Pixel 3 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Search This thread

LuckyDragan

Oct 10, 2015
Quathiaski Cove
Seems that it's not tempered glass. I would say that it is some kind of flexible sticker or the like.

Somebody has tried it?

Brotect just released a Full-Cover Screen Protector for Google Pixel 3. Anyone tried it or ordered it? http://www.protectionfilms24.com/ar...-screen-protector-google-pixel-3-5133580.html

I have that on my Pixel 3. It's definitely a soft sticker, not tempered glass. It doesn't curve down the sides of the glass; only until the very edges (therefore coverage is just on the flat front surface). Clarity is fine, but it doesn't heal from scratches really, and it's very obvious when viewing through polarized sunglasses. For less than $10/2 pack, it's not bad, but I'm definitely waiting to see if intelliArmor or dBrand's tempered glass protectors are any better. It's less hassle than trying to wet install a screen protector, though.

pandalov3

Jul 26, 2011
Panda Town
this with the installation frame seems to be the best option.
I don't understand whether you had it on Iphonex and you're ordering for Pixel3 or you already tried on P3.

Can you please report your experience on P3?

thank you

I ordered an omoton tempered glass for my pixel 3.
Today my brand new pixel 3 arrived and I immediately put the omoton glass on.

My first attempt was bad because my desktop was quite dusty.
You will definitely get some bubbles if you try to apply this glass in a dusty area.

After I let some hot water run in my bathroom, I gave it another try. There were still some bubbles, so I tried to get rid of them with some help of tape.

The glass comes in a nice package and with some instructions.

With the glass on you will need to apply more "force" to make your phone register your touches. It is minimal but quite a bit annoying for me when I'm texting.

Since I used my backup phone for 2 months without any protection, it is quite noticeable. I only had to slightly touch the screen on my backup phone (Samsung Galaxy A6) to make it register any inputs.

It's been only a few hours since I applied this glass. So maybe tommorow the glass will sit properly and I won't have any "touch screen" problems anymore.

The black frame around the display portion is slightly smaller than the actual screen. Doesn't annoy me that much, but if you pay close attention while tilting your phone while the screen is on, you will have some sort of "parallax effect" (I hope you guys know what I mean )

For now I will keep the glass on.
For the price I shouldn't complain much. I paid a fraction of the costs I paid for my stupid curved screen Pixel 2 XL (it was a nice phone though)

Overall I would rate the Omoton screen protector 5. 5 put of 7 bananas.
Minus 1 banana for the touch screen issues (it was much worse right after I applied the screen protector)
Minus 0.5 banana for the "parallax effect" since the cut out is not perfect.

Would I recommend this screen protector?
Yes... I would if you are patient enough to remove all the dust on your screen, in your working environment and the dust that will eventually catch on your screen protector. (but I think that should apply to any screen protector)

Last edited:
Reactions: linqdesires

m-evo

Apr 15, 2012
I have that on my Pixel 3. It's definitely a soft sticker, not tempered glass. It doesn't curve down the sides of the glass; only until the very edges (therefore coverage is just on the flat front surface). Clarity is fine, but it doesn't heal from scratches really, and it's very obvious when viewing through polarized sunglasses. For less than $10/2 pack, it's not bad, but I'm definitely waiting to see if intelliArmor or dBrand's tempered glass protectors are any better. It's less hassle than trying to wet install a screen protector, though.

Thanks for the feedback! Any change you can post a few pictures?

cswithxda

Jan 24, 2012
all over
In China right now, so I could not easily get OTAO from Amazon. The almighty Taobao however led me to this item:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.67002e8dJVAumQ&id=571841278547&_u=r1u7r6ked0f

Full adhesive and much clearer than the ESR one I have been using. Took me a few minutes to work out all the micro-bubbles but it turned out well. Another drawback is the top coating - it's not that smooth and often gives me a feeling of paper when I swipe, but counter-intuitively it "shows" less finger oil, so it looks cleaner most of the time than ESR.

More importantly it's dirt cheap at about $0.6 each. If you have a way to import stuff on Taobao give it a try. I've contacted the seller to see if he's able to get hands on some updated versions later, mainly to address the weird top coating (that I've never seen before).

p.s. the seller's name translates into "whole sale factory direct sale", so I suspect he also supplies these protectors to other TGSP sellers. We may see more full adhesive protectors soon, hopefully.

cswithxda

Jan 24, 2012
all over
I have bought OTAO tempered glass. It's a very good item, not so easy to install like others but I had to install the glass twice.

The mobile seems so good with this glass installed but you must keep in mind that it covers a little bit part of the left and right side. You can notice that if you open chrome and go to a scrollable page. You should look a narrow line in the right side when you scroll into the page but this line would be covered by the black part of the glass.

However, probably it is the best non-expensive glass you could buy nowadays.

I've also noticed this on mine (mentioned in the post above). It covers a tiny bit more sides than ESR, which I consider to be the perfect in terms of border thinness since it doesn't block any viewable area at all.

mikote2000

Apr 20, 2011
I've also noticed this on mine (mentioned in the post above). It covers a tiny bit more sides than ESR, which I consider to be the perfect in terms of border thinness since it doesn't block any viewable area at all.

It sounds good but I'm a bit concerned because I have read oi Amazon reviews that there is a rainbow effect with this screen protector. Did you notice that?

LuckyDragan

Oct 10, 2015
Quathiaski Cove

mikote2000

Apr 20, 2011

I used this as well and it was ok for me too

Could you confirm me that it covers nothing of display area? I mean, all the TGSP I have installed, cover a bit area usually on the sides of the screen. I can realize that because when I am browsing the web, I can't see the scroll bar on the right side when I am scrolling the page? Does this brand have this issue? The no existence of this issue would be the only reason for changing my OTAO TGSP. OTAO is the brand which covers less area of all that I have tried so far.

Thanks in advance.

TealLeader

Dec 5, 2010
Yup, it fit into the Speck Presidio Clear, a MNML and a Spigen Liquid Crystal Case.

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

With this Auneos one, the sides are not adhering for me - possibly the top and bottom too but it's hidden. Also, touch sensitivity is definitely affected, probably because it's not sitting properly.

I wouldn't recommend it.

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive Recognize
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
With this Auneos one, the sides are not adhering for me - possibly the top and bottom too but it's hidden. Also, touch sensitivity is definitely affected, probably because it's not sitting properly.

I wouldn't recommend it.

To be fair, the only reason it works well for me and doesn't for some is because the curve on each of these screens are not 100% identical.

I've recommended the AUNEOS one to a friend and his one applied perfectly as well. Seems like another person on here had it working too.
But just because it works for us, it doesn't mean it will work for you.

Reactions: spiral777

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Caseology has their 2pack screen protectors for FREE today. Bit shows $14.99 but it'll drop to $0.00 when added to cart, plus free shipping. For both Pixel 3 and 3XL. Get em while you can!

https://www.caseologycases.com/products/tempered-glass-screen-protector-1
    Got me a TGSP from AhaSky, I like how it has no cutouts that could catch lint and no black borders potentially covering more than necessary.
    It's covers more than just the visible screen resulting in white borders, but the package comes with a bit of oil and a small brush to apply it in that area so the edges will stick. Already knew that procedure from OP3 TGSPs, but back then we had to do it ourselves with cooking oil and a toothpick. Nice to see it comes included now.
    Had a TGSP from LK before, but that one had a too accurate fit, exactly covering the visible screen, and no white border without any extra tampering, but when looking at the screen at an angle you could see a gap due to the distance the TGSP has laying on top. Don't have that with the AhaSky I have now.
    IMG_20190219_131527.jpegIMG_20190219_131646.jpeg

Tap-a-talked from my OP3
    These flexible glass screen protectors have been a game changer for me.

http://www.protectionfilms24.com/ar...n-protector-clear-google-pixel-3-2733580.html

I prefer thin cases and traditional tempered glass is so thick that it sticks up beyond the lip of my case. These protect like glass, but flex just enough to not shatter on the first drop.

I am not affiliated with Brotect in any way. Just sharing my experience.
    Do NOT buy the Brotech glass (http://www.protectionfilms24.com/). The glass does NOT cover the entire visual area of the screen. I contacted their support center with photos of their defective product they told me that they do not do refunds unless it is unopened and you have to pay to ship it back to Germany. They didn't even care that their product doesn't fully cover the Pixel 3 screen. The shipping alone would cost more than the glass is worth. Do not deal with this company.
    Woah, calm down. And seriously... I see at least 2 places on the product page where it warns you about this. If you're that concerned about it not being full coverage, you might have wanted to read the product page a bit more thoroughly... especially the bolded text.
    I've reviewed two different ones. The Caseology one is better, though not by too much. Both of them lift around the edges, but the Caseology one is quite a bit easier to install and I prefer the appearance of it. I don't know if there are perfect ones out yet.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone