• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Pixel 3 XL - QDLoader 9008 issue?

Search This thread

cy80rg

Mar 16, 2005
Morning all,

My old Pixel 3 XL has developed the "wont boot, wont respond, no ADB" issue that i see was quite common on here a few years back.

From what i read there wasnt really much of a solution, barring getting the OEM boot files from Google, which I dont believe ever happened.

Whats the latest on this issue - has anyone fixed it?

Usual symptoms - Pixel 3 XL, cant hard reset, cant access boot loader, cant ADB (doesnt show device), shows as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM3) when connected to windows...

Probably a lost cause, but this was a good phone - like to save it if I can :)

TIA,

C

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
Morning all,

My old Pixel 3 XL has developed the "wont boot, wont respond, no ADB" issue that i see was quite common on here a few years back.

From what i read there wasnt really much of a solution, barring getting the OEM boot files from Google, which I dont believe ever happened.

Whats the latest on this issue - has anyone fixed it?

Usual symptoms - Pixel 3 XL, cant hard reset, cant access boot loader, cant ADB (doesnt show device), shows as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM3) when connected to windows...

Probably a lost cause, but this was a good phone - like to save it if I can :)

TIA,

C

If you look in this thread you'll find a lot more information, but sadly no solution.

Not to be a dork but you're asking a question, which should go in the 'questions' forum, instead of in the rom, kernels and other development. This isn't development of any kind.

cheers