affected.

Attachments

• 3F0A169A-EADA-4367-B97E-96EE168FD9D6.jpg
    3F0A169A-EADA-4367-B97E-96EE168FD9D6.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 1,157

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive Recognize
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
Last edited:

PuffDaddy_d

Aug 29, 2010
Houston, TX
I've finally found one TGSP with full coverage, works, no lifting and massive haloing...that doesn't cost a fraction of the phone's price (ahem, Dome Glass)

Applying it, there was haloing on the bottom left and right but after letting it sit for a few hours, it disappeared completely!

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07KZSLJ6J/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've seen similar versions which had a dot matrix pattern imbedded into the glass which was visible and quite annoying. Does this have that too?

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive Recognize
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
I've seen similar versions which had a dot matrix pattern imbedded into the glass which was visible and quite annoying. Does this have that too?

None, it's full adhesive and it acts like those...OnePlus official ones with no visible dot matrix.

It doesn't cover the screen neither.

tehloxely

Nov 9, 2010
Do NOT buy the Brotech glass (http://www.protectionfilms24.com/). The glass does NOT cover the entire visual area of the screen. I contacted their support center with photos of their defective product they told me that they do not do refunds unless it is unopened and you have to pay to ship it back to Germany. They didn't even care that their product doesn't fully cover the Pixel 3 screen. The shipping alone would cost more than the glass is worth. Do not deal with this company.

PuffDaddy_d

Aug 29, 2010
Houston, TX
Do NOT buy the Brotech glass (http://www.protectionfilms24.com/). The glass does NOT cover the entire visual area of the screen. I contacted their support center with photos of their defective product they told me that they do not do refunds unless it is unopened and you have to pay to ship it back to Germany. They didn't even care that their product doesn't fully cover the Pixel 3 screen. The shipping alone would cost more than the glass is worth. Do not deal with this company.
No one ever claimed it did. Most TGSPs do not cover 100% of the display because the curve causes halos. The only ones that offer full coverage are curved and cost $45+

Your outrage is a bit misplaced for a $5 screen protector

gabriel_hart

Apr 5, 2011
Woah, calm down. And seriously... I see at least 2 places on the product page where it warns you about this. If you're that concerned about it not being full coverage, you might have wanted to read the product page a bit more thoroughly... especially the bolded text.

scoppola

Oct 7, 2007
The Brotect Airglass is my favorite. It's so thin, it's almost invisible. It went on super quick, with no bubbles under the full-coverage adhesive. It completely hides the fine scratches I got from going naked since October. Also, it's dirt cheap.

It does seem like they could make it 1 or 2 mm wider to cover the full width of the display, but I hardly notice this since it's so thin. I tried the Dome glass, but took it off since I had some small bubbles right in the middle of the display, and I don't like the thick glass (I'm interested in scratch protection, not drop protection).

If it was 2 mm wider and had an oleophobic coating, it would be perfect for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Caseology has their 2pack screen protectors for FREE today. Bit shows $14.99 but it'll drop to $0.00 when added to cart, plus free shipping. For both Pixel 3 and 3XL. Get em while you can!

https://www.caseologycases.com/products/tempered-glass-screen-protector-1
    Got me a TGSP from AhaSky, I like how it has no cutouts that could catch lint and no black borders potentially covering more than necessary.
    It's covers more than just the visible screen resulting in white borders, but the package comes with a bit of oil and a small brush to apply it in that area so the edges will stick. Already knew that procedure from OP3 TGSPs, but back then we had to do it ourselves with cooking oil and a toothpick. Nice to see it comes included now.
    Had a TGSP from LK before, but that one had a too accurate fit, exactly covering the visible screen, and no white border without any extra tampering, but when looking at the screen at an angle you could see a gap due to the distance the TGSP has laying on top. Don't have that with the AhaSky I have now.
    IMG_20190219_131527.jpegIMG_20190219_131646.jpeg

Tap-a-talked from my OP3
    These flexible glass screen protectors have been a game changer for me.

http://www.protectionfilms24.com/ar...n-protector-clear-google-pixel-3-2733580.html

I prefer thin cases and traditional tempered glass is so thick that it sticks up beyond the lip of my case. These protect like glass, but flex just enough to not shatter on the first drop.

I am not affiliated with Brotect in any way. Just sharing my experience.
    Woah, calm down. And seriously... I see at least 2 places on the product page where it warns you about this. If you're that concerned about it not being full coverage, you might have wanted to read the product page a bit more thoroughly... especially the bolded text.
    I've reviewed two different ones. The Caseology one is better, though not by too much. Both of them lift around the edges, but the Caseology one is quite a bit easier to install and I prefer the appearance of it. I don't know if there are perfect ones out yet.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone