Pixel 3XL died

Search This thread

walkerx

May 22, 2009
South Yorkshire
Hi,

Last night went to check something on phone and noticed it was dead even though had been working 10 minutes earlier. I couldn't power device up and even if plugged into charger it still wouldn't charge.

I have no led showing on the phone, I've tried power/volume resetting but nothing, left to charge overnight but nothing. If I put on wireless charging it acts as though charging (no led on charging unit).

I plugged into pc and get qusb_bulk_cid:0402 followed by SN:serialnum?

Phone is 25 month old (purchased directly from Google) and has official software installed, it received an update on Saturday and had been working fine.

Any advice appreciated

Have contacted Google and they want approximately £400 to repair it

thanks

Last edited:

Mar 18, 2012
haguenau
Plugged into pc and get qusb_bulk_cid:0402 followed by SN:serialnum?

Hello,

Your phone is stuck in Qualcomm Downloader mode.

If Qualcomm drivers are installed, your device should be recognized as: "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" in device manager.

Why it happens and how to get out of it...

Except with proprietary Qualcomm / Google files, there is not much chances to solve your issue.

I wonder if QXDM (Qualcomm application) would allow one to get out of Download mode and reboot a device though...

Good luck,

Sébastien.

walkerx

May 22, 2009
South Yorkshire
Hello,

Your phone is stuck in Qualcomm Downloader mode.

If Qualcomm drivers are installed, your device should be recognized as: "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" in device manager.

Why it happens and how to get out of it...

Except with proprietary Qualcomm / Google files, there is not much chances to solve your issue.

I wonder if QXDM (Qualcomm application) would allow one to get out of Download mode and reboot a device though...

Good luck,

Sébastien.
Thanks
I don't have any drivers installed on my computer
I have spoken to their out of warranty repairers who say if it is a software issue there is nothing they can do as Google won't supply them with the software, they can only fix the hardware
So looking like a £900 brick :( just waiting for google to contact me back to see if they are going to do anything else

Mar 18, 2012
haguenau
Thanks
I don't have any drivers installed on my computer
I have spoken to their out of warranty repairers who say if it is a software issue there is nothing they can do as Google won't supply them with the software, they can only fix the hardware
So looking like a £900 brick :( just waiting for google to contact me back to see if they are going to do anything else

Hey,

Well, if it's out of warranty, you're most likely SOL...

I'd try swapping the motherboard with a working device. Maybe one with a chatered screen or something that comes cheap...

Good luck...

Sébastien.

walkerx

May 22, 2009
South Yorkshire
Hey,

Well, if it's out of warranty, you're most likely SOL...

I'd try swapping the motherboard with a working device. Maybe one with a chatered screen or something that comes cheap...

Good luck...

Sébastien.
I've purchased a new phone (gone Samsung), also a few users have had the same issue after the update, phones working fine, get update, then dead within 24 hours or so.

Mar 18, 2012
haguenau
I've purchased a new phone (gone Samsung), also a few users have had the same issue after the update, phones working fine, get update, then dead within 24 hours or so.

Hi,

Well, this is pretty scary...

One of my Pixel 1 XL used to suffer of dead speaker / mic issue. My wife's Pixel 2 XL both front and rear cameras modules died. My pixel 3 XL is bug free for the moment. I do daily SMS/MMS backups though! 😅

I'm not fan of Samsung devices, but as long as you're happy with it. That's what matters! 👍

Cheers...

Sébastien.

walkerx

May 22, 2009
South Yorkshire
Hi,

Well, this is pretty scary...

One of my Pixel 1 XL used to suffer of dead speaker / mic issue. My wife's Pixel 2 XL both front and rear cameras modules died. My pixel 3 XL is bug free for the moment. I do daily SMS/MMS backups though! 😅

I'm not fan of Samsung devices, but as long as you're happy with it. That's what matters! 👍

Cheers...

Sébastien.
I've got the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 after my Huawei Watch 2 stopped charging properly (and got sick of waiting for Google to release a watch) and have a Samsung Tab S6 after switching from the Pixel C Tablet (no updates and became sluggish even after refreshing it). I still have my Pixel Slate which is still working.

I had issues with the Nexus 4 which had to be replaced under warranty, but had no issues with the Nexus 6 or Pixel XL. The only issue with the 3XL was that it died after the December update, up till then there was no issue with it.

As I had the other Samsung devices I know what the UI is like and it never bothered me as never detracted from what I was doing.

But the purchase of the S20FE 5G 256GB was a no brainer in my view as it worked out same price as the Pixel 5 with my £100 cashback, and it arrived next day unlike ordering from Google where you can never get it next day.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone