Pixel 3XL Black Screen - Still show in adb and have vibration

Search This thread

quochungvn

Oct 4, 2020
Google release Android 12 Dev Preview and i decide to sideload that on my 3xl device (It not my daily use device so it fine for me)

1) I connect the phone, use adb reboot recovery in ota intrucstion and the screen gone black
2) It not show in adb, not show anything in the screen. I use Power + Vol Down for a while, then it show on adb devices with Window add device sound

Current State: + Black screen
+ Have vibration
+ Receive charging and show on adb, i use some adb command to check and it have 100% battery

Case i think happen:

+ No battery, no boot up : I tried use adb command and it in 100%
+ Screen die, error (Hardware): I dont think that happen because it working fine for me and i not did any damage to it, just reboot it to recovery. I tried a type-c to hdmi and connect it to my monitor but it
not render anything
+ Some firmware problems: I not flash anything yet, just boot it to recovery so i dont think this case happen, i tried some method like hold power, hold power + vol down but not work

It really weird things for me, it is the first time i see a device working normally just gone to black screen by boot to recovery, non respond in screen (squeeze gesture and fingerprint still give vibration), not ringing by call.

Some note may useful: I tried hold power + vol down, then hold vol + while still hold these two button, some kind of strong vibration happen then everything still the same

I really looking forward to people have the same problems and solved it!

muhammad42620

• Aug 2, 2019
    Surfaceflinger might have been corrupted, so the only thing you can do now is try to guess the key combination for bootloader, or just use adb to boot into bootloader mode. Then flash the latest factory image. That will hopefully fix it.

Reactions: quochungvn

quochungvn

Oct 4, 2020
    My device not have oem unlock option, so seem like enter bootloader to flash image is not possible

But i have some update, i used a tool https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy and i show my display
    to my computer
    1613984029396.png

I try to touch on screen, use button, ... and everything seem like work. Only the display not display anything, just the black screen. At this point, i think it because of hardware problems - sound like so weird because i just run the device to recovery by adb

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Surfaceflinger might have been corrupted, so the only thing you can do now is try to guess the key combination for bootloader, or just use adb to boot into bootloader mode. Then flash the latest factory image. That will hopefully fix it.