Pixel 3 worth the upgrade ?

Search This thread

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
I just got the Pixel 3 from the Pixel 2 and I have to say, it's a nice phone, but I cannot say there is a huge noticeable difference. When you throw in the camera mod for the Pixel 2, the Pixel 3 is better on paper, but overall, it generally feels like I bought the same phone and Google is probably laughing at me.

What say ye ?

malek777

Nov 6, 2011
I have the 3xl and it’s definitely not an upgrade from the 2XL. For the price you’re not getting much more

BootloopedMillennials

Dec 25, 2010
Google Pixel 6
I just got the Pixel 3 from the Pixel 2 and I have to say, it's a nice phone, but I cannot say there is a huge noticeable difference. When you throw in the camera mod for the Pixel 2, the Pixel 3 is better on paper, but overall, it generally feels like I bought the same phone and Google is probably laughing at me.

What say ye ?

If you already have a Pixel 2, I say skip it and wait for the 4. The Pixel 3 screen has flaws, especially when you observe it at angles.

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
If you already have a Pixel 2, I say skip it and wait for the 4. The Pixel 3 screen has flaws, especially when you observe it at angles.

I just don't think the phone is actually a huge improvement esp with the ability to do night shots with the Pixel 2. They literally changed one or 2 items and jacked up the price. I haven't met anyone i know yet so has legitimately disagreed that the Pixel 3 is worth $799 payment to upgrade to over the Pixel 2.

BootloopedMillennials

Dec 25, 2010
Google Pixel 6
I just don't think the phone is actually a huge improvement esp with the ability to do night shots with the Pixel 2. They literally changed one or 2 items and jacked up the price. I haven't met anyone i know yet so has legitimately disagreed that the Pixel 3 is worth $799 payment to upgrade to over the Pixel 2.

The only reason I upgraded to the Pixel 3 was because I could get it for $400 on Black Friday. I was expecting the issues to be overblown but they weren't. I should RMA my Pixel 3 but I'm hesitant to do so.

Note10.1Dude

Dec 17, 2013
California
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 3
I just went from a Nexus 6 to Pixel 3. My wife has an OG Pixel. While the 3 is an improvement in every way except ergonomics from the 6, it isn't that much better than her Pixel. She will get a new phone after her's goes off support in October of next year and probably wait until the 2020 (Pixel 5?) phone. If somebody else is paying for your phone, then yes, upgrade, if it is your own cash, I would save it.

infamous84

Sep 28, 2010
Wish I Knew
i only bought the pixel 3 because of the $150 off deal that took place. Coming from a 2 XL dont think its worth the upgrade at reg price.

bartolo5

Dec 1, 2010

What say ye ?

Pixel 3 is absolutely not worth it IMHO until Google fixes all the outstanding issues. Specially RAM management, heating issues, buzz in speaker... It'll all probably get fixed in December update.

Then if you already have a Pixel 2, mine is running real nice and smooth after november update (had had jankiness since Pie) and most of the issues have been ironed out after a year and some. Other than the slightly bigger/better screen there are few reasons to go for P3.

eswarvf

Mar 18, 2013
Hyderabad

What say ye ?

Meh this year there is no innovation anywhere they are just re releasing with better chipset thats all.

fightnight14

Aug 18, 2011
Not worth it at full price. Definitely get it if the deals are as good as Black Friday. The louder speakers, 128GB (from my Pixel 2 XL 64GB) and wireless charging was definitely an upgrade to me. I'll be paying $400 give or take after I sell my Pixel 2 so it's really worth it because I couldn't stand the Pixel 2XL's display quality no more. With the Pixel 3XL everything just pops out of the screen it looks so good

Alex-V

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 26, 2008
I can not difference in switch from another pixel..but I switched from the Samsung s9 to pixel 3..and it makes a smile in my face ?

theGekkoST

Aug 21, 2012
The only reason it's worth it to me, is because I'm coming from a Nexus 5X. Can't say how nice it is to have a phone that open Instagram or Snapchat in seconds and actually take a picture. I'm just not a fan of this new gesture UI.... or the clock on the left!

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
I can not difference in switch from another pixel..but I switched from the Samsung s9 to pixel 3..and it makes a smile in my face

From a Samsung, just not having the bloatware is worth it. With any Samsung phone, you need to manually set everything to back up to Google by default instead of Samsung's own clouds. That alone makes it worth it for me not to have the manufacturer or even carrier's junk pre-installed that you CANNOT uninstall.

Reactions: Alex-V

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
The only reason it's worth it to me, is because I'm coming from a Nexus 5X. Can't say how nice it is to have a phone that open Instagram or Snapchat in seconds and actually take a picture. I'm just not a fan of this new gesture UI.... or the clock on the left!

I also have the 5X no bootloop. The camera on the phone was good at the time, but the phone itself just is very underpowered and really was the old Google. I won't ever get rid of it until it stops working. More of sentimental value, plus still getting updates !

Nexus (all of them)= Pure android experience, cheap, but laggy and full of stutters.

Pixel (all of them)= Pure android experience, great camera, and smooth.

Reactions: Alex-V

Alex-V

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 26, 2008
From a Samsung, just not having the bloatware is worth it. With any Samsung phone, you need to manually set everything to back up to Google by default instead of Samsung's own clouds. That alone makes it worth it for me not to have the manufacturer or even carrier's junk pre-installed that you CANNOT uninstall.

Right ... In the time I get the s9 I searched a phone with wireless charging..and from the specs..I thought..yes ok the Samsung...the double apps from Samsung was a pain from day 1 I used it.. with the pixels 3 ..it feels just right ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I can not difference in switch from another pixel..but I switched from the Samsung s9 to pixel 3..and it makes a smile in my face

I also have the 5X no bootloop. The camera on the phone was good at the time, but the phone itself just is very underpowered and really was the old Google. I won't ever get rid of it until it stops working. More of sentimental value, plus still getting updates !

Nexus (all of them)= Pure android experience, cheap, but laggy and full of stutters.

Pixel (all of them)= Pure android experience, great camera, and smooth.